Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
1.82%
5.45%
25.45%
23.64%
25.45%
5.45%
3.64%
5.45%
0%
1.82%
1.82%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Old 09-26-22, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Received 697 Likes on 421 Posts
Re: Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by Obi-Wanma View Post
It has been confirmed by both Tessa Thompson and Kevin Fegie that Valkyrie is an LGBTQ character
Yeah, even in the flashback of the Valkyries fighting Hela in Ragnarok, Tessa Thompson Valkyrie cradles the body of the blonde Brunnhilde Valkyrie, heavily implying they are lovers, which was confirmed in interviews.
Old 09-27-22, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Wtf accent was Crowe using as Zeus? Zeus was Greek god, no? I dunno wth he was murmuring.
Supposedly that was a Greek accent. Whatever it was, I thought it sounded ridiculous.

https://thedirect.com/article/thor-l...-russell-crowe
Old 11-23-22, 06:39 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 607 Likes on 521 Posts

This was a much better experience in 3D. I didn’t even pay attention the first two times I saw and pretty much disliked. But, had to get the Blu 3D. Great depth.

Better overall, but still not a great superhero movie and if they are setting up Hercules to be his next nemesis I don’t think it would be good. Thor 3 was the high mark and bar that set. None of other 3 really comes close to a fun superhero movie. I did love Brett Goldstein as Hercules, but he def does not look the part of this mythological son of Zeus. Did Thor really fight him in comics?
Old 11-23-22, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

Did Thor really fight him in comics?
Thor hardly ever stood a chance
Spoiler:

The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (11-28-22)
Old 11-24-22, 10:25 AM

guess not.
Old 11-25-22, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 651 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
It's not like she was out of character. She didn't behave that different in Ragnarok.
I agree ... to an extent. I'm not quite sure how to explain, but it didn't feel exactly like the same Valkyrie. Her mannerisms were much more Loki-like. In Ragnarok she was very much about just getting the job done so she could "booze and relax" -- a true bounty hunter. Here, it was more like "I thought I wanted to rule, but my god, now that I have it, it is so beneath me and boring" which felt much more on par with Loki.

... and these feel more like Loki than Valykrie, who favors a sword (Dragonfang).

Old 11-25-22, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

A lot was reshot/reworked in this movie (just look at the Zeus deleted scenes that feature a completely different character dynamic between he and Thor) so I wouldn't be surprised if at one point Loki was to make an appearance and it was later nixed.
Old 11-26-22, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 688 Likes on 509 Posts

Wtf accent was Crowe using as Zeus? Zeus was Greek god, no? I dunno wth he was murmuring.

And, that b/w scene was so odd and so wrong for this movie. I dunno wth Waititi was thinking with the whole production.
Wait! . . . WTF?

Has Chris Hemsworth been posting as OldBoy for all these years?

Now I am going to have to go back and reevaluate whatever nonsense OldBoy was posting about the Ghostbusters and Red Dawn remakes.
Old 11-26-22, 09:49 AM

it's nonsense to call a movie, bad (imo)?
Old 11-26-22, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

it's nonsense to call a movie, bad (imo)?
It's just a joke, Chris.
Old 11-26-22, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

What makes Count Dooku think Old Boy is really Chris Hemsworth? Or is this a forum joke that developed during my absence (like how there was a poster people would joke was really Tila Tequila)?
Why So Blu? (11-26-22)
Old 11-26-22, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,327 Posts

No, it’s new. Seems to be an inside joke between Count Dooku and Count Dooku.
The following 2 users liked this post by GoldenJCJ:
OldBoy (11-27-22), whotony (12-02-22)
Old 11-26-22, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
What makes Count Dooku think Old Boy is really Chris Hemsworth? Or is this a forum joke that developed during my absence (like how there was a poster people would joke was really Tila Tequila)?
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
No, it’s new. Seems to be an inside joke between Count Dooku and Count Dooku.
Are both of you unaware of what Hemsworth has been implying about his opinion of Waititi's take on Thor? It's been all over my Google Newsfeed for days.
Old 11-27-22, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 608 Likes on 430 Posts

Enlighten us. I must have missed it too.
Old 11-27-22, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tanman View Post
Enlighten us. I must have missed it too.
Hemsworth appeared on a podcast and said that he is interested in returning for a fifth Thor film, but that "it would have to be a drastically different version in tone" from where Waititi took the character.

Some examples of the Headlines attached to reporting this information:

Chris Hemsworth Doesn't Approve Of Taika Waititi's Thor

Chris Hemsworth Says His Return To The MCU Depends On Thor Being Portrayed “Drastically Different” From Taika Waititi’s Bastardization

Old 11-27-22, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

*BREAKING NEWS*

Thor 5 is a go under new old Disney CEO Bob Iger. "We have great faith in Taika, and have tapped him to write, direct, produce, star, sing, and dance in Thor 5. We have a great idea on how to take the character in a new direction, but stay true to the roots that have worked."

When asked about the future of actor Chris Hemsworth (aka, famous DVDTalk influencer Old Boy), Iger was rather cryptic. "We are in the process of revamping all the Chrises. Captain America's mantle has been handed down. We will see Star Lord's journey come to an end in Guardians 3. It is only fitting that Thor gets a much needed makeover. I will say this ... we have already seen this Thor and there will be a Hemsworth in the role."

