Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

P.o.d: Satellite

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-01, 07:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P.o.d: Satellite

i just got the cd, and it kix major @ss!! the best song is YOUTH OF THE NATION. that has ot be one of my favorite songs now (along w/ system of a down: chop suey and anything by metallica, more specific fade to black and unforgiven)!! i love this cd!!
Old 12-06-01, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
the only song i know by them is alive (played on the raido 24-7 here). how do the other songs on the cd compare? as good? better? same style/level of hardness, etc? curious.
Old 12-06-01, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is band I am surprised made it to fame. I mean, I knew they were good but I never expected them to bust through. I often wonder how many of their fans know their extreme devotion and all that. Payable on Death.
Old 12-07-01, 03:28 PM
Banned

the whole cd is nice!!like i already said YOUTH OF THE NATION is one of my favorite songs, i love it so much! and the title track (satellite) kix major @ss and THE MESSENJAH is bad *** to, i like all the songs on it.! and honestly i didnt know that POD stood for PAYABLE ON DEATH until i looiked at the back and saw their website. i just figured it was a kew name!! 3 letters!! still, gr8 cd!!
Old 12-07-01, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK dude THANKS for the GREAT info. THIS REVIEW kicked MAJOR @$$!!!
Old 12-08-01, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I heard this album at the end of the summer and I will admit (not being a fan of hard rock much anymore) that it's a pretty sweet record.

It's not the same sounding at all.......and basically the whole thing is good.

It's got bits of reggae, hiphop, metal, light rock and the like.

strangley they picked Youth of the Nation for a single ........which in my opinion is one of the corniest songs on the album. just the chorus reeks of........blaaah.

anyhoo, they are a Christian band......complete with tatoos and a background check that implies "i was real bad.........so now i found God and make death Christian metal".

GOOD ALBUM though. maybe they'll go on tour with DC Talk and Jars of Clay. =
Old 12-08-01, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey

GOOD ALBUM though. maybe they'll go on tour with DC Talk and Jars of Clay. =
I know that's just a joke, but I hope they will tour with either Project 86, Blindside, or Living Sacrifice. That would be a pretty great tour.