DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Question for anyone who's seen the 'U2-Elevation 2001' Tour: (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/158176-question-anyone-whos-seen-u2-elevation-2001-tour.html)

Keyser Soze 11-12-01 02:08 PM

Question for anyone who's seen the 'U2-Elevation 2001' Tour:

How long is their set?

When you seen them was it <B>2 hours</B>, or less?

I'm trying to figure out how many DAT tapes I'll need to record the show.

Thanks in advance,

-k
###

minifigg 11-12-01 02:10 PM

Ah. I was thinking you were gonna ask if they covered "Smooth Operator".
;)
mini
PS: Isn't recording concerts illegal??? -eek-

Keyser Soze 11-12-01 02:12 PM

Originally posted by minifigg
Ah. I was thinking you were gonna ask if they covered "Smooth Operator".
;)
mini
PS: Isn't recording concerts illegal??? -eek-

No, no, no.... but I hear that Bono belts out a killer cover of "No ordinary Love!"

And, it's only illegal if you get caught... keyser has a long history of 'not getting caught'. ;)

-ptth-

-k
###

minifigg 11-12-01 02:14 PM

Originally posted by Keyser Soze

No, no, no.... but I hear that Bono belts out a killer cover of "No ordinary Love!"

And, it's only illegal if you get caught... keyser has a long history of 'not getting caught'. ;)

-ptth-

-k
###

Then maybe when you "Don't Get Caught" this time, you could send me a copy on CD???
hint, hint
mini

crankyman 11-12-01 02:16 PM

u2 does not discourge the recording of their shows. but their promoters and record do, i'm sure.

i've never been to a u2 show that didn't last less than 2 hours. so i'd plan on 2 1/2 to be safe.

btw...they are going to air a show from the elevation tour on tv during the thanksgiving weekend. i'm soooo looking forward to that since i can't afford 85 bucks for a ticket....

cranky.

broadwayblue 11-12-01 02:17 PM

i think it was right at the two hour mark. maybe a few minutes over. both shows i saw started between 9:15 and 9:30 and ended at about 11:30. the last show was a little longer because they brought NYPD and NYFD members onstage and played an extra encore number.

Keyser Soze 11-12-01 02:18 PM

Originally posted by minifigg

Then maybe when you "Don't Get Caught" this time, you could send me a copy on CD???
hint, hint
mini

Then you'd have to give me your name and address, and I know how much you wouldn't want to do that now.

:D

-keyser "I WILL have it DAT'd, on CDrs, and on eBay by next monday!" soze
###

Selling it on eBay is 'legal' too, didn't ya' know that! :lol:

pantala 11-12-01 02:19 PM

I've got a video from their recent Chicago show in October and it is 1h49m. I'd be careful and bring one more tape than needed.

Keyser Soze 11-12-01 02:21 PM

Originally posted by broadwayblue
i think it was right at the two hour mark. maybe a few minutes over. both shows i saw started between 9:15 and 9:30 and ended at about 11:30. the last show was a little longer because they brought NYPD and NYFD members onstage and played an extra encore number.
Thanks for the info.. that means I'll need to take in 3 DAT tapes. I'm recording 'No Doubt' opening too!

:thumbsup:

-k
###

Y2K Falcon 11-12-01 02:31 PM

Was speaking to someone at the Austin show about a week ago. 1hr 15min for main set, then 2 encores at about 15 mins each. She stated the encores were obviously planned because:
Spoiler:
the second encore included a tribute to 9/11 that obviously would not have been left off if the crowd hadn't been loud enough to bring them back after the first encore.

She thought it would be "longer" (sound familiar?) and was a little upset at the length, given the ticket price.

indianajdp 11-12-01 03:11 PM

Originally posted by broadwayblue
Yup. The Notre Dame show was exactly 120 minutes.
Also, the CD I have from the Indy show in May was just under two hours so I'll echo the sentiments of those that have given you that timeframe.