Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

GREEN GHOST & The Masters of the Stone (D: Olmos; S: Trejo, Carrillo, Dye, Zaror)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

GREEN GHOST & The Masters of the Stone (D: Olmos; S: Trejo, Carrillo, Dye, Zaror)

Old 12-31-22, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 618 Likes on 477 Posts

Anyone heard of this flick? Looks like it could be funny, or at least so bad it's good. Although with a 4.5 on IMDB, I'm guessing the latter.

Old 01-01-23, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
Re: GREEN GHOST & The Masters of the Stone (D: Olmos; S: Trejo, Carrillo, Dye, Zaror)

I can't believe there's a thread about this movie now.

I've seen it. It's pretty terrible. The lead of the film, Charlie Clark, owns a couple of local car dealerships down here. He previously did this character on a low-budget local TV show in Spanish. This movie was clearly a vanity project for him and a step up from the TV show.

The movie played in a couple theaters locally, not surprising. A friend and I saw it on a double bill at the drive-in. It was pretty laughably bad but not necessarily a so bad it's good recommendation. The one thing that a rewatch would maybe help with is subtitles. At least when we saw it, the stretches of Spanish dialogue weren't subtitled at all. Now I live along the Mexican border so not an issue for most around here, but I wasn't able to follow those bits.
Old 01-01-23, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 618 Likes on 477 Posts
Re: GREEN GHOST & The Masters of the Stone (D: Olmos; S: Trejo, Carrillo, Dye, Zaror)

Blame Prime. I saw an ad for it and checked out the trailer. Caught my eye cos of Trejo. Shame it sucks.