DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Good Burger 2 (2023) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/656597-good-burger-2-2023-a.html)

Mike86 10-27-22 12:35 PM

Good Burger 2 (2023)

A ‘Good Burger Sequel Is ‘Gonna Happen’ Says Kenan Thompson

Matt Singer

Published: October 27, 2022https://townsquare.media/site/442/fi...jpg?w=980&q=75Paramount

Good Burger may soon be the home of the Good Burger again really soon.

It sounds like a pipe dream, or maybe an elaborate prank, but apparently a sequel to the 1997 cult kids comedy Good Burger, based on the series of sketches from television and starring Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell, is really happening. Thompson himself says that the script for the movie is written and that the sequel is “gonna happen,” some 25 years after the original hit theaters.

As he explained to Entertainment Tonight...
It's closer than it's ever been. So, I don't think anything is gonna derail it ... We had a reading, like a little private thing just to hear the script that we've been working on, out loud -- just with a couple friends and a couple people from Paramount and Nickelodeon, and it was so funny.
Thompson and Mitchell recently had a Good Burger reunion during the Emmy Awards, which Thompson hosted.

The pair had previously reunited for a Good Burger sketch on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon back in 2015. They first revealed discussions for a potential Good Burger film sequel in 2018. The Good Burger concept originated on the Nickelodeon sketch series All That in the ’90s. (That series has also been revived in recent years by Nickelodeon, with both Thompson and Mitchell serving as executive producers and appearing as guest stars.)

Mitchell and Thompson also posted a video of the script on Instagram this week, indicating that the thing really does exist, and it is getting close to happening.

Good Burger 2 doesn’t have an official release date yet, but Thompson sure seems convinced the film is happening.
https://screencrush.com/good-burger-sequel-confirmed/

Kinda cool news. I liked Kenan and Kel a lot back in the day (both their personalities and the show they did together). Glad that they’re finally doing more together again. I will say I tried to watch Good Burger a couple years ago and found it hard to watch, but I’d probably watch a sequel for nostalgia sake.

fujishig 10-27-22 12:50 PM

re: Good Burger 2 (2023)

So when's the Fat Albert sequel coming?

*crickets*

Obi-Wanma 10-27-22 01:24 PM

When is the Criterion re-release of the original due?

fujishig 10-27-22 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wanma (Post 14183332)
When is the Criterion re-release of the original due?

I've heard they're waiting for an 8k format because the classic deserves no less than that.

Troy Stiffler 10-27-22 04:07 PM

Screw the MCU. Expand the GBU. NOW.

PerryD 10-27-22 04:09 PM

Maybe call it Better Burger

William Fuld 03-18-23 05:47 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...c62744f62f.gif

dex14 03-18-23 08:02 AM

“Good Burger 2” has officially been greenlit at Paramount+, with original stars Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell set to return.

The news was revealed on Friday’s episode of “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.” The sequel to the beloved Nickelodeon film will begin production in May with plans to debut it on Paramount+ later in 2023.

“I can’t believe it’s been a little over 25 years since great customer service was born at Good Burger!” Thompson said in a statement. “Being a part of something so many generations of people have come to love has made me so proud and now to be back where it all began working on the sequel is surreal! Love performing with my brother Kel and can’t wait to show the fans what these characters have been up to since we last saw them.”

“Good Burger” originated as a sketch on the Nickelodeon series “All That” in which Mitchell starred as Ed. It was then spun off into the 1997 film. It proved to be a box office success, grossing just under $24 million against a reported budget of $8 million. It has gone on to achieve cult status, with Mitchell and Thompson reuniting for a “Good Burger” sketch on “The Tonight Show” in 2015 and subsequently stating over the years they were open to a new iteration of the film. Mitchell also appeared as Ed in the “All That” revival series in 2019.

Per the official logline of the film, “Dexter Reed (Thompson) is down on his luck after another one of his inventions fails. Ed (Mitchell) welcomes Dex back to Good Burger with open arms and gives him his old job back. With a new crew working at Good Burger, Dex devises a plan to get back on his feet but unfortunately puts the fate of Good Burger at risk once again.”

Said Mitchell, “Ed is one of those timeless characters that has brought so much joy and laughter to fans, and it’s such a beautiful blessing to still be doing it after all these years. It’s super awesome to come back and continue the stories of Dex, Ed and Good Burger for both the people who grew up watching and their kids.”

Kevin Kopelow and Heath Seifert, who co-wrote the original film and worked on “All That”, serve as writers and executive producers on the sequel. James III is also a writer on the film. Phil Traill will direct. Nickelodeon Studios will produce. Production of the movie for Nickelodeon Studios is overseen by Shauna Phelan and Zack Olin, co-heads of Nickelodeon & Awesomeness Live-Action. Brittany Cope serves as Nickelodeon’s executive in charge of production.

“We’re thrilled to take audiences’ orders for more laughter and adventures with the ‘Good Burger’ crew,” said Tanya Giles, chief programming officer of Paramount Streaming. “‘Good Burger 2’ will be a great addition to our 2023 programming slate and is sure to serve up everything ‘All That’ fans and new viewers alike will enjoy.”

Thompson is repped by UTA and NCredible Entertainment. Mitchell is repped by UTA and Levity Live.

