Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Old 08-17-22, 10:58 PM
  #76  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
tanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Gator Nation
Posts: 8,848
Received 608 Likes on 430 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Smoke inhalation and thermal injuries? No mention of a TBI? That's kind of strange.
Old 08-18-22, 12:56 PM
  #77  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,076
Received 175 Likes on 135 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

It says that due to her death that the authorities have ceased their criminal investigation of Heche regarding the accident. Isn't her being declared at fault in the accident still important as there is likely to be a lawsuit against her estate for the monetary damages she caused to the home owner's residence?
Old 08-18-22, 01:14 PM
  #78  
DVD Talk Legend
 
ViewAskewbian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Just around the corner to the light of day.
Posts: 14,975
Received 751 Likes on 455 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
It says that due to her death that the authorities have ceased their criminal investigation of Heche regarding the accident. Isn't her being declared at fault in the accident still important as there is likely to be a lawsuit against her estate for the monetary damages she caused to the home owner's residence?
Agreed. I mean, if the coke in her system or another aspect contributed to her jumping the curb, then, yeah, that should certainly factor into things. It seems like an about face but, I mean, this very well could have just been a horrible accident without drugs or booze coming into play which seems to be where this path is going. I don't think an official toxicology report in full has come out. I mean, in the end, the result of what actually killed her (as now reported) would be the same if said report was released and she was totally plastered and high on coke at the same time .
Old 08-18-22, 02:52 PM
  #79  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
philo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: under the sofa cushions
Posts: 1,050
Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

I know the homeowner expressed condolences and raised 150 G's from generous people but this is America. What are the chances they don't file a lawsuit at some point? Whether Heche had drugs in her system or not there's video of her leaving the scene of one accident and flying like a bat out of hell down the street leading to the crash with no one else involved. It's reckless driving. I don't know how much her insurance would cover but I'd bet lawyers are lining up drooling at a big settlement with the estate.
Old 08-18-22, 09:42 PM
  #80  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
tanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Gator Nation
Posts: 8,848
Received 608 Likes on 430 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Originally Posted by philo View Post
I know the homeowner expressed condolences and raised 150 G's from generous people but this is America. What are the chances they don't file a lawsuit at some point? Whether Heche had drugs in her system or not there's video of her leaving the scene of one accident and flying like a bat out of hell down the street leading to the crash with no one else involved. It's reckless driving. I don't know how much her insurance would cover but I'd bet lawyers are lining up drooling at a big settlement with the estate.
As well they should in this case IMO.
Old 08-19-22, 06:54 AM
  #81  
TGM
DVD Talk Legend
 
TGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,685
Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

so odd how she sat right up before going into the ambulance.... kinda creepy.
Old 08-20-22, 06:39 PM
  #82  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
mickey65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,511
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Originally Posted by TGM View Post
so odd how she sat right up before going into the ambulance.... kinda creepy.
It was probably from shock and intense pain from her skin being burned in the fire.

I watched another movie of hers the other night, "Wild Side" with Christopher Walken and Joan Chen. The rape scene in the movie was something else. All I could think about was how she said she was raped by her father as a girl, and then the fact she allowed herself to film that scene for the movie. It was pretty intense.
Old 08-21-22, 11:50 PM
  #83  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,689
Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Originally Posted by mickey65 View Post
It was probably from shock and intense pain from her skin being burned in the fire.

