Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

All of Erik's Internet Radio Announcements [merged]

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

All of Erik's Internet Radio Announcements [merged]

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-01, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 479 Likes on 351 Posts
New Ozzy Osbourne, and more....

On the latest Erik's Metal Shop I've got a track from the new Ozzy Osbourne album (an album cut, not the single), classic Rainbow with Dio (NOT an obvious choice), Anthrax, recent Pat Travers, a GREAT band called Magnitude 9, Black Sabbath, and more....

Check it out!

www.hitekradio.com/erikshop.htm

It's the "current program" (show #17).
Old 10-22-01, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the heads up!

Moving to Dvd Audio & Music forum...
Old 10-22-01, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You're welcome. I thought the "other" forum Metal and Hard Rock fans would appreciate a chance to hear this stuff.

By the way, the new Ozzy CD is really good. I'll have a review on the Erik's Metal Shop site in the next week.

People are constantly surprised by how well produced the show is. I've had people at work tell me that I should be in radio. While I did take classes in radio production in college, the thing is, I just don't want to be a nomad going from city to city like most people in radio have to do. Plus when you start out the pay sucks.

So I'm doing this show for fun, and for the fans - it's the kind of show that I used to listen to, but just isn't out there anymore. It's a great resource for Hard Rock and Metal fans to hear new stuff from major bands, and music from lesser known bands as well. I also play rare songs that you just will not hear anywhere else (not on radio, and not on the net).
Old 11-06-01, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Any Jazz fans here?

As many of you know, I've got an internet "radio" show (Erik's Metal Shop) at www.hitekradio.com.

What you may not know is that we've also got a Jazz show there as well (Spotlight On Jazz).

My dad usually does the show (and he is VERY qualified to do a Jazz show - he's collected over 2,000 LPs over the last 45 years or so, and is nearing 500 CDs, and about 95% of the records and CDs are Jazz), but he has been very busy lately and hasn't been able to keep up with the show the way he intends to, soooooooo....

I did an "episode" of the show for him. And you know what? It's pretty darned good! I've got Louie Bellson, Chick Corea's Acoustic Band, Maynard Ferguson, Buddy Rich, and more on the show. A fairly wide range of Jazz styles, not all for the purist.

If you like Jazz you should check it out:

http://www.hitekradio.com/jazzintro.htm

(That's the page for the flash intro - it's simple, but cool. Scroll down to get the "enter" button.)

Let us know what you think of the show!

Thanks.
Old 11-06-01, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks, man
Old 11-07-01, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone interested in the new Ozzy Osbourne or Alice Cooper CDs?

If you are, on the latest edition of Erik's Metal Shop I've got another track from Ozzy's new Down To Earth album, a track from Alice Cooper's new Dragontown album, and a track from the first Pantera album with Phil Anselmo (Power Metal - 1988).

Check it out, show #18 (current program) at:

http://www.hitekradio.com/erikshop.htm

Also on the show is a classic Thin Lizzy track, a damn heavy track from KISS, and more.

Do not miss this one!

I've also got my album reviews for the new Ozzy Osbourne and Alice Cooper albums up on the site now, so check those out as well!
Old 11-14-01, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Any UFO fans here?

If you like UFO, you may want to check out the latest Erik's Metal Shop.

I've got a song from their most recent album, Covenant, on the show, along with songs from Y&T, Iced Earth, a semi-rare song from Iron Maiden, a Galactic Cowboys cover of a classic KISS song, and more!

Check it out at:

It's the "current program," show #19.
Old 11-14-01, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gigantic UFO fan here, I'm proud to say, and have been since about 1977. I've got 'em all: the early pre-Schenker stuff, the classic Michael years, everything after. They'll all good. "Covenant" is excellent, of course.

Favorite UFO album: "Force It"
Most underrated: "Misdemeanor"
Old 11-14-01, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's nice to see that there's at least ONE other UFO fan here.