“’Good Burger’ is such a beloved movie that fans have cherished for years,” Phelan and Olin said. “Packed with comedy, cameos and plenty of Easter eggs from the original, ‘Good Burger 2’ will bring the nostalgia fans and a new generation of viewers together for another wild, hilarious ‘Good Burger’ adventure.”

This marks the latest Nickelodeon property to get revived at Paramount+. The streamer also has the “iCarly” revival series, which has been renewed for a third season, as well as an updated version of “Rugrats” among others.
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/goo...ll-1235557782/

Ash Ketchum 03-18-23 09:52 AM

Re: Good Burger 2 (2023)

Like every GOOD BURGER reference on this forum, this has to be a joke.

milo bloom 03-18-23 07:32 PM

I’ll give it a watch.

TomOpus 03-18-23 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum (Post 14248750)
Like every GOOD BURGER reference on this forum, this has to be a joke.

Forum members should get free passes when it's released.

Mike86 03-18-23 08:34 PM

I’m happy to see it moving forward. Just glad to get Kenan and Kel together in a new project. Wondering how good it’ll actually be but I’m definitely interested in watching it.

RocShemp 03-18-23 08:43 PM

Did we ever get that Criterion Edition DVD of the first movie? If so, any plans to remaster it for a 4K UHD BD release?

TomOpus 05-21-23 05:40 AM

For anyone interested...

'GOOD BURGER 2' FIRST LOOK AT SEQUEL SET ...

Troy Stiffler 05-21-23 12:37 PM

Im sure I’ll enjoy it. I’m mostly gonna watch because of our stupid old joke on this forum.

mndtrp 05-23-23 10:43 AM

The time has come for this site. Too bad most of the people from around that time aren't here any more.

I haven't seen the first one in 20-ish years. I'll have to give it another go, maybe with the kids.

majorjoe23 05-23-23 04:38 PM

So I assume Janus Contemporaries will release this on disc, with an eventual Criterion version farther down the line.

Troy Stiffler 05-23-23 09:04 PM

Including the unreleased Ebert commentary.

Inhumans99 05-24-23 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by mndtrp (Post 14276248)
The time has come for this site. Too bad most of the people from around that time aren't here any more.

I haven't seen the first one in 20-ish years. I'll have to give it another go, maybe with the kids.

I never saw it in theaters, but due to this site mostly, I watched it quite a few years back when it was on cable. Since then I have seen it at least 1 more time sometime in the past 1-2 years. I missed grabbing the steelbook when it was cheaper than it is now on Amazon, but if it drops to around $10 again I will probably buy a copy. I already know I will not see this in theaters, but it should be fun to watch when it hits Paramount+.

It is not a good film, but I like the cast and it is just a doofy film that is easy to watch in the background while you futz around with your phone or tablet. The movie should turn more folks off of fast food than it has (myself included), but alas...I still eat a lot of fast food stuff. I should know better, lol.

dex14 06-29-23 08:15 AM

A series of newly announced cast members are being welcomed to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger. Paramount+ and Nickelodeon Studios revealed Thursday morning that Josh Server, Lori Beth Denberg and Carmen Electra will reprise their roles from the 1997 nostalgic favorite for its upcoming sequel “Good Burger 2.”

Joining the trio of returning actors alongside leads Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell are an expansive slate of newcomers. Lil Rel Howery will play Cecil McNevin, a lawyer from the suspiciously titled MegaCorp, while Jillian Bell will play Katt Boswell, the corporation’s CEO.

Alex R. Hibbert will play Ed2, the doppelganger son to Mitchell’s Ed. Kamaia Fairburn, Fabrizio Guido, Anabel Graetz and twins Elizabeth and Emily Hinkler round out the cast playing the crew of Good Burger employees. Paramount+ and Nickelodeon Studios tease that additional celebrity cameo announcements are still on the horizon.

“Good Burger” originated as a 1994 sketch on the Nickelodeon comedy show “All That,” introducing audiences to the customer conundrums of the oblivious but cheery fast food cashier Ed, played by Mitchell. Mitchell was joined by “All That” peer Thompson to lead the 1997 film adaptation from Paramount Pictures. Denberg and Server were also cast members of “All That” and played featured roles in the feature.

Thompson and Mitchell are producing “Good Burger 2.” Kevin Kopelow and Heath Seifert, who co-wrote the original film, are penning the new feature with James III. Kopelow and Seifert serve as executive producers alongside John Ryan Jr. for Artists for Artists. The film is slated to premiere on Paramount+ later this year.
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/g...ll-1235657538/

Damfino 07-18-23 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by mndtrp (Post 14276248)

I’m still here! :wave:

Troy Stiffler 07-18-23 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Damfino (Post 14298289)
I’m still here! :wave:

Says them. I think it has created a more personal site. If I wanna discuss movies, life, and politics with 10,000 strangers I go on Reddit or TikTok.

dex14 08-21-23 06:10 PM

SmackDaddy 08-21-23 06:54 PM

So, when are we shutting down Movie Talk? It serves no purpose now, unless the universal answer is now Good Burger 3....3D.

dex14 09-18-23 09:56 AM

We're eating good this Thanksgiving...

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...ba15ed2985.jpg