I watched another movie of hers the other night, "Wild Side" with Christopher Walken and Joan Chen. The rape scene in the movie was something else. All I could think about was how she said she was raped by her father as a girl, and then the fact she allowed herself to film that scene for the movie. It was pretty intense.
How did you find “Wild Side” — doesn’t seem to be available from any streaming service or for download from Apple
Old 08-22-22, 12:33 AM
  #84  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
mickey65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,511
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Originally Posted by Ted Todorov View Post
How did you find “Wild Side” — doesn’t seem to be available from any streaming service or for download from Apple
I taped it off of one of the movie channels a long time ago (back in the late 90's).
Old 08-22-22, 12:48 AM
  #85  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
mwbmis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Land of Lincoln
Posts: 6,809
Received 140 Likes on 116 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

It's also available on physical media. The R-rated cut is on Amazon, but I imported the unrated version a few years ago.
Old 08-22-22, 04:13 PM
  #86  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
mickey65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,511
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
It's also available on physical media. The R-rated cut is on Amazon, but I imported the unrated version a few years ago.
I saw on Amazon for the DVD in the reviews that the sex scene with Anne Heche and Joan Chen was cut out. So glad my taped version is the uncut version. It was pretty steamy...
Old 08-22-22, 04:32 PM
  #87  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 64,714
Received 3,765 Likes on 2,534 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Why did they add the year to this thread title? Is anyone getting this topic confused with Anne Heche 53 Dies After Fiery Car Accident (1983)?
Old 08-22-22, 04:57 PM
  #88  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Crocker Jarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 7,750
Received 225 Likes on 162 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Why did they add the year to this thread title? Is anyone getting this topic confused with Anne Heche 53 Dies After Fiery Car Accident (1983)?
Theory: Often, a year (or more) old thread announcing the death of a celebrity will be bumped, causing confusion in posters, who see the title and thinking it's a new post go, "Huh, I thought Norm Macdonald was already dead", leading to numerous posts like, "Again?" or "I read two pages of this thread before I realized it was a decade old". So the mods probably decided on a (good) policy to add the date to the title of death threads to prevent this confusion. Though I concede a death a dramatic as Anne Heche's might not have needed it.
The following users liked this post:
story (08-25-22)
Old 08-25-22, 02:08 PM
  #89  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 12,345
Received 1,195 Likes on 709 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Why did they add the year to this thread title? Is anyone getting this topic confused with Anne Heche 53 Dies After Fiery Car Accident (1983)?
Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen View Post
Theory: Often, a year (or more) old thread announcing the death of a celebrity will be bumped, causing confusion in posters, who see the title and thinking it's a new post go, "Huh, I thought Norm Macdonald was already dead", leading to numerous posts like, "Again?" or "I read two pages of this thread before I realized it was a decade old". So the mods probably decided on a (good) policy to add the date to the title of death threads to prevent this confusion. Though I concede a death a dramatic as Anne Heche's might not have needed it.
Yep.
Old 09-02-22, 12:33 PM
  #90  
DVD Talk Legend
 
ViewAskewbian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Just around the corner to the light of day.
Posts: 14,975
Received 751 Likes on 455 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Anne Heche death: Horrific details revealed in firefighter radio recordings (msn.com)

Radio recordings obtained from the Los Angeles Fire Department reveal grisly details about the rescue of actor Anne Heche after she crashed her Mini Cooper into a home on Aug. 5, igniting an inferno.

Heche, 53, died from
smoke inhalation and burns, according to a coroner's report that ruled her death an accident. Heche was in a coma for a week before being pronounced brain dead and taken off life support on Aug. 14 after a compatible organ recipient was found.

Records obtained by NBC Los Angeles revealed that firefighters at the scene of the crash were initially confused about whether there was someone in the car that needed saving. The time-stamped recordings show that it took over 45 minutes for Heche to be rescued from her burning vehicle.
Old 09-02-22, 01:38 PM
  #91  
DVD Talk Legend
 
d2cheer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 11,112
Received 211 Likes on 150 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Sound like prepping for a lawsuit.
Firefighters took to long yada yada...
Old 09-02-22, 02:00 PM
  #92  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,518
Received 1,973 Likes on 1,311 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

I read an article that said they knew she was in the car but because of the smoke and fire, took about 20 minutes just to get to her then another 20 minutes to get her out.
Old 09-02-22, 04:14 PM
  #93  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 38,443
Received 942 Likes on 683 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

I've had firefighting training several times in the Navy. The heat can be tremendous. Most of you would know how bad a small backyard bbq gets.
Old 09-02-22, 04:53 PM
  #94  
TGM
DVD Talk Legend
 
TGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,685
Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

i guess I just keep going back to the video of her sitting up and not looking burnt at all (granted from behind).
Old 11-15-22, 03:50 AM
  #95  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
philo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: under the sofa cushions
Posts: 1,050
Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

As expected.

