Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Agent Recon (2024, W/D: Derek Ting) -- S: Chuck Norris, Marc Singer

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 10-31-23, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,476 Likes on 2,499 Posts

EXCLUSIVE: Quiver Distribution has completed production on the military action/sci-fi film Agent Recon, featuring legendary martial arts expert and action hero Chuck Norris and will launch sales at the American Film Market, with Millennium Media selling foreign territories.

Sci-fi icon Marc Singer (Beastmaster, V) and Derek Ting (Agent Revelation), who also writes and directs, unite with Norris to tackle two kinetic genres.

Quiver plans to release the film in North America in 2024.

Alastair (Norris), the commander of a covert Earth security task force, calls upon super-powered rookie Jim (Ting) to go on a mission led by battle-hardened Colonel Green (Singer) and his seasoned marines to track a mysterious energy disturbance at a base in New Mexico suspected of experimenting on alien technology. When the team encounters an unknown being of not only extraordinary strength and speed, but also the ability to control mindless warriors, the trio must fight through unstoppable hordes to uncover the truth behind the hostile alien fortress and prevent humanity’s demise.Ting notes “that with Earth’s greatest heroes Chuck Norris and Marc Singer literally gearing up for this, I knew we had to make sure fans experience epic fun. My stunt team pushed the boundaries of my vision for clear grounded action elevated with motivated storytelling, and we had Chuck’s son Dakota come on board to choreograph all of his father’s fight sequences. Moreover, we filmed on the cinematic ARRI Alexa cameras at Hollywood’s most breathtaking sets and landscapes and finished it off with cutting-edge visual effects, an invigorating score, and heart-pumping sound effects.”

“We have been looking for an opportunity to work with the legendary Chuck Norris where he could show off his still exceptional fighting skills,” said Quiver Distribution co-presidents Berry Meyerowitz and Jeff Sackman. “We were thrilled when he immediately joined the film after reading Derek Ting’s script, and we can’t wait for his many fans to see him back in action.”

“We couldn’t be more excited to team up with our friends at Quiver on Agent Recon,” said Millennium’s JJ Nugent. “Chuck Norris is one of the world’s biggest action legends and we know that audiences will be just as excited as we are to see him back on the big screen for the first time since Expendables 2.”

Producers are Ting and Joyce Yung for Random Art Workshop (RAW) Films. Executive producers are Meyerowitz, Sackman, Larry Greenberg and Judah Klatzer for Quiver and Matthew Helderman, Grady Craig, and Luke Taylor for Buffalo 8 and BondIt Media Capital.

This is Norris' 1st movie since Expendables 2. Pretty obvious this is going to be straight to video.

Old 10-31-23, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 542 Likes on 405 Posts
Re: Agent Recon (2024, W/D: Derek Ting) -- S: Chuck Norris, Marc Singer

I've long wanted to start a thread here about "auteurs" like the guy behind this film. Derek Ting is writer, director, one of the producers, and, of course, the star. This is actually the third in a series of films by him, with possibly another on the way according to his IMDb bio (or maybe it's just this one under another title). There are so many self-promoting dreamers out there just like him: fringe-dwellers who just gotta tell their stories whether anyone watches or not. I guess there's money in it – eventually? – especially when you can just dump your films on any number of streamers desperate for new content to peddle. And let's face it, the technology has evolved to the point where literally anybody can make a "movie" now, in the sense that the images move. But some of these folks – and I suspect this guy's one of them – forever toil in their own little empires, really getting nowhere. Eventually, they can afford a former "name" to put above their titles, invariably people like Eric Roberts, Michael Madsen, Michael Paré, Robert Davi, Darryl Hannah, Armand Assante, Tom Sizemore alive, Tom Sizemore dead, a Baldwin, Mandylor, and London or two, Danny Trejo, Bai Lin, Kelly Hu, Viveca Fox and so on. The list of has-beens is long, and some have even died of old age appearing in junk like this (think: Robert Loggie, James Caan, Paul Sorvino, Danny Aiello, Margot Kidder, etc). Many of the latter-day movies in the filmographies of just about everyone I've mentioned are often directed, produced, and written by nobodies with stars in their eyes, many of whom are also the real leads in their own movies. And most of their movies suck.

While Chuck Norris was never the greatest actor, I can't imagine that this is the only kind of work he's being offered nowadays, appearing in bottom-feeder dreck. He's still not actually listed in the cast at IMDb, so for now he's further reduced to appearing in press releases for bottom-feeder dreck. Sigh.
Old 10-31-23, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 588 Likes on 453 Posts

I'm guessing Norris and Singer won't actually have much screen time at all. Also, at first I thought that shot of Singer was actually Nick Nolte.
​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
Brian T (10-31-23)
Old 11-01-23, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,109 Likes on 2,010 Posts

Chuck Norris always has to be double fisting his guns. He looks like he’s recreating the Invasion USA poster.
Old 12-04-23, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,476 Likes on 2,499 Posts

Chuck is only active on Instagram, but he posted some BTS photos from the set of this movie. Looks like his son Dakota helped with the fight choreography.

I’m back in action alongside Derek Ting and Marc Singer in ‘Agent Recon’, coming out next year. Here are some BTS photos of one of my fight scenes choreographed by my son, Dakota. I can’t wait for you all to see it. Stay tuned!
God Bless, Chuck Norris

The embeds still don't work on this board for IG.