DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Who's your same-sex crush in Hollywood? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/659198-whos-your-same-sex-crush-hollywood.html)

Kurt D 04-27-24 08:08 PM

Re: Who's your same-sex crush in Hollywood?

^ That color pupil in pretty much any face ... dang

JeffTheAlpaca 04-27-24 08:43 PM

Russell Crowe use to be hot but not anymore :lol:

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...bf530b7fe3.jpg

Daytripper 04-28-24 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ (Post 14417704)
I defy anyone to find a better looking actor than this guy. As If his looks aren’t unfair enough for the rest of us, this beautiful son of a bitch speaks with a British accent too!

I've got this son of a bitch on line #2

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...5abac554b.jpeg

Josh-da-man 04-28-24 03:34 AM

Elvis looked good. I mean, I ain't no ***, but Elvis was prettier than most women, you know? Most women. You know, I always said if I had to fuck a guy -- you know, I mean, had to -- if my life depended on it-- I'd fuck Elvis.

Jaymole 04-28-24 10:03 AM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...42094d41b6.jpg

tommyp007 04-28-24 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jaymole (Post 14419015)

When I chose Clooney, Cary was on my mind as well. To me, he's the CG of our day.

Dan1boy 04-28-24 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 14418990)
Elvis looked good. I mean, I ain't no ***, but Elvis was prettier than most women, you know? Most women. You know, I always said if I had to fuck a guy -- you know, I mean, had to -- if my life depended on it-- I'd fuck Elvis.

Agreed. Especially if played by Val Kilmer 😆

Obi-Wanma 04-28-24 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 14418900)
Reminds me of this. Another guy who after Brooklyn 99 and Palm Springs, I am a big fan of.

https://youtu.be/CI79h2FSnS4?si=SlW2jGJNFl64jasj

Does appearing in this video qualify Pink for this game? Because, yeah.

And I'm assuming this game is like, people that you wish you were. I have never had that experience with a man, which really should have clued me in to my gender a lot earlier than it did.

Decker 04-28-24 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wanma (Post 14419042)
Does appearing in this video qualify Pink for this game? Because, yeah.

And I'm assuming this game is like, people that you wish you were. I have never had that experience with a man, which really should have clued me in to my gender a lot earlier than it did.

No the game is who of your same gender do you find especially attractive -- not saying you want to have sex with them, but maybe someone you just have a little 'man-crush' on. It's a little different for you than the rest of us.

Obi-Wanma 04-28-24 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 14419043)
No the game is who of your same gender do you find especially attractive -- not saying you want to have sex with them, but maybe someone you just have a little 'man-crush' on. It's a little different for you than the rest of us.

I mean, for me, it's often hard to differentiate between people I am attracted to, people that I wish I was, and people who I just find really good looking, because they're all women. Never had a "man crush".

I've also heard similar things from cis lesbians.

JTH182 04-28-24 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by jpcamb (Post 14417907)
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Brad Pitt as yet. He and Robert Redford are pretty much the epitome of a good-looking man. Idris Elba is also just so damn cool it's mind-blowing.

I mean, I did 4 posts above yours :lol:

Count Dooku 04-28-24 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wanma (Post 14419044)
I mean, for me, it's often hard to differentiate between people I am attracted to, people that I wish I was, and people who I just find really good looking, because they're all women. Never had a "man crush".

I've also heard similar things from cis lesbians.

I can certainly say that other men are handsome, attractive, or sexy. And there are certainly many of those men that I wish I looked like. But "same-sex crush" or "man crush" totally reads as wanting to "be with" that person in a sexual or romantic way. :shrug:

Maxflier 04-29-24 09:38 AM

Man you guys are shallow!
Only person that comes to mind for me at the moment is someone like Benicio Del Toro. But it would be a crush because I think he is one cool mother fucker, not based on being attractive or not.

nickdawgy 04-30-24 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 14417757)
Oh yeah, Gosling is pretty damn fun and charming.

I think he’d be mine for that reason alone.

movieguru 04-30-24 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wanma (Post 14415993)

Is she the one from Sense8?

Kurt D 04-30-24 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Count Dooku (Post 14419137)
I can certainly say that other men are handsome, attractive, or sexy. And there are certainly many of those men that I wish I looked like. But "same-sex crush" or "man crush" totally reads as wanting to "be with" that person in a sexual or romantic way. :shrug:

It reads that way *to you*. (And, is there a problem with that?)

Josh-da-man 04-30-24 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by movieguru (Post 14419883)

Yeah, she was Freema Agyeman's (Martha Jones from Doctor Who) girlfriend in that, and Pinhead in the Hellraiser remake.

Obi-Wanma 04-30-24 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by movieguru (Post 14419883)

Yes, that's also where the picture is from.

dex14 04-30-24 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kurt D (Post 14419894)

To be fair... OP did once make a thread about wanting to be a cuck to Elba. :lol:

OldBoy 04-30-24 05:29 PM

cuck?

Kurt D 04-30-24 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 14419996)
To be fair... OP did once make a thread about wanting to be a cuck to Elba. :lol:

:lol: I forgot about that ...
no kink shaming!

OldBoy 04-30-24 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 14419897)
Yeah, she was Freema Agyeman's (Martha Jones from Doctor Who) girlfriend in that, and Pinhead in the Hellraiser remake.

there was a Hellraiser remake?huh, never realized, but they made Pinhead a woman. Ok.

Count Dooku 04-30-24 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kurt D (Post 14419894)

If you are asking me if I think there is a problem with homosexuality, then the answer is no.
If you are asking me if I think there is a problem with people denying the true meaning of what the thread is asking, then the answer is yes.

Maybe this is just another instance of me being too old to learn that a word that has had one meaning for decades suddenly means something else because people were too lazy to choose the correct word for what they really mean.

Kurt D 04-30-24 07:20 PM

You know, I retract my statement. None of us (I don't think) are saying we are 'crushing' on these people in the definition of a crush - an intense feeling of affection or brief but intense infatuation with someone. We are saying they are hot, and we find them hot.

but yeah, pretty much when someone talks about a same gender crush, or "man crush" for men, it is meant to mean someone that you think is hot, while also acknowledging that they are of the same gender as the observer.

JeffTheAlpaca 04-30-24 08:51 PM

Don Johnson and Sonny Crockett was the ultimate bad ass in the 80's

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...bc48105f19.jpg