Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Don't Make Me Go (2022, D: Marks) S: John Cho, Mia Isaac

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 07-11-22, 07:13 AM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

When single father Max (John Cho) discovers he has a terminal disease, he decides to try and cram all the years of love and support he will miss with his teenage daughter Wally (Mia Isaac) into the time he has left with her. With the promise of long-awaited driving lessons, he convinces Wally to accompany him on a road trip from California to New Orleans for his 20th college reunion, where he secretly hopes to reunite her with her mother who left them long ago. A wholly original, emotional and surprising journey, Don’t Make Me Go explores the unbreakable, eternal bond between a father and daughter from both sides of the generational divide with heart and humor along for the ride.
Old 07-16-22, 08:45 AM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts
Re: Don't Make Me Go (2022, D: Marks) S: John Cho, Mia Isaac

Reviews: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dont_make_me_go Pretty split and I totally get it. The ending of this really pulls the rug out from under you. Geez.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it. John Cho has been doing some really great work over the last few years.

I am fan of Hannah Marks and the work she's been doing as writer, director, and actor. This was a big step up in directing.