Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Scream VI (2023, D: Bettinelli-Olpin & Gillett)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Scream VI (2023, D: Bettinelli-Olpin & Gillett)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-22, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
re: Scream VI (2023, D: Bettinelli-Olpin & Gillett)

‘Mission: Impossible’s Henry Czerny Joins Next Scream Pic For Spyglass And Paramount

EXCLUSIVE: Henry Czerny is set to join the growing ensemble cast of the latest Scream installment at Paramount and Spyglass Media. Melissa Barrera, Jasmin Savoy Brown, Mason Gooding and Jenna Ortega are reprising their roles after making their first appearance in the most recent sequel, with Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett returning to direct.
https://deadline.com/2022/06/mission...nt-1235050857/
Old 06-23-22, 04:13 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

^^^ Ready or Not reunion.

There was some other casting announced the other day too:
Jack Champion, Liana Liberato, Devyn Nekoda and Josh Segarra are the latest additions to latest Scream installment at Paramount and Spyglass Media. Melissa Barrera, Jasmin Savoy Brown, Mason Gooding and Jenna Ortega are reprising their roles after making their first appearance in the most recent sequel with Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett returning to direct. Hayden Panettiere is returning to reprise her role from a previous installment and Dermot Mulroney is also on board.
https://deadline.com/2022/06/jack-ch...ic-1235047001/

Also, I didn't see this mentioned:
This won’t be the first time Ghostface leaves Woodsboro, but Bloody Disgusting can confirm a handful of reports that Scream 6 (or as I like to call it, Scream 666) will be taking place in New York City.

As the official Scream 6 plot description teases, the Scream saga continues with the four survivors of the Ghostface killings as they leave Woodsboro behind and start a fresh chapter.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...new-york-city/
Old 06-24-22, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Not sure if it was confirmed before but Courteney Cox is returning.

Of course, she also takes a break from comedies for movies like “Scream,” confirming she’ll be back for the sixth installment. “I did not die so yes you will see me,” she says. “Gale’s pretty strong. She may not ever [die], but who knows!”
https://variety.com/2022/tv/awards/c...-6-1235285411/
Old 06-24-22, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

^ When did Ghostface leave Woodsboro before?
Old 06-24-22, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
^ When did Ghostface leave Woodsboro before?
Scream 2 - Windsor College
Scream 3 - LA for the filming of Stab 3
Old 06-24-22, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

I thought the college was in (or near) Woodsboro.
Old 06-24-22, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I thought the college was in (or near) Woodsboro.
It's been years since I've seen it, but apparently the license plates indicate it is in OH.
Old 06-29-22, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

I was thinking about this franchise and was wondering if a prequel would work. I'm tired of sequels for this franchise.

I was thinking about the "Scream" painting (by Edvard Munch in 1893) and thought about fictionalizing that story:
  • Fictional plot - Munch is inspired to create the painting due to a series of killings. The "Ghostface" costume can be created to look the style of the 1890s. And even though Munch was in Norway, the plot would also be inspired by Jack the Ripper (England, 1888-1891).
Old 06-30-22, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Neve coming back for 6 and 7?

https://www.cbr.com/neve-campbell-re...eam-6-7-rumor/
The following users liked this post:
miller_time22 (07-01-22)
Old 07-14-22, 11:38 AM

More Ready or Not reunions!

Ghostface returns to theaters with the sixth installment in the Scream franchise next year and this time the surviving characters are heading to New York!

The film is already deep into production and yet the entire cast has not been revealed. In fact, Bloody Disgusting can exclusively report that horror maven Samara Weaving (Ready or Not, Mayhem, The Babysitter, “Ash vs Evil Dead”) has joined the cast of Scream 6 alongside Spider-Man: Homecoming & No Way Home‘s Tony Revolori.

Interestingly, Radio Silence’s Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett (Scream, Ready or Not), who are both back behind the camera for the sixth film, had initially reached out to Weaving for a role in the last film.

