Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi (D: James Mangold)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi (D: James Mangold)

Old 04-06-24, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 705 Likes on 435 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi (D: James Mangold)

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Yeah, the corporate behemoth multi-media franchise is no place for someone whose primary concern is wanting to make a good movie.
If the Rian Johnson responsible for Brick, Looper, Brothers Bloom, and Knives Out showed up for The Last Jedi, I'd be inclined to agree with you. But he didn't, and I don't.
The following users liked this post:
milo bloom (04-08-24)
Old 04-08-24, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,077 Posts
Re: Untitled James Mangold Star Wars Film

Originally Posted by rocket1312
My friends and I theorized that there was a little creature living in there known as the throat sack monster. As the theory goes, the throat sack monster was controlling George Ratatouille-style and was actually the one responsible for ruining Star Wars.
I've been listening to some podcasts about some of the early Lucas/Spielberg collaborations and it's pretty obvious that Lucas is good at coming up with ideas and producing films. But if he's writing and/or directing (especially after the success of Star Wars), he has too many "yes men" around him who can't reign him in.

For example, back in the Raiders of the Lost Ark days, Lucas and Spielberg were breaking the story with Lawrence Kasdan and Lucas landed on the idea that Marion was 12 when Indy had an affair with her. Like he specifically pushed that age. Spielberg is the one who pumped the brakes and is the reason we ended up with her "I was a child" instead, which is ambiguous enough to slide by in 1981. Spielberg had the power to say no to Lucas, which is something he desperately needs.

Back to this movie - I am all for breaking up the timeline and exploring some non-Skywalker timelines.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (04-08-24)