Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Old 06-06-24, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 793 Likes on 644 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

He needs the cash and is selling out

Maybe not hard to have a baby factory when you are married to that yoga instructor.

Alec and Hilaria Baldwin are inviting viewers into their chaotic home for a reality series airing on TLC in 2025.

The husband and wife duo announced the show (working title “The Baldwins“) in a video posted to Instagram, in which their seven children run around the house screaming.

“We’re inviting you into our home to experience the ups and downs; the good, the bad, the wild and the crazy,” Alec says in the video. “Home is the place we love to be most.”

As he attempts to wrangle a horde of kids, he adds, “We are the Baldwins, and we’re going to TLC! God help you all.”

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/ale...ns-1236024828/

Old 06-06-24, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,971 Likes on 2,029 Posts

That motherfucker's sixty-six years old and has seven kids under ten.

Jesus... I'm two decades his junior I'd be pulling my goddamned hair out if I had a litter like that...
The following users liked this post:
tommyp007 (06-06-24)
Old 06-06-24, 06:15 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 413 Likes on 258 Posts

nothing like laying low for awhile after you kill someone. sheesh.
Old 06-06-24, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 423 Likes on 334 Posts

Baldwin continues to prove he's an out of touch asshole.
Old 06-06-24, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,170 Likes on 845 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

Jesus... I'm two decades his junior I'd be pulling my goddamned hair out if I had a litter like that...
People like that have so many people working for them, it's hardly like they are raising their own children or running their own household.

Adam Carolla just has two kids, and was always open about how much the full-time nanny was responsible for their care until they were teenagers.

Originally Posted by TGM
nothing like laying low for awhile after you kill someone. sheesh.
It's image rehab. Laying low, no one's perception of him changes. Now he can be presented as a sympathetic or relatable figure.
Old 06-06-24, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 793 Likes on 644 Posts

His career hit the skids when he did this movie with the B movie king Jonathan Rhys Meyer

Old 06-06-24, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 394 Likes on 300 Posts

The reality show could go either way:

As popular as Jersey Shore

or as bad as Chrisley Knows Best
Old 06-06-24, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 303 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
It's image rehab. Laying low, no one's perception of him changes. Now he can be presented as a sympathetic or relatable figure.
I agree that that’s what he wants but sympathetic and relatable are two of the last adjectives i’d use for Baldwin.
Old 06-07-24, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nesbit
I agree that that’s what he wants but sympathetic and relatable are two of the last adjectives i’d use for Baldwin.
Would you watch a show like this if someone you did not already dislike was the star?

As is repeatedly proven on this forum and IRL, there are many more people than one would think who aren't paying attention. They may have only a vague awareness that Baldwin is "controversial."
Old 06-07-24, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Me? No I’m not the target audience for a “What are we going to do with all these kids?” type reality show though it has nothing to do with the shooting which I don’t blame Baldwin for at all. Just to be clear though I don’t think he’s ever been sympathetic or relatable. He’s a super wealthy celebrity who has shown to be an asshole for decades. He’s a talented actor and I like a lot of his performances but relatable? sympathetic? No sir.
Old 06-07-24, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nesbit
Me? No I’m not the target audience for a “What are we going to do with all these kids?” type reality show though it has nothing to do with the shooting which I don’t blame Baldwin for at all. Just to be clear though I don’t think he’s ever been sympathetic or relatable. He’s a super wealthy celebrity who has shown to be an asshole for decades. He’s a talented actor and I like a lot of his performances but relatable? sympathetic? No sir.
So the theory would be that the kind of person who would watch this kind of show would also be the kind of person who could see a wealthy, entitled celebrity as relatable. Just the same way there are tens of millions of people who think the former host of Celebrity Apprentice is a representative of the common man.

Plus, it is obviously a cash grab. The guy hosted Celebrity Password, after all.
Old 06-07-24, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I feel like people watch reality shows with super wealthy celebrities more for aspirational reasons than relatability but could be wrong as I don’t personally enjoy them and am not close with anyone who does. No offense meant to those who do. I watch professional wrestling and have seen Freddy Got Fingered at least a dozen times.
Old 07-09-24, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 484 Likes on 329 Posts

Alec Baldwin's trial started today. In pre-trial evidentiary hearings yesterday, the judge ruled that the prosecutors can't introduce evidence about Baldwin's role as a producer on the film. That seems pretty devastating to the prosecutor's case. If I were the prosecutor, I'd probably just move to dismiss the trial and save myself the embarrassment.

https://deadline.com/2024/07/alec-ba...st-1236003814/
Old 07-09-24, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,386 Likes on 2,170 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
Alec Baldwin's trial started today. In pre-trial evidentiary hearings yesterday, the judge ruled that the prosecutors can't introduce evidence about Baldwin's role as a producer on the film. That seems pretty devastating to the prosecutor's case. If I were the prosecutor, I'd probably just move to dismiss the trial and save myself the embarrassment.

https://deadline.com/2024/07/alec-ba...st-1236003814/
The prosecutors have already filed and dropped charges once against Baldwin. If/when they do it for the second time, they’re already going to be embarrassed.

