Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

No Hard Feelings (2023, D: Stupnitsky) S: Jennifer Lawrence

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

No Hard Feelings (2023, D: Stupnitsky) S: Jennifer Lawrence

Old 06-22-23, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,124 Likes on 814 Posts
Re: No Hard Feelings (2023, D: Stupnitsky) S: Jennifer Lawrence

I like how she laughs.
Old 06-23-23, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 332 Likes on 248 Posts

I saw this last night and liked it quite a bit. The third act is the "messiest" as there's no real way the writers could have gotten themselves out of the scenario they set up with any ending that is going to please the audience. But the first 75 minutes or so are really good - and the film has a surprising amount of heart to it. It's very much like a John Hughes movie that way, which is probably the best compliment I could give a film like this. It's worth seeing (yes, even in the theater). B+ from me.
The following users liked this post:
DJariya (06-23-23)
Old 06-24-23, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,947 Posts

Originally Posted by CristonCole
The other was for a random bit involving a “Chinese finger trap” where Lawrence has her finger stuck into one end and a guy’s dick is stuck in the other end (don’t ask).
Wow. I read that sentence wrong the first time.
The other was for a random bit involving a “Chinese finger trap” where Lawrence has her finger stuck in end and of guy’s dick..."
Now that would have been funny!
Old 06-24-23, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I already saw a low quality video of Jennifer Lawrence's full frontal nude scene a few days ago. She actually takes a punt cunch in it.

Full frontal nude scenes from Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johansson in the same week? We have truly been blessed.
Old 06-24-23, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,420 Likes on 4,389 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I already saw a low quality video of Jennifer Lawrence's full frontal nude scene a few days ago. She actually takes a punt cunch in it.

Full frontal nude scenes from Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johansson in the same week? We have truly been blessed.
Scarlett is very clearly a body double, assuming you're referring to the Wes Anderson film. The double even gets an end credit.
Sketchsketchy (07-12-23)
Old 06-24-23, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

She did an interview where she talks about filming the scene...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...141413374.html

Wes Anderson is a famously exacting filmmaker when it comes to getting his ultra-specific aesthetic vision on-screen. But Scarlett Johansson tells Yahoo Entertainment that the director was more than a little tongue-tied when the time came to stage her brief nude scene in Anderson's latest production, Asteroid City."Wes is probably the worst person to talk to about anything like that," the actress says, laughing. "He's so uncomfortable around that topic."

Johansson indicates that she didn't feel any discomfort about filming one of her rare nude scenes — aside from trying to get specific instructions from the director behind the camera, of course. "I'll leave it up to your imagination [how that went]," she jokes. "There was a lot of throat clearing and [Wes] sort of hiding his face."
Looks like you don't see her face in the scene, which is always suspect, but these days with CGI and digital manipulation where it is, nearly any nude scene can easily be faked. I think that all of the male frontal nudity in HBO's Watchmen was faked. (One of the actors in it was even surprised when he saw his character naked when he watched it.)

Old 06-25-23, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,310 Likes on 954 Posts

At least we'll always have Under the Skin.
csant (06-25-23)
Old 06-25-23, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 372 Likes on 309 Posts

Saw this yesterday morning.

Enjoyed the early attempts at raunchy comedy but didn't care too much about anything else in the film.

Though the beach scene was pretty hilarious and unexpected
Old 06-25-23, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 492 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Looks like you don't see her face in the scene, which is always suspect, but these days with CGI and digital manipulation where it is, nearly any nude scene can easily be faked. I think that all of the male frontal nudity in HBO's Watchmen was faked. (One of the actors in it was even surprised when he saw his character naked when he watched it.)
Given the intense physicality of the naked fight scene in No Hard Feelings, I just assume she was at most topless, and the lower half was CGI's. If she really did perform that sequence in the nude, then I'm impressed as all hell, as that would be on the level of Viggo Mortensen in Eastern Promises.

Movie was okay, about what I was expecting. Weird happy ending in that she saddles her friends with a house that now has out of control taxes thanks to the vindictive nanny.
Old 07-12-23, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw this today before it disappears from theaters. It was okay. It needed to be funnier. Jokes needed to be more outrageous given the premise.
One problem is that JLaw is too conventionally beautiful for this role. I can imagine this having been a much raunchier and funnier made-for-Netflix movie but without a Movie Star in the lead. Like imagine what Aubrey Plaza could have done with this part.
Old 07-24-23, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 404 Likes on 288 Posts