I love UFO. Force It is great, no question. I really love Walk On Water from 1995 - and I was lucky enough to actually see the tour! GREAT show!

I've played UFO about 4 times on my show, and I will continue to play them - they're one of those bands that never quite got the success that they deserved, but came close. (It's always hard deciding which UFO song to play when I decide to play one on my show - there are SO MANY great UFO songs!)

For anyone who is not already into UFO, but who likes solid Hard Rock bordering on Metal I'd recommend:

Force It
No Heavy Petting
Lights Out
Obsession
Mechanix
Making Contact
The Wild, The Willing, And The Innocent
Walk On Water
Covenant

Those are some GREAT UFO albums to start with.

And if you want a sampler - just listen to my show! I've got a song from Covenant on there.

(current program - show #19)
Old 11-25-01, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The PERFECT Hard Rock/Metal soundtrack to listen to while on DVD Talk...

On the latest Erik's Metal Shop you can listen to what Tony Martin (who recorded FIVE albums as Black Sabbath's singer in the late 80's & early 90's) was up to following the reunion of the original Black Sabbath line-up. I've got a track from an album he did in 1999.

I've also got a song from the new Saxon album, a CLASSIC Riot song, a live KISS track, a song from Doug Pinnick of King's X and Bruce Franklin of Trouble from their Supershine project/band, a track from Pantera, and MORE!

(Maybe even a CLASSIC Saxon track as well...)

Check it out:

It's the "current program," show #20!

Good stuff maynard! Give it a listen....

(...and NO, I don't make a dime off of the show or the site - it is completely non-revenue generating; a show for the fans, just to promote songs and bands that don't usually get airplay/webplay.)
Old 11-25-01, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Figures.

No sooner do we get the new show up but the site goes down. I hate when that happens!

But, hey - no worries. It will be back in the morning (11/25) - or the afternoon at the latest.

Check it out then....
Old 11-25-01, 07:23 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
B5Erik, I thought Tony Martin stayed for two albums with that particular European combo but I've not heard either of them! I hear that Graham Bonnet is now recording with the same guitarist. No doubt something will be released in Italy and Japan when Graham B and Don Airey finish their current UK tour: in fairly small venues, they are performing some of the greats from the Rainbow catalogue!

I'd be really impressed if you managed to get your hands on some tracks Tony Martin put together for a long-since-deleted solo album (Back Where I Belong - not this one) during the time Sabbath reunited with RJD and were themselves recording/touring Dehumaniser.

Last edited by benedict; 11-25-01 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-25-01, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd be impressed if I could get that Tony Martin CD.

I put off getting it when it first came out, but it was out of print about 18 months later. It is REALLY hard to find. But if I ever do find it, you can bet I won't hesitate in buying it!

I thought that Tony's vocals on this particular album (Mollo/Martin The Cage) may have been the best he's ever done - and that says a lot since he is a great singer!

(By the way, as I figured, the site is back up....)

-update-
11/25 2:35 pm pacific

The site is down again.

Check back later - it will be back up.

Last edited by B5Erik; 11-25-01 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-23-01, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's coming (back...) - Hard Rock and Metal fans, this is for you...

I know I haven't had a show up in about three weeks, but Erik's Metal Shop will have a new show up on Wednesday the 26th or Thursday the 27th.

I will have songs from the latest Helloween and Blaze CDs (both unreleased in the U.S.), and classics from AC/DC, Gary Moore, and Def Leppard. I will also have a song from Sun Red Sun (featuring Ray Gillen, Bobby Rondinelli, Mike Starr, and Al Romano).

I'll post here when the show is up.

I hadn't intended to have such a gap in between shows, but a lot of stuff happened at the same time (problems with the site going down, 3 weeks spent looking for and purchasing a new Nissan Frontier 4-Door pickup, and a 4 day weekend/vacation). I will try to get ahead of the game so that I always have a new show ready to go.

And if you ever have a problem getting on the site, please let me know. E-mail me, send me a personal message, or post it here. We're trying to get a handle on what the problem is, and we may have to switch our internet provider for the high speed line (the problem may be there).

