Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Hey all you (3 or 4) Wilco fans!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Hey all you (3 or 4) Wilco fans!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-01, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also a comment about Reprise... Kind of ironic that the band parts ways with them having completed a wonderful album in this situation, considering the way the name of the band came about... When UT suddenly disbanded, they were still under contract to make another record for Reprise. So Tweedy went to work (borrowing STL local Brian Henneman from the Bottle Rockets), and named the band 'will comply'.
Old 10-02-01, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by reverb
Cool to see Wilco fans here... I've known Jeff, casually, since the beginning, from Belleville and Cicero's days. Anyone see Coffee Creek?
Oh yeah??? You gonna hook me up?

Just a clarification... California Stars is not a Wilco song. Woody Guthrie wrote it, and Wilco arranged music and recorded it. Though they lay claim to it now I suppose.

Yeah, but I don't see how anyone could be a real Wilco fan and not know this. I do agree with CaptainMarvel, though. Wilco brought the lyrics to life, as they and Billy Bragg did on many of Guthrie's other stuff.
Old 10-02-01, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Penny Lane, the California Stars comment was for those not yet very familiar with Wilco, in consideration of several other folks posts stating it was their fav Wilco song... Just giving proper dues to Woody.

I good little piece:
http://www.thei.aust.com/tssmusic1/wilco.html
Old 10-02-01, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by reverb
Penny Lane, the California Stars comment was for those not yet very familiar with Wilco, in consideration of several other folks posts stating it was their fav Wilco song... Just giving proper dues to Woody.

I good little piece:
http://www.thei.aust.com/tssmusic1/wilco.html
I understand you, haus. Now how come you didn't respond to my other statement? You know you're my best friend now, don't you? I do call myself Penny Lane for a reason!