“We were talking about it, but our schedules aren’t gonna work, which is a bummer,” Weaving had told Collider back in 2020. “We talked about it a lot, but unfortunately, because of scheduling, I couldn’t do it.”

Stars have aligned on Scream 6, which will also feature the highly anticipated return of Hayden Panettiere as Scream 4‘s Kirby Reed. Courtney Cox will also reprise her role as fan-favorite Gale Weathers.

Melissa Barrera (“Sam”), Jasmin Savoy Brown (“Mindy”), Mason Gooding (“Chad”), Jenna Ortega (“Tara”), and Dermot Mulroney are all confirmed to return in the next installment of Spyglass Media and Paramount Pictures’ Scream film franchise.

Jack Champion (Avatar: The Way of Water), Liana Liberato (The Beach House), Devyn Nekoda (“Ghostwriter”), and Josh Segarra (“Arrow) have also come on board for Scream 6.

In the brand new movie, “The Scream saga continues with the four survivors of the Ghostface killings as they leave Woodsboro behind and start a fresh chapter.”

Project X Entertainment’s Vanderbilt, Paul Neinstein, and William Sherak are serving as producers (Scream, Ambulance).

Creator Kevin Williamson and the third member of Radio Silence, Chad Villella, are executive producing alongside Spyglass’ Gary Barber and Peter Oillataguerre, Ron Lynch, Cathy Konrad, and Marianne Maddalena. Fans can expect the next Scream to release in theatres worldwide on March 31, 2023.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/exclus...ast-exclusive/
Old 08-09-22, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 131 Likes on 102 Posts
Neve Campbell Not Returning to Scream 6

People Magazine article:

"The actress says her choice not to sign on to reprise her role as final girl Sidney Prescott for Scream 6 was "truly" just "negotiation" related. "I did not feel that what I was being offered equated to the value that I bring to this franchise, and have brought to this franchise, for 25 years," she tells PEOPLE.

"And as a woman in this business, I think it's really important for us to be valued and to fight to be valued," continues Campbell, 48. "I honestly don't believe that if I were a man and had done five installments of a huge blockbuster franchise over 25 years, that the number that I was offered would be the number that would be offered to a man."

"And in my soul, I just couldn't do that," she adds. "I couldn't walk on set feeling that — feeling undervalued and feeling the unfairness, or lack of fairness, around that."

While I can appreciate where she's coming from I don't think the business of negotiated star salaries is as simple as being gender-driven. I can't speculate on what is considered a "reasonable" salary for someone in her position but the business of what someone's participation and their perception of worth to a film franchise is very nuanced and subjective.

In a franchise brand such as "Scream" are the stars bigger than the franchise? Is the franchise bigger than the stars?

My feeling is that the "Scream" brand and the ghostface killer are probably worth more than any of the actors, David Arquette included just as the "Chucky" character is worth more than any of the actors in the Child's Play franchise.

Alec Baldwin wanted too much money to return to the Jack Ryan franchise after "The Hunt For Red October". Harrison took over the series for two films followed by Ben Affleck and Chris Pine in two other sequels. The franchise brand is deemed to be bigger than the actors. When this happens, the stars have less negotiation power.

Vin Diesel wanted too much money to star in Fast and the Furious 2 which was made without his participation for the next two sequels. Both sequels failed and they brought Vin Diesel back for the fourth installment (i'm guessing for less money than he demanded for part 2) and it was a huge hit. Now Vin Diesel had negotiating power going forward in the franchise. It was "proven" that his contributions directly added value to the franchise and was paid accordingly.

Richard Gere had top billing (and considerably higher pay) for Pretty Woman compared to co-star Julia Roberts. They paired-up again for "Runaway Bride" and Julia Robert had top billing (and probably higher pay) over Richard Gere because Julia Roberts was perceived to be more of a box office draw than Richard Gere at the time.

