DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   The One and Only Coachella Musical Festival Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/187306-one-only-coachella-musical-festival-thread.html)

DodgingCars 02-26-02 10:56 AM

Gdrlv 02-26-02 10:58 AM

Damn, great lineup...may just have to drive to SoCal for a few days...

BDB 02-26-02 11:20 AM

It sure is some lineup okay, a very wide variety of people.
I have never been to a festival, and don't know if I would be up to if for 5 songs from each act kind of thing.

I am guessing there will be more than 1 stage.

Gdrlv 02-26-02 06:32 PM

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy

I am guessing there will be more than 1 stage.

Have never been to a Coachella festival, but from what I understand, there are numerous stages...I think 4 or 5.

Personally, looking very forward to Galactic, Chemical Brothers, Groove Armada, Pete Yorn, J5, Beta Band, G. Love, Int'l Noise Conspiracy, Z-Trip, Pharcyde, Ozomatli, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Triple Threat DJs, Cut Chemist, and Sound Tribe Sector 9...all of whom are some of my favorite artists. Hoping Galactic gets a loooong set.

Jackskeleton 02-27-02 05:32 AM

Coachella 2002 line up

http://www.goldenvoice.com/coachella/coachellaline.jpg

:jawdrop:
Wow. now thats a line up. I went to the first one, it was pretty unorginized, and very crude in its basics. didn't go to the second one simply because one day wasn't worth the drive. but this looks very nice.

if any day, I would much rather go first night... BJORK!! :D

well the info. Indio California, a bit past palm springs. hot as all screw (not to bad in apirl compared to august) tickets go on sale this saturday. Very nice line up.

so who's going? I will see if tickets are still around once I get back from my trip. something I wouldn't want to miss.

Deftones 02-27-02 08:56 AM

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=187306

Blade 02-27-02 01:28 PM

I merged the threads.

MJKTool 02-27-02 03:46 PM

Originally posted by Gdrlv

Have never been to a Coachella festival, but from what I understand, there are numerous stages...I think 4 or 5.

When I went in '99 they had a few main stages, but mainly many big ass tents where the DJ's played.

Giles 02-28-02 09:22 AM

although I would love to see Bjork, and hear new material from the new forthcoming Prodigy album, I think I am going to save my money and wait to hear the lineups for T in the Park (Scotland), V2002 and Carling Weekend Music festivals in the UK, rumor has it that Radiohead might headline one of the latter two fests and since the Virginia Radiohead show last year got cancelled due to a monsoon I am owed a show from them, even if it means going over to the UK to see them.

Jackskeleton 03-07-02 08:50 PM

in the last 2 coachella events tickets didn't sell out intill the last possible moment since the drive out and all factor in for small minded folks.. any word on the selling of the tickets? I haven't gotten mine yet, but I sure as hell wanna be there

monkeyboy 03-08-02 12:40 PM

some friends of mine are working on th stage crew, so i'll be getting in backstage for free. if i don't have to work, that it. saturday looks like THE day to go. sunday looks ok.

slop101 03-08-02 03:22 PM

Originally posted by monkeyboy
some friends of mine are working on th stage crew, so i'll be getting in backstage for free. if i don't have to work, that it. saturday looks like THE day to go. sunday looks ok.
Wow, really?

I think Sunday looks much better - mostly 'cause of Foo Fighters.

D.Pham5GLTE (>60GB) 03-09-02 04:38 PM

Jack Johnson!

Jehan 03-09-02 08:54 PM

Impressive lineup.

monkeyboy 03-11-02 06:09 PM

Originally posted by slop101

Wow, really?

I think Sunday looks much better - mostly 'cause of Foo Fighters.

i don't like oasis, the foo fighters, prodigy, or the strokes, so sunday's not looking too great.

chemical brothers, siouxsie, krs-one, g-love, jurrassic 5, charlatans, folk implosion, queens of the stone age.... saturday is just a little more my style, i guess.

