Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Fast X: Part 2 (2025, D: Leterrier)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 04-19-23, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,617 Likes on 2,596 Posts

Leterrier will direct Fast 11 as well. He’s basically from what I can tell a director for hire. Gets shit done and doesn’t butt heads with talent. Probably Vin and the studio like that.

Old 04-19-23, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts
re: Fast X: Part 2 (2025, D: Leterrier)

Leterrier was one of the director's who directed the Luc Besson action movies 20 years ago and he did a good Job with The Transporter and Unleashed, he has a fine eye for set pieces, but he has no unique style or ambition for more. So he's a good fit for a franchise like F&F.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (04-20-23)
Old 04-19-23, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 618 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by Runaway
Leterrier was one of the director's who directed the Luc Besson action movies 20 years ago and he did a good Job with The Transporter and Unleashed, he has a fine eye for set pieces, but he has no unique style or ambition for more. So he's a good fit for a franchise like F&F.
He also did solid work on The Incredible Hulk.
The following 2 users liked this post by RocShemp:
Runaway (04-19-23), Why So Blu? (04-24-23)
Old 04-24-23, 01:13 PM

Received 4,547 Likes on 3,085 Posts

EXCLUSIVE: Although we are still weeks away from the premiere of Fast X, things are in motion for the Fast & Furious finale that will follow. Universal has set The Flash screenwriter Christina Hodson and Cloverfield screenwriter Oren Uziel to pen next installment, following news last week that Fast X director Louis Leterrier will return for the next film, which is being described as a companion to Fast X.

For some time, Universal has envisioned that the finale of the studio’s biggest franchise this century would play out over two films. While a lot the same pieces from Fast X will return — including Leterrier, who impressed execs so much on his first outing they made his return official before the film’s premiere — they still wanted some new voices. Although Hodson and Uziel have never wrote a movie together, they have a close relationship and share office space, and saw this as a perfect project on which to team.

Over the course of 10 films that have earned more than $6 billion at the worldwide box office, Universal’s record-smashing, homegrown Fast & Furious saga has become the studio’s most-profitable and longest-running franchise. Across social media platforms, the fan following for the movies and cast has grown into the biggest of any active franchise. On the heels of 2017’s The Fate of the Furious, which debuted in theaters as the biggest global opening of all time, the franchise has expanded to a multitude of offerings from toys and video games to an animated series and spinoff franchise Hobbs & Shaw.

The 10th chapter in the Fast & Furious saga, Fast X, arrives in theaters May 19, 2023.

Hodson has been become one of the go-to writers for big IP across town. She recently penned the Transformers spinoff Bumblebee, Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey and the upcoming The Flash.

Uziel wrote and directed Shimmer Lake, which premiered on Netflix and starred Benjamin Walker, Wyatt Russell, Rainn Wilson, Adam Pally, John Michael Higgins, Ron Livingston, Stephanie Sigman and Rob Corddry. His spec script The God Particle was bought by Paramount and Bad Robot; it premiered on Netflix under the title The Cloverfield Paradox. Other credits include The Lost City and 22 Jump Street.

Next up he has the Amazon Spider-Man Noir series he is showrunning.

Hodson is represented by CAA and Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment. Uziel is represented by Curate and Myman Greenspan Fox Rosenberg Mobasser Younger & Light LLP.
https://deadline.com/2023/04/fast-am...el-1235334504/
Old 04-24-23, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

I guess Chris Morgan has completely bailed on the franchise after he did Hobbs and Shaw. He wrote 7 movies in the series. Hodson is a decent writer though.
Old 04-24-23, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,186 Likes on 2,054 Posts

I would love for the final scene of the series to be everyone gathered in a restaurant because they were too tired of cooking BBQ.
IBJoel (04-24-23)
Old 04-24-23, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
I guess Chris Morgan has completely bailed on the franchise after he did Hobbs and Shaw. He wrote 7 movies in the series. Hodson is a decent writer though.
Although the absence of Chris Morgan was very much apparent in F9 (he has a knack for writing silly/stupid stuff that doesn't feel insulting), I really like Christina Hodson. Her onboard makes me cautiously optimistic.
Old 05-22-23, 07:38 AM

Re: Fast X: Part 2 (2025, D: Leterrier)

The road to the end of the Fast & Furious franchise just keeps getting longer.

After Vin Diesel announced that Fast X is going to be a two-parter, with the next film coming in 2025, he dropped the bomb that it might actually be a trilogy. Now the current architect of the franchise, Fast X director Louis Leterrier, is pouring gasoline on the fire of those claims, suggesting that there may be more movies coming after the upcoming 11th installment, which was previously said to be the final film in the saga.

"Let's see what this one does," Leterrier tells EW about Fast X's box office returns. "You know what's beautiful about this franchise is that the audience gave the love and then the franchise kept growing and delivered for the fans, but also surprised them. Don't shove it down people's throats, but give people what they love. So let's see [what happens next]."

Leterrier admits "it's hard to give an answer" to whether Fast X Part 2 will be the conclusion to the franchise. "I mean, who knows? Two years ago we didn't think that movies would ever exist anymore," he explains. "Knock on wood, count my lucky stars that we're making giant movies that now are being seen by millions of people around the globe. It's amazing, and I'm so happy that we're part of this summer where it feels like the excitement for movies is back."