Being part of a successful franchise doesn't necessarily mean the leading actors or actresses are the direct reason for its success. In the case of Indiana Jones, yes Harrison Ford is the face of the success of that franchise. In the case of Batman or Scream, I guess the executives feel the actors are interchangeable because the franchise is so strong and will carry-on without them.

If Scream 6 tanks at the box office, maybe Neve Campbell's participation will prove to be more valuable.

Old 08-09-22, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,638 Likes on 2,611 Posts
Re: Neve Campbell Not Returning to Scream 6

Already discussed in the Scream 6 thread

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk...n-gillett.html
Old 08-09-22, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts
Re: Neve Campbell Not Returning to Scream 6

Do people in their 50s go to see these movies? 40s?

Aren't these movies aimed at getting young people into the theater? And does anybody under 30 give a damn about Neve Campbell?

Agree with orangerunner, the stars of this franchise from the 90s really don't matter in any substantive manner. The franchise name and the Ghostface killer costume retain the value.
Old 08-09-22, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

I can only speak for myself, but I am 45 and I saw the last one in theaters twice.

Also I brought my 13 year old daughter with me the second time after she had binged the first 4. She didn't like that Sidney had a reduced role.

I mean I'm sure they want young people to come to these movies, but they also want the money of fans of the franchise, or there wouldn't be any value in making sequels.

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 08-09-22 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-14-22, 08:10 AM

Re: Scream VI (2023, D: Bettinelli-Olpin & Gillett)

In a city of millions, no one hears you scream. Watch the official Teaser Trailer for #Scream6 - Only in theatres March 10, 2023.

Following the latest Ghostface killings, the four survivors leave Woodsboro behind and start a fresh chapter. In Scream VI, Melissa Barrera (“Sam Carpenter”), Jasmin Savoy Brown (“Mindy Meeks-Martin”), Mason Gooding (“Chad Meeks-Martin”), Jenna Ortega (“Tara Carpenter”), Hayden Panettiere (“Kirby Reed”) and Courteney Cox (“Gale Weathers”) return to their roles in the franchise alongside Jack Champion, Henry Czerny, Liana Liberato, Dermot Mulroney, Devyn Nekoda, Tony Revolori, Josh Segarra, and Samara Weaving.
Old 12-14-22, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Ortega's stardom has boosted a lot since the last one, wonder how much advertising will rely on her given the lack of Campbell.
Old 12-14-22, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by RichC2
Ortega's stardom has boosted a lot since the last one, wonder how much advertising will rely on her given the lack of Campbell.
One of best decisions with the last movie was not killing her off.
Old 12-14-22, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

Soooo, Ghostface Takes Manhattan?
The following 2 users liked this post by ViewAskewbian:
Dvdlovr24 (12-14-22), GoldenJCJ (12-14-22)
Old 12-14-22, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,203 Likes on 2,067 Posts

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
You stole my joke, Guy.

Now what am I supposed to do, comment on the actual movie?!
Old 12-14-22, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Looks cool to me - I'm fine with them moving on to the "next generation" and a change of scenery is welcome.
Old 12-14-22, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven
Looks cool to me - I'm fine with them moving on to the "next generation" and a change of scenery is welcome.
Yup, kill off Gail in the opening scene and we're off to the races.
Old 12-14-22, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Though there is a part of me that hopes this Neve stuff was all smoke and mirrors and, in the end, when the mask comes of it's finally Sydney
The following 2 users liked this post by ViewAskewbian:
Dvdlovr24 (12-14-22), stingermck (12-14-22)
Old 12-14-22, 09:49 AM

Yup, kill off Gail in the opening scene and we're off to the races.
Not gonna happen.
Old 12-14-22, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

That's the title deadline used for their article

https://deadline.com/2022/12/scream-...an-1235198795/
Old 12-14-22, 10:02 AM

Jason is even on the train. As is Pinhead. And Grace, The Bride from Ready or Not (even though Samara is in this movie too). Great costumes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.