Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Top Gun: Maverick (Kosinski, 2022) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Top Gun: Maverick (Kosinski, 2022)
28.21%
32.05%
25.64%
8.97%
1.28%
1.28%
2.56%
0%
0%
0%
0%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Top Gun: Maverick (Kosinski, 2022) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-22, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: Top Gun: Maverick (Kosinski, 2022) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Bill Hunt says digital rental is September 19th and physical media is probably November

Old 08-13-22, 12:59 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

don't rentals of still in theater movies open up on day of physical release? it could stream earlier for a purchase price and not necessarily rental.
Old 08-13-22, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Top Gun ticket sales are apparently still strong according to Fandango.

I have not seen a 100% confirmation on that August 23rd date for the digital release from the studio or a trade. Just some random posts on Twitter saying it's "Confirmed"

I am surprised that the physical media release may not come out until November. That's like the old school days of movies coming to home video. Almost 6 months.
Old 08-14-22, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Bill Hunt says digital rental is September 19th and physical media is probably November
That sounds about right to me. Hoping this will get more Imax times later this month, as it's just the early showtime(s) this wk I won't be able to make it. Looks like Beast gets Dolby next wk and AMC is having an Anime event film in Imax (not sure if those last all wk) I've never been an ebay seller but I wonder if picking multiple steelbooks might be worth a shot, hah!
Old 08-14-22, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Saw this today finally and fucking loved it.
The following 3 users liked this post by Maxflier:
Crocker Jarmen (08-14-22), T-bone22 (08-15-22), Throwing Copper (08-15-22)
Old 08-16-22, 10:08 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts
Re: Top Gun: Maverick (2022, D: Kosinski) -- S: Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise stars in the global phenomenon TOP GUN: MAVERICK, the #1 film of 2022 with over $1.3 billion in worldwide box office and the highest grossing film of the producer/actor’s acclaimed career. Hailed as “spectacular” (Brian Truitt, USA Today), “breathtaking” (Don Kaye, Den of Geek) and “jaw-dropping” (Sean O’Connell, Cinemablend) TOP GUN: MAVERICK lands on Digital August 23, 2022 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD November 1 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

SEE IT AGAIN IN THEATRES
AND BRING IT HOME ON DIGITAL AUGUST 23, 2022
WITH OVER 110 MINUTES OF BONUS CONTENT

“One of the greatest movies ever made”
-Joey Paur, Geek Tyrant

“A high-octane spectacle the likes of which the world has never seen”
-Matt Neglia, Next Best Picture

“The perfect adrenaline rush”
-Emma Stefansky, Thrillist

TOM CRUISE STARS IN THE YEAR’S BIGGEST MOVIE EVENT

Special features:
  • Ready for Flight - Witness the most intense training program as the cast prepares to shoot in the fighter jet under the influence of multiple G-forces.
  • Breaking New Ground - Shooting TOP GUN: MAVERICK - Get ready for take off as you join the cast and crew behind the scenes of TOP GUN: MAVERICK on a mission to film the most spectacular flight scenes ever!
  • A LOVE LETTER TO AVIATION - Tom Cruise shares his passion for the art of flight while flying his own machine: a WWII P-51 Mustang that would have been the Top Gun aircraft of its day.
  • The Creation of the Darkstar - Get a glimpse of the future of aviation - well beyond the Mach-10 limit - through the impressive experimental aircraft specially designed for the film.
  • "Hold My Hand" - Lady Gaga Music Video - Watch Lady Gaga's music video for the hit lead single from the TOP GUN: MAVERICK soundtrack.
  • “I Ain't Worried” - OneRepublic Music Video - Watch the music video for the new song from OneRepublic.
  • Masterclass with Tom Cruise - Cannes Film Festival - Tom Cruise talks about his incredible career at the flagship event of the 75th Cannes Film Festival. (only included on the 4K Ultra HD)

TOP GUN: MAVERICK 4K Ultra HD
The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc™ boasts a Dolby Atmos® soundtrack remixed specifically for the home to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead, and Dolby Vision™ high dynamic range (HDR), which delivers greater brightness and contrast, as well as a fuller palette of rich colors.** The film will also be available in a 4K Ultra HD SteelBook.™ The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray includes access to a Digital copy of the film as well as “Cleared For Take Off,” “Breaking New Ground – Filming Top Gun: Maverick,” “A Love Letter To Aviation,” “Forging The Darkstar,” “Masterclass with Tom Cruise – Cannes Film Festival,” and the two music videos.

TOP GUN: MAVERICK Blu-ray
The TOP GUN: MAVERICK Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with Dolby Atmos. The Blu-ray includes access to a Digital copy of the film as well as “Cleared For Take Off,” “Breaking New Ground – Filming Top Gun: Maverick,” “A Love Letter To Aviation,” “Forging The Darkstar,” and the two music videos.

TOP GUN: MAVERICK DVD
The DVD includes the feature film in standard definition.

TOP GUN: MAVERICK Synopsis
After more than 30 years of service as a top naval aviator, Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (Tom Cruise) is where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a courageous test pilot. Yet, Maverick must confront the ghosts of his past when he returns to TOP GUN to train a group of elite graduates and comes face-to-face with Lt. Bradshaw (Miles Teller), the son of his former wingman, “Goose”. Bitter rivalries ignite as the pilots prepare for a specialized mission, which will require the ultimate sacrifice from those chosen to fly it.

