Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anora (2024, D: Sean Baker)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 06-27-23, 12:58 PM

Received 4,547 Likes on 3,085 Posts

He also confirmed what we’ve been reporting since March, that he wrapped shooting what will be his eighth feature film, this one about a sex worker as the protagonist and set in an upscale part of New York. Baker shot and completed this movie back in March.

“Anora” is the title and no one will be able to really remember the name until they see the movie. After seeing it, it’ll be impossible for them to forget it.

It's my biggest production to date, although that's not to say it's too big. It cost a little more than 'The Florida Project' and in terms of theme it follows the line of my previous films. It's a story about a sex worker, but the tone is closer to comedy.

Baker describes “Anora” as "an adventure comedy-drama", shot on location in Las Vegas and New York and which, for the first time in his career, follows wealthy people. The film was also shot in a “cleaner ‘70s cinema aesthetic.”

I had originally described the film as a “love story” that takes place in Upstate New York with some stuff shot in Vegas. No plot details were mentioned to me except that it was a two-month shoot. I’m sure we’ll be learning more about this one sooner rather later, although I’ve also been told that it’s very much a 2024 release.
https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/202...vxqcbf53hid89r
Old 11-02-23, 12:12 PM

Received 4,547 Likes on 3,085 Posts
Re: Anora (2024, D: Sean Baker)

Neon has acquired North American rights to the romantic dramedy Anora, the latest feature from award-winning indie filmmaker Sean Baker (The Florida Project). It will be released in theaters sometime next year.

Mikey Madison, Mark Eydelshteyn, Yuriy Borisov, Karren Karagulian, and Vache Tovmasyan star in the pic, shot on 35mm by DoP Drew Daniels, the synopsis for which remains under wraps. Samantha Quan, Alex Coco, and Baker served as producers. FilmNation Entertainment is handling worldwide rights, having already licensed to Le Pacte in France, Lev in Israel, Kismet in Australia and New Zealand, and Focus Features/Universal Pictures International for the rest of the world.
https://deadline.com/2023/11/anora-s...on-1235591039/