Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Spirit Halloween: The Movie (2022) S: a bunch of kids, Christopher Lloyd, Rachel Leigh Cook

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Spirit Halloween: The Movie (2022) S: a bunch of kids, Christopher Lloyd, Rachel Leigh Cook

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-22, 04:56 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

When a new pop-up Halloween store opens in a deserted strip mall, three middle school friends who think they’ve outgrown trick or treating make a dare to spend the night locked inside the store Halloween night. But they soon find out that the store is haunted by an angry evil spirit who has possessed the creepy animatronic characters. The kids will need to embark on a thrilling and spooky adventure in order to survive the night and avoid becoming possessed themselves.
The store becomes a movie with Spirit Halloween: The Movie this Halloween season, and today Bloody Disgusting is debuting the second trailer along with some new information.

Bloody Disgusting has learned that the film will have a limited theatrical release beginning September 30, as well as special event screenings taking place that same weekend at the Nashville Film Festival and Popcorn Frights Wicked Weekend in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

The film will be released on all VOD platforms on October 11 followed by DVD and soundtrack releases later that month.

Spirit Halloween: The Movie is the feature directorial debut of David Poag and stars Christopher Lloyd, Rachael Leigh Cook, Marla Gibbs, and a fantastic cast of up-and-coming talent, including Donovan Colan, Marissa Reyes, Jaiden J. Smith and Dylan Martin Frankel, many of whom are making their big screen debuts.

The film tells the story of three middle school friends who spend the night locked inside a Spirit Halloween store, only to discover that the store is haunted.

The film features a wide range of iconic animatronics characters and set pieces created by Spirit Halloween. The production entered an overall partnership with the Spirit Halloween store during pre-production, with both parties collaborating on the film through the upcoming October release.

“Spirit Halloween has an incredible and engaged fan base, so when we heard Hideout Pictures was interested in making a film inspired by our store and product, we knew our fans would go crazy for it,” said Kym Sarkos, Executive Vice President at Spirit Halloween. “We partnered with the movie production company early on to ensure that everything from the store layout to the animatronics themselves felt authentic to our brand and would bring to life the magic that our fans know and love about Spirit Halloween.”

Produced by Hideout Pictures and Particular Crowd, the film is inspired by the nation’s largest Halloween retailer, Spirit Halloween.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ion-exclusive/
Old 09-08-22, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Re: Spirit Halloween: The Movie (2022) S: a bunch of kids, Christopher Lloyd, Rachel Leigh Cook

I don't expect this to stay in theaters for very long.
Old 09-08-22, 09:07 PM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Re: Spirit Halloween: The Movie (2022) S: a bunch of kids, Christopher Lloyd, Rachel Leigh Cook

Originally Posted by Decker
I don't expect this to stay in theaters for very long.
I heard they're screening it in the old K-Mart.

And Sears.

And Circuit City.
The following 2 users liked this post by story:
IBJoel (09-09-22), The Cow (09-08-22)
Old 09-08-22, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

Looks like Nickelodeon.
Old 09-08-22, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

It looks similar to something like Are You Afraid of the Dark? or Goosebumps. Could be alright to stream.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (09-09-22)
Old 09-09-22, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

So a 90 minute commercial? Streaming it will be to watch for me. "Free" streaming that is.
Old 09-09-22, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,206 Likes on 2,069 Posts

Originally Posted by story
I heard they're screening it in the old K-Mart.

And Sears.

And Circuit City.
I came in here to make that joke.

I got nothing else to add about this movie.
Old 09-09-22, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I mean it's no Target: the movie (ie: Career Opportunities)