Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

I Am Legend 2 - S: Will Smith, Michael B. Jordan

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

I Am Legend 2 - S: Will Smith, Michael B. Jordan

Old 03-07-22, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 401 Likes on 323 Posts
Re: I Am Legend 2 - S: Will Smith, Michael B. Jordan

Originally Posted by The Antipodean
Id only be down for this if they can CGI in Vincent Price and Charlton Heston and make this the No Way Home of Richard Matheson movie adaptations.
Why do you hate Mark Dacascos?
Old 02-15-23, 12:46 PM

Received 4,692 Likes on 3,179 Posts

Another tentpole is the sequel to I Am Legend, the 2007 film that grossed $585 million worldwide. Studio has been trying to crack it for years, and Goldsman would not say how Jordan fits into the last-man-on-earth storyline, but said the film will lean into the Richard Matheson novel the original was based on.

“This will start a few decades later than the first,” he said. “I’m obsessed with The Last of Us, where we see the world just post-apocalypse but also after a 20-30-year lapse. You see how the earth reclaims the world, and there’s something beautiful in the question of, as man steps away from being the primary tenant, what happens? That will be especially visual in New York. I don’t know if they’ll climb up to the empire state building, but the possibilities are endless. We trace back to the original Matheson book, and the alternate ending as opposed to the released ending in the original film. What Matheson was talking about was that man’s time on the planet as the dominant species had come to an end. That’s a really interesting thing we’re going to get to explore. There will be a little more fidelity to the original text.”
https://deadline.com/2023/02/akiva-g...ls-1235260641/
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (02-15-23)
Old 02-15-23, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,052 Likes on 1,582 Posts

I know this is about $$$ but I wonder if they actually use the book ending this time so the title makes sense?
Old 12-04-23, 12:12 PM

Received 4,692 Likes on 3,179 Posts

Will Smith shared new details about “I Am Legend 2,” which he stars in and produces alongside Michael B. Jordan, on Saturday night at the Red Sea International Film Festival in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The upcoming sequel is based on the alternate ending used in the 2007 post-apocalyptic sci-fi movie’s DVD release, rather than its theatrical version, in which his character dies, according to Smith.

Smith, who is one of a number of Hollywood A-list star guests at the third edition of the Red Sea Film Festival, also discussed “Bad Boys 4”, where he and co-star Martin Lawrence will reprise their roles in the earlier sequels of the original 1995 hit detective movie.

“I have a call with Michael B. Jordan tomorrow. We’re really close, script just came in,” Smith said of “I Am Legend 2” at one of the festival’s In Conversation events. “You have to be a real ‘I Am Legend’ buff to know this, but in the first, theatrical version, my character dies, but on the DVD there was an alternate version of the ending where my character lived. We are going with the mythology of the DVD version. I can’t tell you anything more, but Michael B. Jordan is in.”
https://variety.com/2023/film/global...nd-1235818843/