Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Old 03-12-22, 11:46 AM
  #276  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 12,790
Received 1,045 Likes on 749 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
One of the five rules of gun safety is:
- Treat all firearms as if they were loaded.


You never assume a gun is empty. My answer was referring to the fact that everyone THOUGHT the gun was empty. If someone would have asked Baldwin if the gun was empty just prior to him shooting Hutchins he would have said, yes it was. So to him (and apparently everyone on set) the gun WAS empty. Until he pulled the trigger (or thumbed the hammer) and realized it wasn’t.
This was my question:
If you are holding an unloaded gun, what's the problem with pulling the trigger?
How about just a straight answer to that?
Old 03-12-22, 11:51 AM
  #277  
DVD Talk Hero
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 26,900
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,002 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by Count Dooku

How about just a straight answer to that?
My straight answer is never assume a gun is empty.

But yes, if a gun is empty it can’t shoot. But that obviously wasn’t the case here.

What exactly is your point with that question? Particularly in this thread?
Old 03-12-22, 12:39 PM
  #278  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 12,790
Received 1,045 Likes on 749 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
My straight answer is never assume a gun is empty.

But yes, if a gun is empty it can’t shoot. But that obviously wasn’t the case here.

What exactly is your point with that question? Particularly in this thread?
The upshot of your previous postings was that Baldwin did not need to be a firearms expert to avoid this tragedy, he just needed to keep his "fucking finger off the trigger."

But now by your own statement, pulling the trigger on an empty gun is not dangerous.

So, if the gun had been empty like it was supposed to be, then Baldwin did not do anything wrong. Pulling the trigger on an empty gun is no more dangerous than if he had been juggling oranges in front of the camera.

And the reason I can list off hundreds of movies with massive amounts of pretend gun-play and firearm shooting, and state that nobody on any of those sets ever got shot is because all the guns were empty like they were supposed to be.

And actors don't have to take firearm training so they can check the weapons they are handed on set if the weapons are empty like they are supposed to be.

So my point is that Baldwin is not some reckless asshole who doesn't give a damn about human life, and Hollywood doesn't need a bunch of new regulations, and movie sets don't need a new unionized safety patrol, they just need to use guns that aren't loaded LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE.

And like every other single detail of what happens on a movie set, things are the way they are supposed to be because it's somebody's job to make it that way. The costumes, the make-up, the set, the lighting, etc are all the way hey are supposed to be because somebody made it that way.

It was supposed to be somebody's job to make sure Alec Baldwin was not standing in front of the camera with a loaded gun. It wasn't Baldwin's job. It was a job somebody else was supposed to be doing. And that job did not get done.

Second-guessing everything you are told and following the BS rules of gun safety (according to a gun manufacturer, no less) is not how people live their lives, and it's not part of how an actor prepares to do their job. The only way we get through our lives, everyday, is trusting that other people are doing their jobs.
Old 03-12-22, 12:41 PM
  #279  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 12,790
Received 1,045 Likes on 749 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
My straight answer is never assume a gun is empty.
You straight answer is to deny the premise of the question and present your own talking point.
Earlier, I wondered if you worked for the IRS, now I think you are a member of Congress.
Old 03-12-22, 01:02 PM
  #280  
DVD Talk Hero
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 26,900
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,002 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
The upshot of your previous postings was that Baldwin did not need to be a firearms expert to avoid this tragedy, he just needed to keep his "fucking finger off the trigger."

But now by your own statement, pulling the trigger on an empty gun is not dangerous.

So, if the gun had been empty like it was supposed to be, then Baldwin did not do anything wrong. Pulling the trigger on an empty gun is no more dangerous than if he had been juggling oranges in front of the camera.

And the reason I can list off hundreds of movies with massive amounts of pretend gun-play and firearm shooting, and state that nobody on any of those sets ever got shot is because all the guns were empty like they were supposed to be.

And actors don't have to take firearm training so they can check the weapons they are handed on set if the weapons are empty like they are supposed to be.

So my point is that Baldwin is not some reckless asshole who doesn't give a damn about human life, and Hollywood doesn't need a bunch of new regulations, and movie sets don't need a new unionized safety patrol, they just need to use guns that aren't loaded LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE.

