Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Land of Bad (2024, D: Eubank) S: L. Hemsworth (x2), Crowe, Ventimiglia, Whittle 

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 02-12-24, 08:11 AM

Received 4,750 Likes on 3,218 Posts

Only in theaters Feb 16.

Buckle up for the mission of a lifetime

TITLE: LAND OF BAD 
DIRECTOR: William Eubank 
WRITER: David Frigerio, William Eubank    
CAST: Liam Hemsworth, Russell Crowe, Luke Hemsworth, Ricky Whittle and Milo Ventimiglia 
SYNOPSIS: Starring Russell Crowe and Liam Hemsworth, a covert Special Forces operation in the South Philippines spirals into a brutal 48-hour battle for survival. When an elite extraction team is ambushed deep in enemy territory, rookie officer Kinney (Hemsworth) is left outnumbered but determined to leave no man behind. With an air strike closing in, Kinney's only hope hinges on the guidance of Air Force drone pilot Reaper (Crowe), navigating unknowable danger where every move could be their last. 
RUN TIME: 110 Minutes 
RATING: Rated R for strong bloody violence and language throughout 
GENRE: Action 
DISTRIBUTOR: The Avenue 
From the director of Underwater and The Signal.

Small distributor, but I do see this at some screenings schedule this weekend at my local AMCs.
Old 02-14-24, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,833 Likes on 2,745 Posts
Re: Land of Bad (2024, D: Eubank) S: L. Hemsworth (x2), Crowe, Ventimiglia, Whittle 

I started seeing some trailers for this in the last month. It's playing at my local theaters. I think I might check this out over Madame Web

It's super early, but it has 4 of 5 good reviews on RT

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/land_of_bad

Even Brian O, who is a tough critic at blu-ray,com gave it a positive review.

Old 02-14-24, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 957 Posts
Re: Land of Bad (2024, D: Eubank) S: L. Hemsworth (x2), Crowe, Ventimiglia, Whittle 

I think this looks fun and I am a fan of William Eubank and his Underwater film. I saw the first trailer for this a couple of days ago, so I can already tell that there was no marketing for it, and will probably bomb.

​​​​​​​
Old 02-17-24, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 777 Likes on 633 Posts

If Milo was not promoting this on the talk show circuit I would have never known it existed.

I assume they could have flooded NFL games with trailers of this but never saw one during a game.
The following users liked this post:
Dan1boy (02-17-24)
Old 02-17-24, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 223 Likes on 172 Posts

I too wasn't even aware of this until this past week. Is their plan to give it a short theatrical release and then put it on streaming for rent/purchase? There has been close to zero publicity for it.
Old 02-17-24, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk God

I'm seeing a matinee this afternoon. I only became aware of it a few weeks ago when the trailer popped up on my YouTube feed. I mean as mentioned, this probably had almost no marketing money going into it and is from a very small Indie distributor.
Old 02-17-24, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk God

This was actually pretty good and badass. Pretty compelling action thriller. I've never been a big fan of Liam Hemsworth, but he was actually good here and same goes with Milo Ventimiglia. Crowe had a pretty substantial supporting role as a drone Pilot and his eyes in the skies basically. There were some intense shootouts, hand to hand fight sequences. This won't win any awards or make much money, but If you're a fan of miliary themed action movies, then this is definitely a worthy watch.

Not a bad way to spend 2 hours on a Saturday over that other universally panned movie.