Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-02, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feel free to discuss the merits of this album (which I think is excellent, by the way), but that's not what this topic is about.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who thinks the original version of this CD is better than the limited edition.

Granted, the LE copy has more provactive cover art (the two girls are actually kissing), a great extra song, Suspended in Dusk, and longer remixes of the two best songs on the album, Christian Woman and Black No. 1.

However, the LE copy comes in a cardboard jewelcase (strike number 1), but worst of all, the songs are completely reordered, destroying the timeline of the original. The original, in my mind, tells a story. A story of a woman "corrupted" and who goes out in search of hedonistic pleasure and finds a mate. They experience love, and drift into depression culminating in a Romeo and Juilet suicide and then a reunion and remorse. Very deep, very powerful, very moving. And, the limited edition throws this away for the sake of an extra track (though a very cool one) that doesn't fit with the "concept" and two extended remixes? Not to mention, many tracks on the original don't appear at all on the LE version.

To me, this is one limited edition that should remain limited. Ghastly.

Last edited by einTier; 03-06-02 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-05-02, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
This album was a major change for them compared to Slow deep and Hard. Probably one of my favorite albums.
Old 03-05-02, 10:58 PM

I think the LE was released with a video with the "Black No.1" and Christian Woman" videos. then they just cut the video out of the package. I never own the LE, mainly for the reasons you just listed.
Old 03-05-02, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
is this the one with "Summer Breeze"?
Old 03-06-02, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Giantrobo
is this the one with "Summer Breeze"?
Yes. And, nice to see the LE isn't limited at all, you can buy it at cdnow for a measly $1.00 more. Though, why you'd want to is beyond me.
Old 03-06-02, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the LE did, indeed come with a video (at first) which is why I bought it. I've never listened to it in the original version's order, although I'm tempted to shuffle it around and burn a second version, b/c the songs do seem a little disjointed on the LE.

regardless, it's a great album