Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Beanie Bubble (2023, D: Gore/Kulash) S: Galifianakis, Banks, Snook, Viswanathan

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Beanie Bubble (2023, D: Gore/Kulash) S: Galifianakis, Banks, Snook, Viswanathan

Old 06-29-23, 08:58 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Capitalism, dial-up Internet, and bean-filled plush animals.

The Beanie Bubble premieres July 28, starring Zach Galifianakis, Elizabeth Banks, Sarah Snook, and Geraldine Viswanathan.

Why did the world suddenly treat stuffed animals like gold? Ty Warner was a frustrated toy salesman until his collaboration with three women grew his masterstroke of an idea into the biggest toy craze in history. “The Beanie Bubble” is an inventive story about what and who we value, and the unsung heroes whose names didn't appear on the heart-shaped tag.
Old 07-26-23, 07:07 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Re: The Beanie Bubble (2023, D: Gore/Kulash) S: Galifianakis, Banks, Snook, Viswanathan

On Apple TV+ this week.

Reviews: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_beanie_bubble
Old 07-26-23, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts
Re: The Beanie Bubble (2023, D: Gore/Kulash) S: Galifianakis, Banks, Snook, Viswanathan

This movie is co-directed by Damian Kulash, who is the lead singer for the band Ok Go, which are known for their inventive music videos. I guess he learned filmmaking from the experience.

Old 07-26-23, 10:49 AM

Okay, doing some reading, he made the movie with his wife, Kristin Gore (who is Al & Tipper Gore's daughter). She had uncredited script work done on Moneyball, Foxcatcher and Her. This is her first credited screenplay, based on a book.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ew-1235541497/
Old 07-30-23, 12:49 AM

Watched it tonight. Thought it was pretty entertaining. Galifianakis is great and the women do a nice job. It’s nothing too special, but I still enjoyed it and it kept my interest.
The movie kind of has you think that Ty is now ruined or something, but according to Wikipedia, he’s still a billionaire.

BTW : The closing credits are over a new OK GO song, but you can’t listen to it because your only options at the end of the film is to watch another trailer or skip it and close the movie.
Old 10-21-23, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

or you can start the movie over and fast forward until the credits and make sure you click on the box with the closing credits.

I watched it with my free 3 month Apple + trial with my new LG 65" OLED TV.

It was not bad though it was at first kind of confusing and thought maybe he was dating two women at the same time but then the timeline showed they were years apart.

Ty Warner what a massive prick.

I thought maybe he passed away but he is still alive.
Spoiler:
Maybe if he gave more responsibilities or promoted Maya Kumar the beanie bubble might not have happened or maybe it would have been not as damaging to the compnay?