Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Wilco: Yankee Hotel Foxtrot news

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 12-01-01, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the print edition of the Chicago Tribune, rock critic Greg Kot reports that Wilco has found a label to release their latest album:

Nonesuch Records, A New York label with a respected roster that includes performance artist Laurie Anderson, classical composer Philip Glass and singer-songwriters Emmylou Harris and Sam Phillips, will announce next week that it has signed the Chicago quartet. Details of the deal were unavailable, but a label representative says it plans to release "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" by April.
That's just a segment from the story. I would provide a link, but the Tribune's website makes it very difficult to track down a story in reference to the print edition. Regardless, this is good news. I look forward to getting the album properly.

Edited to add Chicago Sun-Times article. It's just a blurb, but it states the same things, specifically that the deal has not been formally announced yet.

Last edited by sundog; 12-01-01 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-02-01, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome. I knew someone would have to be smart enough to do it!
Old 12-03-01, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems like a strange fit for the band. They are nowhere near as adventurous as Phillip Glass or Ryukiathu Siamontio (or however you spell his name). I'd be curious to see what kind of deal they got. Of course they have creative freedom, but nonesuch doesn't have distribution near as good as Reprise. So it might be a trade-off.

Apparently the documentary will be coming out on DVD fairly soon. Check out www.wilcofilm.com (but only in a Netscape browser) for more info.