Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Phoenician Scheme (D: Wes Anderson) S: Del Toro, Murray, Cera

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 06-15-23, 11:26 AM

Received 4,555 Likes on 3,090 Posts

In a new interview for french outlet Cinema Teaser, Wes Anderson has revealed that his next film, aiming to shoot this fall, will feature no more than two main roles, a change from his last character-filled films.

I finished writing a new film, which was right before the writers strike happened. If everything goes well then we’ll be shooting that one this fall. This time around I just have three main characters in the film, that’s it. A few side characters, but the crux of the story focuses, actually, on two main characters […] I’ve long delayed this project, for years, but it recently spoke to me again. Ever since my daughter was born, seven years ago, my wife said that I would end up doing a father-daughter story. I wasn’t sure what other stories I could tell, but then this film came along. It’ll be a story about a father and his daughter.
https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/202...rqgx35pt0om9ss
Old 06-15-23, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
re: The Phoenician Scheme (D: Wes Anderson) S: Del Toro, Murray, Cera

I've got a title for it: "Wes Anderson's Home Movie."
Old 06-15-23, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 839 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
I've got a title for it: "Wes Anderson's Home Movie."
"Criterion Director's Cut"
Old 06-26-23, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,166 Likes on 4,196 Posts

Brief update :

Update: Speaking with Le Monde, Wes Anderson gave a small update on his next feature:
“My next feature film will be linear, with Benicio Del Toro in every shot. I can’t tell you much more than that except that it will be about espionage, a father-daughter relationship, and, let’s say, with a rather dark tone.”
Meanwhile (per Richard Brody) Anderson told Cahiers du Cinéma, “I’m going in another direction and it will probably be less dark than I’d planned. It will be a lot about family, even more than in Asteroid City.”
Old 06-26-23, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,094 Likes on 791 Posts

It's always funny/odd to me when someone has a new movie that has just arrived in theaters, and they are already being asked about what they are doing next.
Old 01-11-24, 01:26 PM

Received 4,555 Likes on 3,090 Posts

EXCLUSIVE: Bill Murray (The French Dispatch), Michael Cera (Life & Beth) and Benicio Del Toro (The French Dispatch) have been set to star in the newest feature from seven-time Academy Award nominee Wes Anderson, which is set to go into production this year, Deadline has confirmed.

Anderson wrote the film with Roman Coppola, his regular collaborator going back to The Life Aquatic. Details as to the plot are under wraps. Anderson hinted at the project in a September 2023 interview with Deadline, noting that he and Coppola had just finished the script for a Del Toro-led feature before the start of the writers strike. Further cast is also under wraps at this point, but given Anderson’s tendency to pursue huge ensembles, expect many more names to emerge in the coming weeks to months.

Anderson is coming off of Asteroid City, a quirky alien invasion dramedy that follows a writer going about penning a world-famous fictional play. The protagonist of that piece is Augie Steenbeck (Jason Schwartzman), a grieving father who travels with his tech-obsessed family to small rural Asteroid City to compete in a junior stargazing event, only to have his worldview disrupted forever. Last year, Anderson also unveiled Poison, The Rat Catcher, The Swan and The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar, a series of starry Netflix shorts, based on the works of Roald Dahl.

While Cera is new to the world of Wes Anderson, Murray and Del Toro are frequent collaborators of the auteur. Del Toro first joined Anderson’s troupe of actors in his second-to-last feature, The French Dispatch, also featuring Murray, whose time with the filmmaker goes back to his 1998 breakout feature Rushmore.

Murray is repped by Nochimson Law; Cera by CAA, Thruline Entertainment, and Lichter, Grossman, Nichols; Del Toro by LBI Entertainment, Range Media Partners, and Hansen, Jacobson, Teller; and Anderson by UTA and Jackoway Austen Tyerman. Today’s Wes Anderson news was first reported by World of Reel.
https://deadline.com/2024/01/new-wes...ro-1235716914/