MJKTool 04-26-02 01:05 PM

....so is anyone else gonna be going this weekend. I am and cant wait to see Paul Oakenfold Sunday :up:

Jackskeleton 02-19-03 02:02 AM

Coachella Valley Music & Arts fest.. apirl 26/27

The 4th Annual Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival comes back to the Empire Polo Fields in Indio April 26 & 27. A two-day festival with more than 30 cutting edge bands and DJs, including:
Beastie Boys
Red Hot Chili Peppers
White Stripes
Queens Of The Stone Age
Jack Johnson
Underworld
N*E*R*D
The Donnas
Hot Hot Heat
Ben Harper
Groove Armada
Johnny Marr
Ben Folds
and suppose to be more announced…

Tickets go on sale Saturday at 10am at Ticketmaster and ticketmaster.com.

http://www.goldenvoice.com/coachella/

Giles 02-19-03 08:35 AM

oh hum, I think I need to see who else is going to get included, only Groove Armada, White Stripes, Ben Folds and Underworld are getting my interest at the moment. I hope Groove and Underworld add some additional US dates than just this...

some additional bands, dj's are denoted here as well

Coachella

Metrodub 02-19-03 10:57 AM

Badly Drawn Boy
Beastie Boys
Ben Harper
Groove Armada
Hot Hot Heat
Idlewild
Ladytron
N.E.R.D
Queens Of The Stone Age
Talib Kweli
The Donnas
The Mooney Suzuki
Ben Folds
Black Eyed Peas
Dirty Vegas
G. Love & Special Sauce
Johnny Marr & The Healers
Rjd2
Sonic Youth
The Mars Volta
The Soundtrack Of Our Lives
The White Stripes
Thievery Corporation
Underworld

That's who I'd want to see....

Hmm...fly out West for a great show or go to Atlantic City (planned event), West or East, West or East....tough one.

Jackskeleton 01-19-04 02:31 AM

COACHELLA festival gots my attention.

http://www.nme.co.uk/news/107239.htm

HERE COME YOUR MEN (AND WOMAN)!

PIXIES are to reunite for this year's COACHELLA festival in the US.

The indie rock legends will headline the bash alongside Radiohead and Kraftwerk.

All three bands will headline the first day of the festival, which takes place at Empire Polo Field, Indio, California on May 1/2. Organisers are still finalising contracts with dozens of other bands, including headliners for the festival's second day.

The news is the first official confirmation of the Pixies much-anticipated reunion following their split in 1993. Speculation has been rife for months now that the band would be playing shows in 2004, although no dates beyond Coachella have been confirmed yet, though more shows in the US and UK are strongly rumoured to be taking place later in the year.

What is definite is that the band's former label 4AD are to release a 'best of' album and DVD sometime this year. The DVD will feature eight Pixies videos, a 1988 concert taped at London's Town And Country Club and the documentary 'Gouge', which features interviews with Radiohead's Thom Yorke, David Bowie and Bono.

ooooh man, may 1st can't come soon enough.

then again, May 2nd isn't turning out bad either...

Headlining performances from Radiohead on Saturday and The Cure on Sunday
plus performances from more than 60 acts including
The Pixies, Kraftwerk and The Flaming Lips

:drool:

B.A. 01-19-04 11:42 AM

If you go, Jack, you are the suck. ;)

dvduser6 01-19-04 01:17 PM

Now if Van Halen can patch things up with David Lee Roth instead of Sammy, the universe will almost be back in proper alignment...

Gdrlv 01-19-04 01:28 PM

Radiohead, the Pixies, the Cure, the Flaming Lips? Damn, I think I'll be going to Indio this year...

Gdrlv 01-19-04 10:37 PM

Saw this on another forum...

Coachella Lineup

Confirmed
Saturday
Radiohead [Urb/MTV]
The Pixies [Urb/MTV]
Kraftwerk [MTV]
Electric Six [Pollstar]
LCD Soundsystem [Billions]
Sahara Hotnights [Pollstar]
The (International) Noise Conspiracy [Pollstar]

Sunday
The Cure [Band's Official Website]
The Thrills [Pollstar]
Prefuse 73 [Pollstar]
Sidestepper [Pollstar]
T. Raumschmiere [Pollstar]
Date Unknown
Flaming Lips [The Cure's Official Website]
Air [Billboard]
Death Cab for Cutie [Pitchfork]
The Sleepy Jackson [Astralwerks]
The Crystal Method [The Press-Enterprise]
Basement Jaxx [The Press-Enterprise]
Moving Units [Band Message Board]

Strongly Rumored
(Band names that just keep coming up)
Broken Social Scene (rumored for Sunday)
The Stills
Outkast
Chemical Brothers (tip via email)
Wow, amazing lineup so far...

fallow 01-19-04 11:07 PM

Ugh, why doesn't DC do anything this cool?! The Pixies, LCD Soundsystem, The Cure, AND Basement Jaxx -not to mention the other bands that I would like- at one festival. That aint right.