DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   What is your Favorite song or group right now? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/146639-what-your-favorite-song-group-right-now.html)

gcribbs 09-30-01 10:59 PM

What is your Favorite song or group right now?

So lets start talking music :)

Right now I am still into Linkin Park however i really like the new Butthole Surfer song :) Can we say that group's name here??

TaTTooD 09-30-01 11:09 PM

Adema

djtoell 10-01-01 12:18 AM

CDs currently in heavy rotation:

Firewater - Psychopharmacology
Curve - Gift
Foetus - Flow
Chocolate Genius - Godmusic

DJ

Penny Lane 10-01-01 12:26 AM

Wilco, baby. ;)

Lokimok 10-01-01 12:33 AM

I am very into the new Bob Dylan album, Love & Theft. When I had only heard a couple of tracks, I wasn't too impressed, but once I heard the whole thing, I thought it was fantastic. & I'm surprised by how funny it is. Certain phrases & moments make me laugh out loud --repeatedly! & I get to see him live in about a month & a half!!!

Dr_Evil 10-01-01 12:33 AM

I've been playing a lot of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes lately. Which reminds me, I need to start a thread.

palebluedot 10-01-01 12:35 AM

Stay Human by Spearhead

It has my vote for album of the year. It is sublime. With so much garbage out there this one shines through with originality.

gregx55 10-01-01 12:46 AM

Been listening to Paul Simon, Billy Joel, and Michelle Branch.

Bcolon 10-01-01 01:08 AM

Fluffy,
Kittie,
and Staind

Numanoid 10-01-01 01:13 AM

Gary Numan, who else? His latest is Pure. Check it out (darkwave - kind of gothy, industrial, but with the usual Numan haunting melodies that you can't shake for months).

BDB 10-01-01 01:16 AM

Manic Street Preachers

awesome welsh band with a conscience, well at least the lead singer has.

they released the latest album in cuba with a concert which cost something like 5 cents entry fee.

also met castro there.

db27 10-01-01 07:56 AM

Stereomud, I recommend anyone who enjoys heavy music to check them out. The band is made of of former members of Life of Agony and Stck Mojo. Corey Lowery (bassist and backup vox) is brother of Clint Lowery of Sevendust and the music bares a similarity to Sevendust, but still manages to have it's own feel. The cd is cheap as well.

Check out the songs, "pain," "old man," "steppin' away," and "leave." If you want a feel for them.

Aghama 10-01-01 09:06 AM

Originally posted by djtoell
Foetus - Flow
Bloody great album. Gash was my first, about 5 years ago, so I'm probably one of 5 people that really like it, despite the questionable mixing. I loved the horns in 'Slung', so 'Heuldoch 7B' is probably my favorite track on Flow.

Blow is OK, though only about 1/3 of the tracks are really good IMO.

Precious 10-01-01 09:40 AM

David Gray - White Ladder.

El Scorcho 10-01-01 11:41 AM

Nickelback - How You Remind Me

djtoell 10-01-01 02:49 PM

Originally posted by Aghama
Bloody great album. Gash was my first, about 5 years ago, so I'm probably one of 5 people that really like it, despite the questionable mixing.
you mean the way he mixed the vocals? JGT claims he tried mixing the songs with stronger vocals, but decided that it didn't work as well. it used to bother me when it first came out, but i've gotten quite used to it over the years. "Hammer Falls" is up there with the best of his stuff.

I loved the horns in 'Slung', so 'Heuldoch 7B' is probably my favorite track on Flow.
it's pretty much all great, but "Someone Who Cares" blows me away in particular. i wish he had performed it during his shows in NYC in the past year.

Blow is OK, though only about 1/3 of the tracks are really good IMO.
the local Virgin Megastore hasn't stocked this yet, so i may have to order it online soon. i look forward to seeing what other people remixing his work is like, although i don't expect it to reach the levels of a standard Foetus release.

DJ

Da Thrilla 10-01-01 03:00 PM

Bubba Sparxxx - Ugly
Jennifer Lopez/Ja Rule - I'm Real (Remix)
Sum 41 - In Too Deep

Nosebleed 10-01-01 04:04 PM

Anti-Flag - 911 For Peace
The Impossibles - Star Slight (At The Drive In cover)
Morning Glory - Extraordinary
Morning Glory - Say Something True

MJKTool 10-01-01 04:06 PM

Tool & Pink Floyd seem to be spinning alot in my cd player these days :)

RJainMJ 10-01-01 04:30 PM

Re: What is your Favorite song or group right now?

Originally posted by gcribbs

Right now I am still into Linkin Park

Me too. I'm hoping they go on a headlining tour sometime soon. Also, been listening to Tool a lot.

hotaru_san 10-01-01 04:42 PM

Strange Little Girls- Tori Amos
TheGoldenHum- Remy Zero
musicforthemorningafter- Pete Yorn

that's all the new stuff I'm listening to right now

Spikedragon 03-02-17 04:08 AM

Scooter - Fuck the Millenium

astrochimp 03-02-17 07:00 AM

Nice Bump - The Spikedragons