Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Everything Everywhere All At Once (2022, D: Kwan & Scheinert) S: Michelle Yeoh

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Everything Everywhere All At Once (2022, D: Kwan & Scheinert) S: Michelle Yeoh

Old 03-21-23, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1,094 Likes on 763 Posts
Re: Everything Everywhere All At Once (2022, D: Kwan & Scheinert) S: Michelle Yeoh

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Actually this isn't a bad idea. I have a trial code for buying a new laptop a couple months ago. I was just waiting to redeem so I could marathon all of Ted Lasso. That just started back up so I'll give it a few more weeks which will also give me some more buffer time between EEAAO viewings.
I stand corrected. As it turns out, suggesting you subscribe to Apple and watch Ted Lasso was the right answer all along!
The following users liked this post:
Michael Corvin (03-21-23)
Old 03-21-23, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 945 Likes on 667 Posts
Re: Everything Everywhere All At Once (2022, D: Kwan & Scheinert) S: Michelle Yeoh

I mean, I've seen the first two seasons, but figured I'd wait until most of season 3 was up to go back and marathon it all.
Old 03-22-23, 07:42 AM
Political Exile

Received 491 Likes on 324 Posts

I recently had to upgrade my T-Mobile service to Magenta Max to qualify upgrading our phones to the S23s for free, and as a perk, we now get free AppleTV+. My daughter was super excited to set it up and watch Ted Lasso.
Michael Corvin (03-23-23)
Old 03-25-23, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
I think this one demands a repeated viewing to full grasp what’s going on. It took twice for me and after that second time, it stuck the landing without even flinching.
I'd disagree. I've seen it three times now and each time, it's the law of diminishing returns. The performances are absolutely stellar, but the whole package is bloated and definitly thinks it's way smarter than it is.
Old 03-25-23, 11:58 PM

Received 2,135 Likes on 1,248 Posts

I finally saw this and found that it lives up to the hype. The story's scope is smaller than I'd expected, but that plays in its favor, to focus on this family's relationships. All of the actors have tremendous chops playing multiple versions of their character, just great.

I plan to watch it again soon, I want to take it in for all the little pieces now that I know where things are headed.
Jason Bovberg (03-27-23)
Old 04-03-23, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,667 Posts

And I finally saw this as well; I knew I'd love it but waited to open the disc until Xmas, then waited for the right movie night. My wife noped out near the beginning which was too bad, but I think she would have thrown a fit when a certain part of the fighting scene came on since I was watching it with the kids (who are way way too young for this movie but enjoyed it immensely and I don't think it corrupted their little brains). So now I'm torn whether to try to reintroduce this movie to my wife or just let it be and stay out of trouble.

Really, really poignant stuff outside of all of the sci fi stuff and I could really really relate with the father just trying to be a good guy to survive.
story (04-03-23)
Old 04-03-23, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Not too much of a fan of the movie, but I'll be attempting another go at it. Regardless, I'm glad Ke Huy Quan got his way overdue Oscar as well as The Daniels getting their time in the spotlight (persistence leads to success).
Old 04-04-23, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
And I finally saw this as well; I knew I'd love it but waited to open the disc until Xmas, then waited for the right movie night. My wife noped out near the beginning which was too bad, but I think she would have thrown a fit when a certain part of the fighting scene came on since I was watching it with the kids (who are way way too young for this movie but enjoyed it immensely and I don't think it corrupted their little brains). So now I'm torn whether to try to reintroduce this movie to my wife or just let it be and stay out of trouble.

Really, really poignant stuff outside of all of the sci fi stuff and I could really really relate with the father just trying to be a good guy to survive.
What's that daddy?

Oh them's fighting eels.
Old 04-06-23, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,329 Likes on 906 Posts

Originally Posted by joeblow69
Showtime does still have a free 30 day trial, that's how I saw the movie.
So it is just One Thing in One Place for a Limited Time? What a rip off.