Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Speak No Evil (2024, D: Watkins) -- S: James McAvoy, MacKenzie Davis -- From Blumhouse

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Speak No Evil (2024, D: Watkins) -- S: James McAvoy, MacKenzie Davis -- From Blumhouse

Old 04-10-24, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,741 Likes on 2,684 Posts

When an American family is invited to spend the weekend at the idyllic country estate of a charming British family they befriended on vacation, what begins as a dream holiday soon warps into a snarled psychological nightmare.

From Blumhouse, the producer of The Black Phone, Get Out and The Invisible Man, comes an intense suspense thriller for our modern age, starring BAFTA award-winner James McAvoy (Split, Glass) in a riveting performance as the charismatic, alpha-male estate owner whose untrammeled hospitality masks an unspeakable darkness. Speak No Evil stars Mackenzie Davis (Terminator: Dark Fate, Halt and Catch Fire) and SAG award-winner Scoot McNairy (Argo, A Quiet Place Part II) as American couple Louise and Ben Dalton, who, along with their 11-year-old daughter Agnes (Alix West Lefler; The Good Nurse, Riverdale), accept the weekend-holiday invitation of Paddy (McAvoy), his wife Ciara (Aisling Franciosi; Game of Thrones, The Fall) and their furtive, mute son Ant (newcomer Daniel Hough).

Written for the screen and directed by James Watkins, the writer-director of Eden Lake and the award-winning gothic ghost story The Woman in Black,

Speak No Evil is based on the screenplay of the 2022 Danish horror sensation Gæsterne, written by Christian Tafdrup and Mads Tafdrup. That film earned 11 Danish Film Awards nominations, the Danish equivalent of the Oscars. Speak No Evil is produced by Jason Blum (Five Nights at Freddy’s, M3GAN) for Blumhouse and by Paul Ritchie (McMafia, The Ipcress File) and is executive produced by Beatriz Sequeira for Blumhouse, Jacob Jarek and Christian Tafdrup.

Comes to theaters September 13th.
Old 04-10-24, 07:18 PM

Received 4,693 Likes on 3,179 Posts
Re: Speak No Evil (2024, D: Watkins) -- S: James McAvoy, MacKenzie Davis -- From Blumhouse

Watch the original.
Old 04-11-24, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts
Re: Speak No Evil (2024, D: Watkins) -- S: James McAvoy, MacKenzie Davis -- From Blumhouse

I didn't care for the original. This does not look like a good remake either. I do like McAvoy however but doubtful I will see it.
Old 04-11-24, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 197 Likes on 133 Posts

I mean, this is probably worth a watch for McAvoy alone.
Old 04-12-24, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 372 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
I didn't care for the original. This does not look like a good remake either. I do like McAvoy however but doubtful I will see it.
I didn't care for the original either. Probably will pass on this.