Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

National Champions (2021, D: Waugh) S: James, Simmons, Aduba, Ludwig, Olyphant

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 11-30-21, 01:48 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

To change the game, you have to risk everything. Stephan James, J.K. Simmons, and Uzo Aduba star in the new #NationalChampionsMovie trailer. Only in theaters December 10th.

Synopsis: Three days before the college football national championship game, star quarterback LeMarcus James (Stephan James) and teammate Emmett Sunday (Alexander Ludwig) ignite a player’s strike declaring they won’t compete until all student-athletes are fairly compensated. With billions of dollars at risk and legacies on the line, the stakes could not be higher. Now, with only hours until kickoff, the head coach (J.K. Simmons) and various power brokers (Lil Rel Howery, Tim Blake Nelson, Andrew Bachelor, Jeffrey Donovan, David Koechner, Kristin Chenoweth, Timothy Olyphant, Uzo Aduba) must race against the clock to protect or destroy the prevailing collegiate athletics system.

Genre: Drama

Cast: Stephan James, J. K. Simmons, Alexander Ludwig, Lil Rel Howery, Tim Blake Nelson, Russell Wilson, Andrew Bachelor, Jeffrey Donovan, David Koechner with Kristin Chenoweth with Timothy Olyphant and Uzo Aduba

Writer: Adam Mervis
Director: Ric Roman Waugh
Producers: Basil Iwanyk, Brendon Boyea and Greg Economou
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14547524
Old 11-30-21, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,192 Likes on 2,060 Posts
Re: National Champions (2021, D: Waugh) S: James, Simmons, Aduba, Ludwig, Olyphant

Hmm, that wasn’t what i expected. The trailer looked decent and I know that a legitimate concern in College football, I’m just not sure it’s an interesting enough topic to base a movie around. I guess we’ll see. Looks like a solid cast.
Old 12-01-21, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
Re: National Champions (2021, D: Waugh) S: James, Simmons, Aduba, Ludwig, Olyphant

So when they win their argument, will they have to pay for their college classes that they never attend?