Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Swan Song (2021, D: Cleary) S: Mahershala Ali, Naomie Harris, Glenn Close, Akwafina

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Swan Song (2021, D: Cleary) S: Mahershala Ali, Naomie Harris, Glenn Close, Akwafina

Old 11-04-21, 12:52 PM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts

An impossible decision awaits. Watch Swan Song December 17 in theaters and streaming on Apple TV+

Set in the near future, Swan Song is a powerful, emotional journey told through the eyes of Cameron (Mahershala Ali), a loving husband and father diagnosed with a terminal illness who is presented with an alternative solution by his doctor (Glenn Close) to shield his family from grief. As Cam grapples with whether or not to alter his family’s fate, he learns more about life and love than he ever imagined. Swan Song explores how far we will go, and how much we’re willing to sacrifice, to make a happier life for the people we love.

This Apple Original Film stars two-time Academy Award winner Mahershala Ali, Academy Award nominee Naomie Harris and eight-time Academy Award nominee Glenn Close. The film also features Golden Globe winner Awkwafina and Golden Globe nominee Adam Beach. Swan Song is written and directed by Academy Award-winning filmmaker Benjamin Cleary and produced by Adam Shulman, Jacob Perlin, Jonathan King, Rebecca Bourke, Mahershala Ali and Mimi Valdés.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13207508

Moonlight reunion!

Old 12-17-21, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts
Re: Swan Song (2021, D: Cleary) S: Mahershala Ali, Naomie Harris, Glenn Close, Akwafina

Excellent cast here. Wow. Up on Apple TV now. Need to watch this soon.
Old 12-17-21, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Re: Swan Song (2021, D: Cleary) S: Mahershala Ali, Naomie Harris, Glenn Close, Akwafina

Shit, I saw this headline and thought it was going to be an adaption of Robert R. McCammon's novel, with Mahershala Ali playing Black Frankenstein.
Old 07-18-22, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 715 Likes on 585 Posts

This was a good movie with a great performance by Mahershala Ali.

Kevin Bacon liked this too when I read his interview in USA Weekend.

Sucks Lightyear gets a 40 page thread and this only two responses?

Old 07-18-22, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
It's more about access. I couldn't see this since I don't have Apple TV.
Old 07-18-22, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Lightyear was a substantially better movie

This was essentially a good 45 minute episode of Black Mirror extended to nearly 2 hours. It's a chore to get through despite nice production values and solid acting.
Old 07-18-22, 10:14 AM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts

You've said this before... 1. it is only 4 pages long and 2. it is irrelevant to whatever film you're talking about.

This film had a good performance from Ali, but it wasn't very good overall.

Originally Posted by RichC2
This was essentially a good 45 minute episode of Black Mirror extended to nearly 2 hours. It's a chore to get through despite nice production values and solid acting.
Exactly.

Dual had a similar concept, but was a more interesting film.
Old 07-18-22, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 715 Likes on 585 Posts

Lightyear was a substantially better movie?

I think the stage is being set for the Anti-Christ and the Four Horseman to come to earth.
Old 07-18-22, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Lightyear was a substantially better movie?

I think the stage is being set for the Anti-Christ and the Four Horseman to come to earth.
You must have really hated Lightyear and yeah it's 6 pages, not 40.

More happened and I didn't feel the overwhelming need for a nap during it.
Old 07-19-22, 05:16 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Shit, I saw this headline and thought it was going to be an adaption of Robert R. McCammon's novel, with Mahershala Ali playing Black Frankenstein.
Exactly the same thing I thought when I saw this thread title. Dammit.
Old 07-19-22, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5
Exactly the same thing I thought when I saw this thread title. Dammit.
Same here. Just recently read it for the first time and was excited to see an adaptation, so this was a let down.