Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Radiohead Live EP / album news & reviews

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Radiohead Live EP / album news & reviews

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-01, 04:09 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Radiohead "Live" EP (album?) upcoming release question

I saw an advert somewhere that another EP or single from Radiohead is coming out in the next month or two with "live" cuts, anyone have any info on what songs are on this release?
Old 10-02-01, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 The National Anthem
02 I Might Be Wrong
03 Morning Bell
04 Like Spinning Plates
05 Idioteque
06 Everything in Its Right Place
07 Dollars and Cents
08 True Love Waits

It will be released November 13.
Old 10-03-01, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, pretty much all the rare cuts you can't hear other then at the shows... and on mp3 format.
Old 10-03-01, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

BEWARE, when it comes to supporting this so-called EP because they are pricing it as an actual LP.

It's kinda like Bjork's "Dancer in the Dark" deal where you get a handful of songs and pay a ridiculous price for it.

I love Radiohead and all.

But I'll stick with my mp3's of the full shows over this junk.

I would have purchased it if it were priced as what it is, an EP.
Old 10-03-01, 05:46 PM

Since it includes two of my favorite Radiohead songs (Like Spinning Plates & Everything In Its Right Place), I'll definitely be buying it!
Old 10-03-01, 07:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by codefree
Since it includes two of my favorite Radiohead songs (Like Spinning Plates & Everything In Its Right Place), I'll definitely be buying it!
Me too. Everything in its right place is my favorite cut from Kid A.
Old 10-06-01, 01:19 PM

Optimistic is my fav. off of Kid A.But,it's not on there.
Old 11-14-01, 08:34 AM

Radiohead - live album - thoughts

The entire album was played on the radio about a week ago, caught the last four songs. I for one was not that impressed couldnt they have picked a better performance where Thom could sing each note. Thom has a great voice best exemplified on "The Bends" album, here it seems stuck on monatony. I like Radiohead alot and I wish someone had filmed and/or recorded a better performance from there most recent tour - my fingers are crossed that maybe a DVD of an entire show might happen in the near future.
Old 11-14-01, 09:21 AM

Just listen to " Spinning Plates" from this album. Thoms voice sounds amazing. I heard rumours of a live DVD from the Gorge show in Washington.
Old 11-14-01, 11:53 AM

I think the album is amazing. The versions of the songs are better than the studio ones. Like Spinning Plates is a completely different song. I might be wrong and The National Anthem have great raw energy to them. True Love Waits is absolutely beautiful.
Old 11-14-01, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was eyeing this release in Best Buy yesterday and while I was interested, I wasn't sold based on the fact that there NO tunes from OK Computer (by far their best output to date) or anything earlier. I know that the last two releases (Amnesiac and ???) which I already have were more "experimental" and did not pull me in nearly as much as the earlier stuff. Pass....for now. Can anyone else here convince me otherwise?
Old 12-22-01, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Radiohead --- I might be wrong Live Recordings -- Review

I just purchased the new Radiohead live album, and let me tell you what this album kicks ass! There are only a few groups that I would even consider buying live albums from, Rush and Radiohead are probably the only two. I did not even know this album was coming out, I just happened to see it listed on CDNow. The track listings are as follows:

The National Anthem
I might be wrong
Morning bell
Like spinning plates
Idioteque
Everything in its right place
Dollars and cents
True love waits

The majority of the album is from Kid A and Amnesiac. My favorites included: The National Anthem, Morning Bell, Idioteque, Everything in its right place and True love waits. The majority of my favorite songs are off Kid A. I especially like True love waits; I have never heard that song until I bought this album, the acoustical song is a great ending to the album. The only drawback that I can see from this album is that they don’t put anything on from before Kid A. There are a TON of good songs from OK Computer and The Bends that they could have added to this album but did not. A single Live album does not do this group justice a double album would have been awesome! But all in all this was the best $10.00 dollars I ever spent, do yourself a favor and go get this album!
Old 12-22-01, 04:37 PM
Banned

The live album is great but a little short. Like Spinning Plates is awesome, I hated the song on Amnesiac but on the live album, it sounds beautiful. Also Everything in its right place is a mild disappointment. I love the song but live it sounds not nearly as good. Idioteque, Like Spinning Plates, and True love waits are the best songs on the cd IMO.
Old 12-22-01, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Like Spinning Plates is one of the best live versions I have heard. I have liked other versions of tlw's a little more than this but it works well where it is placed in the album. Very good overall but WAY too short.