I suspect they’ll see it through to the end because they will look awfully stupid if they drop the charges now.
Old 07-09-24, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

I'll never understand this shit. I'm going to be 51 in August. I watch 3 of my 7 grand-kids on occasion and they are a fuckin workout!!!! There is no way I could be raising my own child at this age let alone in my 60s
Will he even be alive to watch the graduate HS??!!
IBJoel (07-12-24)
Old 07-09-24, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,694 Likes on 4,568 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
The prosecutors have already filed and dropped charges once against Baldwin. If/when they do it for the second time, they’re already going to be embarrassed.

I suspect they’ll see it through to the end because they will look awfully stupid if they drop the charges now.
I mean they have literally no case now. All they can argue is that Alec Baldwin the actor accidentally fired a prop gun that he was told was safe and cold by a gun wrangler who was found guilty of manslaughter for bungling her job. That isn't a crime - it's literally what can happen if a gun wrangler completely bungles her job.

Better dropping the case than looking like an idiot in a packed courtroom and losing an unwinnable case at the taxpayer's expense.
Old 07-09-24, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker
I mean they have literally no case now. All they can argue is that Alec Baldwin the actor accidentally fired a prop gun that he was told was safe and cold by a gun wrangler who was found guilty of manslaughter for bungling her job. That isn't a crime - it's literally what can happen if a gun wrangler completely bungles her job.

Better dropping the case than looking like an idiot in a packed courtroom and losing an unwinnable case at the taxpayer's expense.
I don’t disagree. Prosecutors are going to look extremely foolish either way.
Old 07-09-24, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
I'll never understand this shit. I'm going to be 51 in August. I watch 3 of my 7 grand-kids on occasion and they are a fuckin workout!!!! There is no way I could be raising my own child at this age let alone in my 60s
Will he even be alive to watch the graduate HS??!!
It's easy... when you're rich.
You don't think he's hired people to help with his kids?
IBJoel (07-12-24)
Old 07-09-24, 07:58 PM

I don’t disagree. Prosecutors are going to look extremely foolish either way.
True, but right now the prosecutors could at least say "We strongly disagree with the judge's ruling. We felt we had a compelling case to make that Baldwin used his influence as both a Producer and as a Star to cut corners and neglect safety policies. We are now prohibited from making that argument. As it stands we feel our case has been undermined to the point it cannot fairly be presented. For this reason we are dropping all charges and reserve the right to file again in the future", or something to that effect.
That's a Hell of a lot better outcome for the DA's office than a week-long high-profile case that ends in a Not Guilty verdict after 20 minutes of jury deliberation.
Old 07-09-24, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

That's definitely a safe assumption. But even still. There are many years ahead and he is only getting older.
Old 07-09-24, 08:20 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 413 Likes on 258 Posts

to this day I don't get this lawsuit against him at all.

he's a total chode (although was great in 30 Rock) but even if he was irresponsible and took this gun and ran around sticking it in everyones face and pulling the trigger yelling "ooga booga" and it went off and killed someone, how would it still even be his fault? it was supposed to be a fucking prop gun for a movie set. the expectation is that it was safe. totally the prop masters fault.
The following 2 users liked this post by TGM:
OldBoy (07-12-24), VHS? (07-09-24)
Old 07-09-24, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Coral
It's easy... when you're rich.
You don't think he's hired people to help with his kids?
This.
I know a couple who are rich compared to most, but don't have a tenth of Baldwin's money, and they had a full-time nanny to look after their two kids from birth to high school.
Old 07-12-24, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Looks like the judge is considering dismissing the case. Baldwin’s attorneys filed a motion to dismiss after claiming the prosecution failed to disclose evidence (more live rounds supposedly found on the set).

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/a...ts-1236068827/

Things seem to be going swimmingly for the Prosecution.
Old 07-12-24, 02:24 PM

Received 162 Likes on 117 Posts

Looks like the judge is considering dismissing the case. Baldwin’s attorneys filed a motion to dismiss after claiming the prosecution failed to disclose evidence (more live rounds supposedly found on the set).

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/a...ts-1236068827/

Things seem to be going swimmingly for the Prosecution.
"Uh, Alec Baldwin did those crimes, too."

- The prosecution, probably
Old 07-12-24, 02:51 PM

With all this prosecution incompetence and misconduct, I think we potentially have Season 2 of Presumed Innocent right here.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.