We saw this as a double feature at the drive-in and wish to hell I knew about the nude scene as that was exactly where we started to make our exit. My wife hated it and i was not into it at all (the nude scene was stunning ) It was embarrassing that she took this film and she is so much better than someone that tries to seduce an unwilling teen. the entire premise is absolutely absurd to the point of me wondering why this got greenlight aside for the full frontal and body slamming for Lawrence. I wanted to like it but found Broderick distracting with his age and receding hairline - I thought he was a character actor from something else until my wife smacked my arm and shouted that's Broderick?? I have to wonder if it somehow got better after the first 25 minutes but I only see me catching a specific scene in the future.
Old 07-24-23, 03:15 PM

Received 139 Likes on 104 Posts

As an aside, school must have been brutal for the director with that name.
Old 07-24-23, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by HeIsTheZissou
As an aside, school must have been brutal for the director with that name.
"Hey, STOOP-ID- nitsky!! "

........."Up, up. It's pronounced STUP-nitsky, you fool!"
Old 08-11-23, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,039 Likes on 823 Posts

In four years we'll both be seniors

The entire motif of Jennifer Lawrence is old made me feel suppppper old.
​​​​​
Old 08-12-23, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RichC2
In four years we'll both be seniors

The entire motif of Jennifer Lawrence is old made me feel suppppper old.
​​​​​
She's at that age where I would have to seriously consider whether I would want to make whoopee with her, if given the chance.
Old 08-14-23, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 294 Likes on 214 Posts

This one really surprised me. I was not expecting to like it at all. I didn't laugh once during the trailer and even rolled my eyes. Questioning why Lawrence would do something like this at this point in her career. But I found it was really entertaining. I laughed a lot and thought it had a lot of heart. It reminded me of the 80's films like "Can't Buy Me Love" with current movies like "Booksmart" and even "The King of Staten Island" thrown in.
IBJoel (08-15-23)
Old 08-18-23, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 619 Likes on 445 Posts

Watched this tonight.
first half was super funny but once the guy started falling for her it wasn’t funny anymore. At least enough.

Also it looked to me like Lawrence’s naked fight scene looked like it was deep fake.
There was odd movement around her head. Looked choppy.
Has there been anything marking it that she actually did that scene?
Old 08-18-23, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, this movie is not what you might think it is.
It is a movie that is really really good.

Old 08-19-23, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 432 Likes on 293 Posts

Watched last night, and really enjoyed it. More heart than I was expecting. Felt like an early 2000s movie we don't see much of anymore.
whotony (08-19-23)
Old 08-19-23, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,039 Likes on 823 Posts

Yeah, kudos to Stupnitsky keeping the old school style around with this and Good Boys (which I just finally watched and didn't see a thread for).
Old 08-19-23, 01:20 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 966 Likes on 805 Posts

I really disliked this. The tonal shifts were so drastic. I had no idea what this movie was going for. Raunch, tender, coming of age. The shifts were too drastic for me. And, I didn’t find a whole lot of funny. Maybe I’ll give it another chance, but this was bad on initial viewing.
Old 08-19-23, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought they did a great job with everything in the second half of the movie.
The three main sets of people all had a good redemption and growth at the end.
Mandy, Percy and Percy’s parents.

loved the adoption of the dog too.
Old 08-19-23, 02:25 PM

Received 4,695 Likes on 3,181 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Yeah, kudos to Stupnitsky keeping the old school style around with this and Good Boys (which I just finally watched and didn't see a thread for).
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk...-williams.html
RichC2 (08-19-23)
Old 08-19-23, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,747 Likes on 2,688 Posts

I enjoyed it when I watched it a few months ago. But, I realize this kind of movie has a limited amount of re-watchability. I'll probably get the digital when it drops under $10. It's probably not going to be on Netflix until October or November.

Lawrence looked really good and it has a fair amount of sweet moments along with the humor. So it's good for at least 1 more watch.
Old 08-20-23, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by whotony
Also it looked to me like Lawrence’s naked fight scene looked like it was deep fake.
There was odd movement around her head. Looked choppy.
Has there been anything marking it that she actually did that scene?
Haven't seen the movie, but I did watch the fight scene on the WatchItForThePlot reddit.

And, yeah, it did look kind of strange. Normally, I would go into these things assuming she's merkined up, which seems to be the standard protocol for full frontal female nudity these days.

But the whole scene looks kind of odd; pretty sure it was filmed day-for-night at least, and there's sort of a halo around the people on the beach that makes it look she was filmed on a green screen or something; possibly even one of those LED stages that Disney likes to use for their Star Wars D+ shows. The lighting doesn't seem to match the environment.

They could have CGIed her face onto a body double -- which was done for Cersei's "walk of shame" in Game of Thrones -- and if they did that, the body double is really close to her own body type. Or she could have filmed the scene in bikini bottoms and they digitally removed them so it looked like she was butt naked.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.