But now that Leterrier has officially signed on to direct Fast X Part 2, he promises that "there will be an ending," though he won't say whether it will be the ending. "I know where the franchise ends and I know where the problems are in the 25 years of consequences that led up to that moment," he says. "But there are many ways to get there. Many roads will lead us to the end."

He also warns that Part 2 is going to be emotionally resonant, perhaps more than what people may be expecting. "As a fan, you will love the ending and you will cry," he adds. "Part 2 is going to be a sad one. It's going to be beautiful, and I'm so happy I'm doing it."
https://ew.com/movies/fast-x-part-2-...uis-leterrier/

I think they are going to eventually just deep fake Walker back into these.

Also, with the diminishing NA returns, they should really look at trying to do 2 and 3 back to back if they do intend on making X a trilogy. It would be more cost effective.
IBJoel (05-22-23)
Old 06-09-23, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Old 06-10-23, 08:55 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 898 Likes on 759 Posts

i would love to see one last race at the end, but instead of showing the race, just have the girl drop the handkerchief and then fade to black.
Old 06-10-23, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

I bet you they will wait a few years and pick it right back up with their kids. LOL
Old 01-15-24, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Looks like Universal is slashing the budget for the next movie and making it more like Part 1 level.

Old 01-15-24, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I guess I havenít been paying attention. I thought they filmed this at the same time as part 1 and only had a few odds and ends to complete before release. I had no idea they didnít even have the budget figured out yet.
IBJoel (01-16-24)
Old 01-15-24, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 602 Likes on 444 Posts

And then thereís Vinís little sexual battery thing.
Old 01-15-24, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I guess I havenít been paying attention. I thought they filmed this at the same time as part 1 and only had a few odds and ends to complete before release. I had no idea they didnít even have the budget figured out yet.
There was talk early on that they would shoot the 2 movies back to back, but that didn't happen. While X still made over $700M plus, it was still considered a disappointment financially considering the ballooned budget, so they had to make changes.
IBJoel (01-16-24)
Old 01-17-24, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's gonna feel weird to go from the OTT bombast of Fast X to revert to the more grounded "Point Break but with cars" approach of The Fast and the Furious.
IBJoel (01-17-24)
Old 01-17-24, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
It's gonna feel weird to go from the OTT bombast of Fast X to revert to the more grounded "Point Break but with cars" approach of The Fast and the Furious.
I don't see how they can do that. Audiences have expectations and they don't expect Three Fast And Three Furious. Time travel would have been the next logical step. Perhaps that's it. Dom has do travel back in time to stop Brian from joining the gang.
IBJoel (01-17-24)
Old 01-17-24, 10:11 AM

Received 111 Likes on 86 Posts

A smaller budget could work. They'll spend a good chunk on the time travel effects, but skilled set dressing can sell the "reality" of the stops in the different eras. I'm really hoping the Wild West scenes live up to their potential.

Also I seriously want this after typing it out.
Old 01-17-24, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So... The Good, The Fast, The Furious?

Or... A remake of The Fast and the Furious?

Not a Western, but it would work with the proposed time travel theme.
Old 01-17-24, 11:49 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

is it gonna start with Dom waking up from a dream to negate the cliffhanger?
IBJoel (01-17-24)
Old 01-17-24, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by HN
is it gonna start with Dom waking up from a dream to negate the cliffhanger?
Yup. Except he ends up revealed to be in a coma brought on from actually getting hit by the train at the end of the first movie, meaning 2F2F - FX never happened.
Old 01-17-24, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk God

I’m all for a scaled down Fast movie. You don’t need to pick things up where the last movie ended. Just jump forward six months to a year. It’s not like they are scaling things so back that it will be a Fast indie movie. It’s really just about the economics of movie going now. Movies that cost $200M plus to make are going to have a really hard time breaking even now. There are select smash hits every now and then. But, they don’t have gargantuan budgets with a billion special effects and 10 top billed cast members.
Old 02-23-24, 07:44 PM

Looks like this will be the last one (of the main “saga” at least… and for now…). No three parter like he was saying during the last one’s press tour.

From Vin’s socials:
Just finished our end of the week Fast meeting with the writers and the whole team… to say the excitement for our finale was incredibly powerful is an understatement. Wow. So exciting…

While everyone was heading into the weekend amped and excited, I thought of you all… reminded of the countless moments when your enthusiasm and passion became the driving force behind our creative journey. Your commitment to our saga has had a unique impact on its success and evolution… as my youngest daughter would say, it’s profound.

Thank you for being the backbone of this global saga that because of you, transcends the screen.

This grand finale is not just an ending; it’s a celebration of the incredible family we’ve built together.

Hope to make you proud!
Old 02-23-24, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I always enjoy reading Vinís posts about this series. He legitimately thinks this goofy franchise is the pinnacle of cinematic achievements. They couldnít possibly get any stupider and this dude thinks heís making Lawrence of Arabia with every entry.
The following 3 users liked this post by GoldenJCJ:
Brian T (02-23-24), IBJoel (02-26-24), RocShemp (02-24-24)
Old 02-24-24, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I always enjoy reading Vinís posts about this series. He legitimately thinks this goofy franchise is the pinnacle of cinematic achievements. They couldnít possibly get any stupider and this dude thinks heís making Lawrence of Arabia with every entry.
True, but on the flip side you could have a main star that doesn't give a shit and is only there for the paycheck.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.