Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

How to download Audiogalaxy songs with a red X

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-01, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really works!

How to get blocked songs

'Blocking' is AudioGalaxy's attempt at stopping you from downloading copyright material by not allowing the entry to be added to your transfer queue list. However, If you are able to get a song into your queue then it is safe & will download even if the song is blocked or AudioGalaxy block the song at a later date.

The technique therefore is to send the blocked song to yourself to a group which only you and your second username are members. Even then, normally you can't send a blocked song so this is where the trick comes in!

Once only setup

Create a new group

Run the satellite program > Choose FILE then CHANGE USER > Create a new user > Login in as the new user

Join the new group you created using this second user name

Logout and then login using your original username

Admit your second user to your new group. Now you have a group with just yourself & yourself as members!

Make a note of your new group number. This can be found in the url when you visit the grouphttp://www.audiogalaxy.com/groups/group.php?&gID=group_number_is_here

Sending blocked songs

When you wish to download some blocked songs it is best to login as your new second user, that way you will be sending them to your original user which you can log back into to retrieve the downloads.

Click the title of the blocked song you wish to send. Make a note of it's song numberhttp://www.audiogalaxy.com/list/song.php?&g=song_number_is_here

Enterhttp://www.audiogalaxy.com/groups/sendSongToGroup.php?&gID=&g= as the url address in your browser

Press SEND button

When you have chosen all your songs you wish to download log back in as your other user to retrieve the blocked songs.
Old 12-10-01, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
This is a lot of work...why not just use Morpheous (sp?)

I guess this is good if you can't find the song anywhere else though
Old 12-10-01, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
usually if you just search using just the song name or just the artist name you can find a version that isn't blocked
Old 12-10-01, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yes, you can do that for big songs, same way that you can use morpheus to download popular songs, but audiogalaxy also has far more obscure songs on it. Someday you will search for a song that you haven't been able to find and there will be one copy of it on audiogalaxy, but egads, it's blocked. Then, you will thank me
Old 12-10-01, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I'll remember, and if I use that trick, I will return to offer thanks

Originally posted by RoQuEr
yes, you can do that for big songs, same way that you can use morpheus to download popular songs, but audiogalaxy also has far more obscure songs on it. Someday you will search for a song that you haven't been able to find and there will be one copy of it on audiogalaxy, but egads, it's blocked. Then, you will thank me
Old 12-10-01, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Napster -------> Audiogalaxy --------> Morpheus
Old 12-18-01, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i support audio galaxy & morpheus actively but my only complaint towards the latter is that you can't find mp3s encoded 160 & higher - now is there a trick around that ?
Old 12-22-01, 07:22 PM
Banned

You should all give WinMX a shot. My fave by far.
Old 12-24-01, 09:51 AM
Banned

Originally posted by monkey
You should all give WinMX a shot. My fave by far.
IMO, WinMx is the worst of the three. All you ever see is queued queued queued queued queued queued
Even though the is nothing inside the queque, it still quequed
The worst part is if you're next in line to download and someone cuts in, you're bumped down the ladder. And if 20 people decided to download the same file you're trying to, guess what, you started from number 1 to 21. Chances are you, may never see your download file.

I'm getting bump down right now as I'm typing this.

Last edited by Myster X; 12-24-01 at 09:54 AM.