Anyway, if you've been looking for a new show, it will be up very soon. Thanks for your patience!
Old 12-24-01, 08:32 AM

I just tried to go to your site and got the infamous "The page cannot be displayed"
Old 12-24-01, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

DAMMIT!

Try just going to www.hitekradio.com and click on "Erik's Metal Shop home." When I couldn't go to my page as bookmarked I tried that and it worked. After that the bookmark worked again.

We'll get this straightened out. It WAS working perfectly last night. We may just get a new dsl provider (even with just a dsl line we can handle up to 1,000 hits at a time) to solve the problem.
Old 12-24-01, 03:21 PM

ok it worked when I did it that way.
Old 12-24-01, 06:44 PM
Banned

Please make sure the new Helloween is downloadable.
Old 12-24-01, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
I'll have to check it out...
Old 12-29-01, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

About Freakin' Time! (Metal and Hard Rock...)

IT'S UP!

Show #21 of Erik's Metal Shop is up now on www.hitekradio.com (or http://www.hitekradio.com/erikshop.htm ).

It's been a long gap in between shows (as I detailed on a previous thread) but that shouldn't happen again.

I've got some really interesting (and GOOD) stuff on the show, including stuff from the last Helloween album (not released in the U.S.), something from Blaze's Silicon Messiah album (not released in the U.S.), a classic Gary Moore track, a song from Sun Red Sun (featuring Ray Gillen, Bobby Rondinelli, Mike Starr, and Al Romano), a great AC/DC album cut, and some big surprises!

As usual - this is a non-commercial, non-profit show by a fan, for the fans of a great genre that doesn't get much airplay these days. The production values, however, ARE professional, and rate up with ANYTHING on the internet (better than most).

Check it out - let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Old 01-01-02, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I always find it interesting that I get about 1,000 hits per show, and yet get very little response on bulletin boards - but what I do get is almost universally positive. (Constructive criticism is always welcomed - CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. )

I do get some e-mails, and I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-02, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks again Erik
Old 01-04-02, 01:03 AM

I look forward to checking out the show. It might be a while. I bought a new computer with Windows XP and of course my DSL modem wasn't compatible. As soon as I get broadband back, I'm there!

BTW, do you play any Norwiegian Black Metal on your show?
Old 01-04-02, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Norwegian Black Metal?

Hmmmmm....

There are Norwegian Black Metal bands?

Seriously, though, I keep it pretty much to what I call "Heavy Metal with class." Metal and Hard Rock where there are good vocals, great riffs, and solid melodies. I do play some of the HEAVY stuff, though, like Pantera, Megadeth, Iced Earth, etc.

I try to mix it up somewhat.

I'm always open to suggestions, though. And if you have any requests/suggestions on a specific band or song let me know - if I've got it and it fits the show I'll play it.
Old 01-06-02, 03:17 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by B5Erik
I try to mix it up somewhat. I'm always open to suggestions, though [....] and if you have any requests/suggestions on a specific band or song let me know - if I've got it and it fits the show I'll play it.
OK, bearing this in mind:
Originally posted by B5Erik - on another thread
How could I forget about the "Reunion" live CD?
.... how about a Sabbath-themed edition?

You could include a very good live performance of a special/rare track from each and every vocalist. Then you fill with some album tracks from as many solo offshoots as possible. As well as the Ward, Iommi, Ozzie and Butler solo stuff include post-Sabbath Dio, Gillan, Gillen, Hughes, Martin; perhaps also Rob Halford as he sang those couple of nights. (You needn't bother with Dave Walker, Dave Donato or Jeff Fenholt and various "guest" performers from albums likewise can be ignored, I think )

Obviously you have a choice of two post-Sabbath times for Dio and Martin altho' I think you said you'd neglected to pick up that first Martin solo album Martin

I think that with all the choice - assuming it can be gathered together - you would get a varied and interesting show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.