Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Untitled Dave Filoni Star Wars Film

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Untitled Dave Filoni Star Wars Film

Old 04-07-23, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Re: The General Star Wars Discussion Thread

3 new movies announced

James Mangoldís movie will go back to the dawn of the Jedi.

Dave Filoniís will focus on the New Republic, and close out the interconnected stories told in The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka, and other Disney+ series.

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoyís film will be set after the events of Rise of Skywalker, and feature Daisy Ridley back as Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order.
​​​​​​​https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2...tar-wars-films
The following users liked this post:
milo bloom (04-07-23)
Old 04-07-23, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 724 Likes on 529 Posts
Re: Untitled Dave Filoni Star Wars Film

I'm fine with this as long as they don't X-Files it and make it seem like a overlong episode to bridge future tv series.
Old 04-07-23, 05:03 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Re: Untitled Dave Filoni Star Wars Film

After the panel Variety asked Filoni what was the singular thread weaving the varied stories together. “On a base level, I would just say the coming conflict, the growing idea that the empire wasn’t as defeated as a lot of people want to believe and that the remnant is out there,” Filoni said. “We saw that from the very beginning with ‘The Mandalorian’ and how Giancarlo’s [Esposito] character Gideon was plotting. There are always people that are willing to undermine something that the Republic is trying to build and put back on its feet. I grew up with a lot of stories in the expanding universe that were exploring what happened after ‘Return of the Jedi.’ There has been this, for fans, idea that there was a new Republic and a remnant Empire and the conflict persisted after ‘Return of the Jedi,’ even though the heroes won and were more in control. What did that control look like? And since ‘Force Awakens’ is 30 years on out from ‘Return of the Jedi,’ we have room then to tell another story. That’s what I’m coalescing into this time period.”
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/s...ld-1235576542/