Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023, D: Reed) -- S: Rudd, Majors -- The Spoiler Reviews Thread

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: What did you think of Ant-Man 3?
0%
7.27%
18.18%
29.09%
20.00%
3.64%
7.27%
0%
3.64%
3.64%
0%
No interest. Don't care
1.82%
Will wait until Disney Plus
5.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023, D: Reed) -- S: Rudd, Majors -- The Spoiler Reviews Thread

Old 08-21-23, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,282 Likes on 786 Posts
Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023, D: Reed) -- S: Rudd, Majors -- The Spoiler Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by Nesbit
Do you remember the movie you first fast forwarded through?
That is a fantastic question that I am not sure I can answer 100% correctly. But sitting here thinking about it, I may have the answer.

When the format DVD (and DVDTalk) was in its infancy, I remember getting several movies for free with the purchase of a player. Lost In Space (1998) was one of the free movies. I remember being excited to see it even though I knew it had failed at the box office, as it was packed with extras (New Line Platinum Series!), the trailer looked cool, it was widescreen, and it had 5.1 sound which I could test my new sound system with!!! Plus, I was just excited to get some free movies on this unbelievably cool new format called DVDs. Everything was new and shiny! A brand-new movie theater experience world in home entertainment that I had only dreamed of as a movie and VHS addict.

I quickly found that it was a dull, mess of a movie and I distinctly remember picking up the remote to use the FF button on that one, something I rarely, if ever did on VHS or CED (we were too poor for Laserdisc). As a kid and teen, the rewind or FF buttons on VHS were only to access nudity as quickly as possible, not because a film was terrible. My friends and I would sit through awful shit just so we wouldn't accidently miss a titty.

It was cool to see how easily accessible it was to move around the movie since DVD had chapter stops and a crystal-clear picture when fast forwarding, something VHS had neither of. So yeah...in the modern (does DVD count toward modern anymore?) format age, I would say Lost In Space wins that answer. I have tried to watch it once or twice since then and never could do it. I am a glutton for punishment so I will likely try again eventually.

Great question.
The following 2 users liked this post by Spiderbite:
Nesbit (08-21-23), ntnon (08-21-23)
Old 08-21-23, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,667 Posts
Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023, D: Reed) -- S: Rudd, Majors -- The Spoiler Reviews Thread

That is very different from the first movie I fastforwarded through, which was probably Fast Times or Private School or something along those lines (hey Phoebe Cates fans)
Old 08-21-23, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,898 Likes on 2,784 Posts

It's funny that I used to think that I had to own every MCU movie whether it be on digital or physical media. But, I have not picked this movie up, The Eternals, Thor Love and Thunder, Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness and Wakanda Forever.

Plus, being a regular Disney+ subscriber, I can just re-watch them anytime. So I have less incentive to own it. For the record, I haven't re-watched this movie since I initially saw it in the theater.
Old 08-21-23, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,282 Likes on 786 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
That is very different from the first movie I fastforwarded through, which was probably Fast Times or Private School or something along those lines (hey Phoebe Cates fans)
I think I (ahem) covered that in my post...see VHS section.

I took the question as what was fast forwarded because of content or quality of the film.
Old 08-21-23, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,667 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I think I (ahem) covered that in my post...see VHS section.

I took the question as what was fast forwarded because of content or quality of the film.
Ha, you're right I did miss the VHS part of it. Those poor worn out tapes.
Old 08-21-23, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 721 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
I think it was discussed earlier in this thread, but the leaked script had Kang surviving and escaping, and Hope and Scott being stranded in the Quantum Realm. The reshoots to change the ending happened in January, a little more than a month before its release.
I remember that. What I don't recall is if a reason was given for the result ending. The current ending simply doesn't fit.