Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Corgan reunites with Pumpkins drummer in new band

Old 11-03-01, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Corgan reunites with Pumpkins drummer in new band

From Yahoo News!

LOS ANGELES(Reuters) - Less than a year after the Smashing Pumpkins broke up, the Chicago rock group's frontman, Billy Corgan, has reemerged with a new band.

Zwan is the name of his new combo, which also features former Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin, said Corgan's publicist, Annie Ohayon. Also in the lineup are Matthew Sweeney, former singer/guitarist with New York indie rock band Chavez, and a bass player identified as ``Skullfisher.''

Ohayon said she did not know the identity of Skullfisher and that details about the project were still vague.

However she confirmed that Zwan will play three small club dates in the Los Angeles area and one in San Diego later this month, as listed on Pollstar.com (http://www.pollstar.com).

The Smashing Pumpkins played their final show at Chicago's Metro theater last Dec. 2, an emotional four-hour event that saw Corgan leave the stage in tears. Since then, he has adopted a low profile, apart from a brief stint as a tour guitarist for British rock band New Order.

The Pumpkins' Virgin Records label is preparing to release a greatest-hits package, ``Rotten Apples,'' on Nov. 20. The album will also be available in a two-CD configuration containing a disc of B-sides called ``Judas O.''

Reuters/Variety
Old 11-03-01, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Odd that of all of the people in Smashing Pumpkins for him to reunite with, he chooses the drummer.

Isn't this the same drummer that was kicked out for giving the keyboardist some lethal heroin?

I remember reading that he didn't really think that the other people in the band were good musicians though. I think it said something about him re-recording a lot of the music on Siamese Dream with him playing it. I guess he really liked the drummer though.
Old 11-13-01, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I got annoyed at billy when he started talking shyte about Trent(nin), Tori, Nirvana(at the time kurt was long dead ) and other "grunge" artist that started a new sound and as billy said it "couldn't deliver" SP's new album after that didn't do to well.. and i guess he realized... he's attempt couldnt deliever aswell.
Old 11-13-01, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

www.zwan.com

and James (Iha) and Melissa auf der Maur has started a band called The Virgins.
Old 11-13-01, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I got annoyed at billy when he started talking shyte about Trent(nin), Tori, Nirvana(at the time kurt was long dead ) and other "grunge" artist that started a new sound and as billy said it "couldn't deliver" SP's new album after that didn't do to well.. and i guess he realized... he's attempt couldnt deliever aswell.
Actually, Trent was talking smack about Billy LONG before Billy said anything. Why? Ask Courtney Love. As for Tori, I've never heard of him having any animosity toward her - why should he? As for Nirvana, well, he's right about that one.