DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   New Korn Album (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/192052-new-korn-album.html)

TaTTooD 03-14-02 05:35 PM

New Korn Album

Not sure how many Korn fans are on the forum here, but a release date for their 5th album, Untouchables, is 6-11-02. Delay after delay......this is some great news and I'm really looking forward to this disc and another tour. :D

http://www.korn.com/

Goat3001 03-14-02 10:07 PM

I used to a Korn fan. I loved "Korn" and "Life Is Peachy", but didn't like "Follow the Leader". I didn't mind "Issues" though. I'm really hoping that their new album will go back to their "roots" but I doubt it. I'll still give it a try.

monkeyboy 03-14-02 10:34 PM

great. i've pretty much liked them through all their albums. i enjoy the harder, rawer stuff a bit better. i think 'issues' is probably my least fav, but i still pop in it now and again.

just checked out out their site and the intro screen has a pretty hard, cool guitar riff on it, so hopefully we'll get at least a few heavy ones.

Giles 03-14-02 11:27 PM

I absolutely loved that song of the video with the travelling bullet. I actually bought the UK single of the song that has an absolutely killer drum and bass remix of the song.

KevinSmithIsGod 03-15-02 01:28 AM

I use to really like Korn..but I think their time has kinda past.
I love the 1st album, dont like Life is peachy, love follow the leader and thought Issues was a snoozer..

I will give it a fair listen and then buy it if its good..

MJKTool 03-15-02 02:20 AM

I guess im in the minority, I really liked Issues. cant wait for the new cd :up:

SnoopDogg 03-15-02 02:47 PM

Originally posted by MJKTool
I guess im in the minority, I really liked Issues. cant wait for the new cd :up:
I thought Issuses was really good as well.

woofman 03-15-02 07:19 PM

Yeah, loved the first album, and saw them tons on the first tour(s). Hope this album is heavy and less rap/rock oriented. We have more than enough of that to go around.

Pillowhead 03-15-02 08:28 PM

They played the new single on the radio today. It's pretty good, different and not as hard but it's still better than some of the crap on the radio today. Jonathan's voice gets all girly on this one in parts.

BTW my radio station is 98kupd

Pillowhead 03-17-02 02:44 PM

I just downloaded the album from a galaxy far far away. It's ok.

CKMorpheus 03-17-02 09:51 PM

Count me in as one of the few that actually liked Issues. And I just downloaded Untouchables, and it is definately awesome. Much harder than Issues. If you want the album, e-mail me or IM me at RequiemInADream

TaTTooD 03-18-02 12:56 PM

Thanks CK :thumbsup:

definitely a badass album :D

Lateralus 03-18-02 01:31 PM

Issues was a great album one of my favorite, the new song "Here to stay" sounds pretty good. :up:

Now if I can only get my hands on the new Rush Single.

Mafia81RCV 03-18-02 09:27 PM

Originally posted by KevinSmithIsGod
I use to really like Korn..but I think their time has kinda past.
I love the 1st album, dont like Life is peachy, love follow the leader and thought Issues was a snoozer..

I will give it a fair listen and then buy it if its good..

Exactly my sentiments. Album #1=Awesome and inventive, #2=suck, #3=great and commercially successful even, #4=selling out to the junior high rock/rap/WWF crowd.

TaTTooD 03-19-02 10:54 AM

Originally posted by Mafia81RCV
Exactly my sentiments. Album #1=Awesome and inventive, #2=suck, #3=great and commercially successful even, #4=selling out to the junior high rock/rap/WWF crowd.

Follow the Leader had a lot more rap than Issues did. How is it that a band sells out when they've created a genre in music and with each album comes a new sound and progression? :confused:

Lateralus 03-21-02 10:26 AM

If your interested, Korn tour dates:

Here's the tour itinerary so far:

6/20 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
6/21 - Hartford, CT
6/23 - New York, NY
6/26 - Toronto, ON
6/27 - Montreal, QC
6/29 - Pittsburgh, PA
6/30 - Cleveland, OH
7/2 - Grand Rapids, MI
7/3 - Detroit, MI
7/5 - Chicago, IL
7/8 - Peoria, IL
7/9 - Lexington, KY
7/11 - Indianapolis, IN
7/12 - Columbus, OH
7/13 - Dayton, OH

seeyouauntie 03-21-02 12:04 PM

Originally posted by Goat3001
I used to a Korn fan. I loved "Korn" and "Life Is Peachy", but didn't like "Follow the Leader". I didn't mind "Issues" though. I'm really hoping that their new album will go back to their "roots" but I doubt it. I'll still give it a try.
Ditto. Although I still own everything they have put out including All Mixed Up and the UK FTL discs. I can't get rid of Issues no matter how hard I try!

I liked FTL when it came out but i retrospect I hate it. I think its because it came out when I turned 16 and got a car and it was my first "car music". They played two songs from Issues at Woodstock and they ddin't sound bad, but what happened was they severely changed them when they recorded the album. Bleh.

db27 04-15-02 11:53 AM

Just downloaded the album, listening right now. Very Kornish, but very not Kornish as well. JD has really done some weird vocal stuff this time, occasionally way to "girly" for me, very high. I'll post later with more tuned impressions.

seems early to already be "leaked" but who cares!

Ergyu 04-15-02 12:04 PM

The new album is pretty dissapointing in my opinion. I mean, with the time it took for them to record it, delay it, and eventually release it (soon) it should have been better. The music is ok, and it isn't driven as much by bass as the previous albums, but Jonathon is beginning to recycle his lyrics and titles (many of the titles resemble lines from previous songs.) Ohwell.

grunter 04-15-02 12:21 PM

I see that 7/5 Chicago date listed above.

Anyone have a clue when those tix go on sale?

That weekend is going to be serious geek-fest.

Wizard World by day. Korn by night. :D

TaTTooD 04-15-02 01:37 PM

Originally posted by grunter
I see that 7/5 Chicago date listed above.

Anyone have a clue when those tix go on sale?

Chicago doesnt have a date yet as far as when tickets go on sale but two other shows have their starting in the middle of May so it will probably be around then. As far as I know they havent even confirmed the Chicago venue but it will likely be All-State.

grunter 04-15-02 04:13 PM

Originally posted by TaTTooD

Chicago doesnt have a date yet as far as when tickets go on sale but two other shows have their starting in the middle of May so it will probably be around then. As far as I know they havent even confirmed the Chicago venue but it will likely be All-State.

Let's hope and pray that it's All State, since (a) it's literally just a couple miles away from the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center where Wizard World is taking place and (b) Tweeter Center is probably the worst outdoor arena in the country to see live music (not to mention several hours away via Chicago gridlock).

mdc3000 04-15-02 05:32 PM

to those that have heard the album...how does it compare to "Here to Stay"... because i'm not the biggest Korn fan, but Here to Stay is kicking my ass all over the place, that song is great...

MATT

TaTTooD 04-22-02 08:32 AM

There is a pre-sale today for the following Korn shows:

Chicago, IL 07-05-02
Montreal, QC 06-27-02
Toronto, ON 06-26-02
New York, NY 06-23-02
Hartford, CT 06-21-02

unfortunately you have to be a member of Korn Kamp which costs $15 a year :mad: more info on that here: www.korn.com

Thunderball 04-22-02 09:33 AM

I'm sort of worried about this album. On one hand, it gives one of my "old favorites" a new album. On the other hand, it could sound as bad as Issues.

I personally the loved the first two albums, thought the 3rd was ok, and downright hated the 4th one.

Here's to hoping.