That's right, you heard that correctly. The only thing Iger can mean is that Luke Hemsworth will be taking up the Thor mantle. Pair that with his comments on Waititi's role and we can only surmise the next Thor movie will occur in the theatrical world shown in previous Thor movies. Bring on Matt Damon, Melissa McCarthy, and Sam O'Neill!
The Cow (11-27-22)
Old 11-27-22, 01:16 PM

Received 3,245 Likes on 2,205 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku View Post
Are both of you unaware of what Hemsworth has been implying about his opinion of Waititi's take on Thor? It's been all over my Google Newsfeed for days.
Hemsworth appeared on a podcast and said that he is interested in returning for a fifth Thor film, but that "it would have to be a drastically different version in tone" from where Waititi took the character.

Some examples of the Headlines attached to reporting this information:

Chris Hemsworth Doesn't Approve Of Taika Waititi's Thor

Chris Hemsworth Says His Return To The MCU Depends On Thor Being Portrayed “Drastically Different” From Taika Waititi’s Bastardization

He never said anything that those headlines claim or about Waiti specifically. What he said was:

“You look at Thor 1 and 2, they were quite similar. Ragnarok and Love and Thunder are similar. I think it’s about reinventing it. I’ve had such a unique opportunity with Infinity War and Endgame to do very drastic things with the character. I enjoy that, I like keeping people on their toes. It keeps me on my toes. It keeps me invested. I’ve said this before but when it becomes too familiar, I think there’s a risk in getting lazy then because I know what I’m doing. I don’t know if I’m even invited back, but if I was, I think it would have to be a drastically different version in tone, everything, just for my own sanity… [laughs] Thor lost his mind that last one. He’s got to figure it out now.”
IBJoel (11-30-22)
Old 11-27-22, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
He never said anything that those headlines claim or about Waiti specifically. What he said was:

“You look at Thor 1 and 2, they were quite similar. Ragnarok and Love and Thunder are similar. I think it’s about reinventing it. I’ve had such a unique opportunity with Infinity War and Endgame to do very drastic things with the character. I enjoy that, I like keeping people on their toes. It keeps me on my toes. It keeps me invested. I’ve said this before but when it becomes too familiar, I think there’s a risk in getting lazy then because I know what I’m doing. I don’t know if I’m even invited back, but if I was, I think it would have to be a drastically different version in tone, everything, just for my own sanity… [laughs] Thor lost his mind that last one. He’s got to figure it out now.”
I completely agree. That's why I specifically wrote "implying" and not "saying" in my post.
It would have been more correct to write: Are both of you unaware of an interview Hemsworth did, and what has been inferred from what he said, regarding his opinion of Waititi's take on Thor?

However, he also made comments in another interview about his displeasure working with "mad genius" directors, then praising his recent experience with George Miller as a director. Again, though he did not name Waititi, the comments about not wanting to work with a mad genius again were inferred as a shot at the Kiwi director.

Regardless the hot take in the media is that Hemsworth thinks it is Waititi's fault that Thor 4 was a bad movie, which is the same opinion OldBoy posted.

But it was just supposed to be a silly little joke based on a news story that I thought anyone clicking on this thread would be familiar with.

Personally, I would take ANYTHING Hemsworth has to say with a grain of salt considering he has Alzheimer's.
Old 11-27-22, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
*BREAKING NEWS*

Thor 5 is a go under new old Disney CEO Bob Iger. "We have great faith in Taika, and have tapped him to write, direct, produce, star, sing, and dance in Thor 5. We have a great idea on how to take the character in a new direction, but stay true to the roots that have worked."
The sing and dance made me actually LOL.
Old 11-27-22, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Received 927 Likes on 647 Posts

I completely agree. That's why I specifically wrote "implying" and not "saying" in my post.
It would have been more correct to write: Are both of you unaware of an interview Hemsworth did, and what has been inferred from what he said, regarding his opinion of Waititi's take on Thor?

However, he also made comments in another interview about his displeasure working with "mad genius" directors, then praising his recent experience with George Miller as a director. Again, though he did not name Waititi, the comments about not wanting to work with a mad genius again were inferred as a shot at the Kiwi director.

Regardless the hot take in the media is that Hemsworth thinks it is Waititi's fault that Thor 4 was a bad movie, which is the same opinion OldBoy posted.

But it was just supposed to be a silly little joke based on a news story that I thought anyone clicking on this thread would be familiar with.

Personally, I would take ANYTHING Hemsworth has to say with a grain of salt considering he has Alzheimer's.
I had no idea you were such a Chris Hemsworth scholar!

So I looked it up, and he has a 'much higher than average chance' of developing Alzheimer's Disease. He does not currently have it.
Old 11-27-22, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kurt D View Post

So I looked it up, and he has a 'much higher than average chance' of developing Alzheimer's Disease. He does not currently have it.
Like I said, there have been multiple links to different articles talking about these interviews in my Google newsfeed everyday for the past four days. I don't know how anyone else has avoided it. I guess the Google algorithm has figured out that I like to click on misleading movie news and Blast stories about Dana Hamm.
Old 11-27-22, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Kurt D View Post

Another piece of information that started correctly but then got twisted. Hemsworth has Jotunheimer's, not Alzheimer's.
Kurt D (11-27-22)
Old 11-28-22, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
Obviously, that was a joke.

Old 11-28-22, 07:13 PM

I don’t understand, per usual, am I getting roasted here?
whotony (12-02-22)
Old 11-28-22, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don’t understand, per usual, am I getting roasted here?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.