ANNE HECHE ESTATE SUED BY WOMAN WHOSE HOME WAS DESTROYED IN CAR CRASH
Lynne is going after Anne's estate for at least $2 million in damages.
https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/14/anne-...estroyed-fire/

I guess the $175K+ people donated didn't quite cover it.
Old 11-15-22, 10:18 AM
  #96  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,351
Received 239 Likes on 187 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Originally Posted by philo View Post
I know the homeowner expressed condolences and raised 150 G's from generous people but this is America. What are the chances they don't file a lawsuit at some point? Whether Heche had drugs in her system or not there's video of her leaving the scene of one accident and flying like a bat out of hell down the street leading to the crash with no one else involved. It's reckless driving. I don't know how much her insurance would cover but I'd bet lawyers are lining up drooling at a big settlement with the estate.
Originally Posted by philo View Post
As expected.
ANNE HECHE ESTATE SUED BY WOMAN WHOSE HOME WAS DESTROYED IN CAR CRASH
https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/14/anne-...estroyed-fire/
I guess the $175K+ people donated didn't quite cover it.
Can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. Why should the kindness of strangers cover for some coked-up celebrity? (fentanyl too, according to your link) I'm sure any settlement will be less than $2 million anyway, but one has to start somewhere, and it's the principle of the thing. I'd hate to see voluntary crowdfunding become the sole compensation system for innocent people whose lives or livelihoods are devastated by the bad decisions or intentions of others.

Last edited by Brian T; 11-15-22 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-15-22, 10:35 AM
  #97  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Runaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 1,204
Received 246 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
Can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. Why should the kindness of strangers cover for some coked-up celebrity? (fentanyl too, according to your link) I'm sure any settlement will be less than $2 million anyway, but one has to start somewhere, and it's the principle of the thing. I'd hate to see voluntary crowdfunding become the sole compensation system for innocent people whose lives or livelihoods are devastated by the bad decisions or intentions of others.
The crowdfunding was a nice gesture or actually a lot of them, but the damage was done by a driver under the influence, so the estate is liable.
The following 2 users liked this post by Runaway:
Brian T (11-15-22), story (11-15-22)
Old 11-15-22, 10:38 AM
  #98  
DVD Talk Legend
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,972
Received 580 Likes on 440 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

Originally Posted by philo View Post
As expected.

ANNE HECHE ESTATE SUED BY WOMAN WHOSE HOME WAS DESTROYED IN CAR CRASH

https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/14/anne-...estroyed-fire/

I guess the $175K+ people donated didn't quite cover it.
For a home in LA and its contents, would you really expect it to be covered by $175k?
The following users liked this post:
Brian T (11-15-22)
Old 11-15-22, 10:51 AM
  #99  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
jpcamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: MA
Posts: 7,286
Received 259 Likes on 187 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

I was astounded at the property values in LA, my wife and I were on vacation a few weeks ago and I would periodically open Realtor for shits and giggles and million-dollar homes would go for maybe 500K out my way.

This is a time when I support the homeowner suing someone. It's sad she died but Heche was completely at fault and her estate should be held liable. It's not like it will come out of her own money anyway as we all have car insurance etc. although I wonder if her being under the influence shifts liability to her person...
Old 11-15-22, 12:02 PM
  #100  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Toddarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northeastern Wisconsin
Posts: 3,833
Received 587 Likes on 401 Posts
Re: Anne Heche, 53, dies after fiery car accident (2022)

It seems kind of shitty to take this out on her kids who presumably received her estate when she passed. They had nothing to do with this.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.