Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Dangerous (2021, D: Hackl) -- S: Scott Eastwood, Tyrese Gibson, Famke Janssen, Mel Gibson

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Dangerous (2021, D: Hackl) -- S: Scott Eastwood, Tyrese Gibson, Famke Janssen, Mel Gibson

Old 11-08-21, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,618 Likes on 2,597 Posts

Ex-con and reformed sociopath Dylan Forrester (Scott Eastwood) is trying to quietly serve out his parole with the help of a steady supply of antidepressants and his eccentric psychiatrist (Mel Gibson). But when his brother dies under mysterious circumstances, Dylan breaks parole and, with a dogged FBI agent (Famke Janssen) on his trail, goes to uncover the truth. A band of heavily armed mercenaries wants something Dylan's brother was hiding, and Dylan will need all his guile and tactical skills to survive in this action-packed thriller costarring Kevin Durand and Tyrese Gibson.

This came out on VOD on Friday. I had a VOD credit, so I rented it for like $2. Will watch it this week.

It's from the director of Saw V.

Old 12-04-21, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,618 Likes on 2,597 Posts
Re: Dangerous (2021, D: Hackl) -- S: Scott Eastwood, Tyrese Gibson, Famke Janssen, Mel Gibson

So I finally watched this last night. I would say it's watchable, but by no means is it a good movie.

Gibson has a very small part. He's probably in it for no more than 10-12 minutes. Like Willis, he probably shot all his scenes in 1-2 days. Tyrese also has a really small part. It's likely he did this as a favor to Eastwood since they worked together on Fast 8 and Eastwood is a producer on this film.

The story didn't really make much sense. They tried to make Eastwood an eccentric protagonist with some weird quirks. He needs to take anti depressants to control his erratic behavior and that's what Gibson role is as his therapist.

I'd wait for this to hit Prime or Netflix if you have any interest. It's definitely low budget.
Old 12-04-21, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Re: Dangerous (2021, D: Hackl) -- S: Scott Eastwood, Tyrese Gibson, Famke Janssen, Mel Gibson

Will be checking this one out once the Blu-ray arrives.