TOP GUN: MAVERICK
Street Dates: August 23, 2022 (Digital)
November 1, 2022 (4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD)
U.S. Rating: PG-13 for sequences of intense action, and some strong language

*Availability of bonus content varies by digital retailer
**Dolby Atmos enabled devices are also required to experience Dolby Atmos at home. To experience Dolby Vision on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc, a Dolby Vision enabled TV is required with a Dolby Vision enabled 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player.
Old 08-16-22, 01:45 PM

Re: Top Gun: Maverick (2022, D: Kosinski) -- S: Tom Cruise

can't wait to see it again and again and...!
Old 08-21-22, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Caught a late matinee today for my 4th and final time seeing it in the theater. It's now just on regular screens. I'm good until this hits 4K UHD disc in November. I don't plan to purchase the digital copy on Tuesday since the disc comes with it anyways.

I was going to see it in Dolby during the fan appreciation screenings last week, but there was a scheduling/technical issue at the theater. But, I did manage to get 3 copies of the free poster.

They promoted some bonus behind the scenes footage for those screenings and it was shown on my screening today. It was basically a short featurette. Probably about 3-5 minutes about the actors filming on the air craft carrier. Something you would see in the bonus features on the disc.
Old 08-22-22, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

They promoted some bonus behind the scenes footage for those screenings and it was shown on my screening today. It was basically a short featurette. Probably about 3-5 minutes about the actors filming on the air craft carrier.
I managed to catch my 3rd Imax screening last week, and saw the same thing....I don't know why they even bother with something like this. But I was relieved the previews were only 15min! Bring on the steelbook release!

Last edited by Artman; 08-22-22 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-22-22, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

But, I did manage to get 3 copies of the free poster.

I would like to buy one if you have 3 of them, also wouldn’t mind a Don J Funko Pop. 😁
Old 08-22-22, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts

Came here to read about people’s thoughts on the film; ended up scanning past pages of talk of it being homoerotic America propaganda. Never change, DVDTalk…
Old 08-22-22, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
Came here to read about people’s thoughts on the film; ended up scanning past pages of talk of it being homoerotic America propaganda. Never change, DVDTalk…
There was like one post about that.
Old 08-22-22, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts

One post? Lol I literally just went through the full thread. The two topics combined account for like a third of the posts.
Old 08-22-22, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
One post? Lol I literally just went through the full thread. The two topics combined account for like a third of the posts.
I meant one poster

Basically, this movie needed more shirtless volleyball, not less
Old 08-22-22, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,068 Posts

If you guys aren’t masturbating furiously while watching this movie, well, I don’t know what to tell you. I guess you’re just not movie lovers like me.
The following users liked this post:
RichC2 (08-22-22)
Old 08-23-22, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

But, I did manage to get 3 copies of the free poster.
I don't know if other AMCs are like mine but anytime they have a poster giveaway, they just stack them by the entrance. Anyone can grab 'em.
Old 08-23-22, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

#6 highest grossing film of all time at the domestic box office, passing ‘Avengers: Infinity War’.
Old 08-23-22, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TomOpus
I don't know if other AMCs are like mine but anytime they have a poster giveaway, they just stack them by the entrance. Anyone can grab 'em.
In my one experience of getting an exclusive poster (World War Z), they had them at a table right next to the theater and only handed them to customers exiting the theater at the end of the movie. I guess YMMV.
Old 08-23-22, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
In my one experience of getting an exclusive poster (World War Z), they had them at a table right next to the theater and only handed them to customers exiting the theater at the end of the movie. I guess YMMV.
I don't know if that would work at my AMC. 14 different theaters share 3 possible building exits (main middle and two end exits). An employee would have to stand outside that specific screen to hand them to those that actually saw the movie.

Unless you're using "theater" to mean "screen". I think of the building as theater.
Old 08-23-22, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I’m referring to the actual auditoriums as the theater. So, you’d exit “Auditorium 1” and there was a table on your way to the lobby where they would hand out the posters. Making it very difficult to grab a poster if you hadn’t seen that particular movie.
Old 08-23-22, 07:40 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Old 08-23-22, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Glen Powell’s parents have watched it almost as much as DJariya.
The following users liked this post:
DJariya (08-23-22)
Old 08-24-22, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

This shit is getting Dolby Cinema screenings at my AMC over 3,000 Years of Longing, which is irritating. I did get the digital 4K of it, because I'm not gonna wait until November for the 4K disc. I mean, I'm still buying the disc but I need my fix now. The digital 4K DV / Atmos looked and sounded great and it has shifting aspect ratios. This fucking movie.
Old 08-24-22, 07:50 PM

Bought the Vudu UHD for this since it comes with all the extras as physical or maybe one less, but i can live with that.

But, liked it more the second time. i was more tensely into it, more emotional. great watching it at home. great movie experience all around. glad i got to experience both.

and i am totally obsessed with Lady Gaga's song Hold My Hand. she is credited with score along with Faltermeyer and Hans Zimmer. glad she got credit there too as i heard her piano for Hold My Hand in the score during movie. and she looks so good in the video they had as an extra.

it deserves to be sixth all time domestic.
Old 08-30-22, 08:00 PM

Watching this for the third time. Still love it and catch things I missed first 2x. What a finely crafted popcorn movie!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.