And like every other single detail of what happens on a movie set, things are the way they are supposed to be because it's somebody's job to make it that way. The costumes, the make-up, the set, the lighting, etc are all the way hey are supposed to be because somebody made it that way.

It was supposed to be somebody's job to make sure Alec Baldwin was not standing in front of the camera with a loaded gun. It wasn't Baldwin's job. It was a job somebody else was supposed to be doing. And that job did not get done.

Second-guessing everything you are told and following the BS rules of gun safety (according to a gun manufacturer, no less) is not how people live their lives, and it's not part of how an actor prepares to do their job. The only way we get through our lives, everyday, is trusting that other people are doing their jobs.
Damn bro. That is a long, roundabout way to get your “gotcha” on someone who doesn’t necessarily disagree with you.

You can look back through this thread and I wasn’t placing blame solely on Baldwin from the beginning. I don’t think any of us know exactly what happened on the set that day. It sounds like it was a series of screw ups from numerous people.

I’ll state again, if Baldwin had gone through even the simplest of gun safety courses he never would have had his finger on the trigger in the first place, whether the gun was empty or not.

Actors will follow all types of other professions to get a better sense of their character and their roles. Why is it so outrageous that a character who uses a gun should know how to use the gun?
The following users liked this post:
Kurt D (03-12-22)
Old 03-12-22, 02:38 PM
  #281  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,135
Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I think rules can be created around those scenarios. How many of those actors/extras were actually firing blanks and how many were running around with rubber guns?

I would propose a rule that there should be X number of armorers per X number of guns on set.

And yeah, if you’re an actor who handles an actual gun on set, you go through training. I’m not suggesting a one-on-one firearms course like we saw Keanu go through for John Wick but it’s not unreasonable to fill a classroom or two with actors before production begins. If Spielberg can put his actors through “Basic Training” he can have actors sit for an afternoon to learn how to not kill each other during filming.

And let’s face it, if your character is an elite Navy SEAL or the worlds most dangerous assassin, you should probably know how to hold a gun without looking like an actor who has never even touched one.

It’s also not an unreasonable rule to not leave your weapon unattended or set it down somewhere. If they take a break, they totally need to go through weapons checks again.

I honestly don’t know what many of the rules for weapons on set there are currently in place but I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of those rules were already in place.
Probably should also throw in a sobriety test.
Old 03-12-22, 02:46 PM
  #282  
DVD Talk Legend
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,678
Received 980 Likes on 703 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Apart from all the failures that appear to have taken place, I'm still stuck with one question... Why was there ANY live ammo anywhere near the set? Someone loaded live rounds into that pistol. Who, and why?

I know it was rumoured, early on, that cast and/or crew would go and target shoot during downtime. Obviously that does not need to happen, and shouldn't happen.

Also, having only been on a set, once (and in Canada, where such restrictions are unnecessary) , I don't know what firearm restrictions there are, regarding personal firearms. Certainly it would vary by state, and likely by production company, unless of course the fucking 2nd amendment trumps a company's rules.
Old 03-12-22, 07:30 PM
  #283  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 12,790
Received 1,045 Likes on 749 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I’ll state again, if Baldwin had gone through even the simplest of gun safety courses he never would have had his finger on the trigger in the first place, whether the gun was empty or not.
According to Baldwin, he had gone through gun safety instruction on the set of other movies and went through "a training session" with the Rust armorer.

But I am still completely confused by your insistence that Baldwin (or anyone) should be reluctant to pull the trigger of an unloaded weapon. It just does not make sense to me.


Last edited by Count Dooku; 03-12-22 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-12-22, 07:32 PM
  #284  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 12,790
Received 1,045 Likes on 749 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Damn bro. That is a long, roundabout way to get your “gotcha” on someone who doesn’t necessarily disagree with you.
Trying address so many of the mistaken points being made in the thread at once and cut through your refusal to accept the premise of a question as worded.
Old 03-12-22, 08:07 PM
  #285  
DVD Talk Legend
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,678
Received 980 Likes on 703 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

More info from CNN. Some excerpts. In short, the armorer is blaming Baldwin for what happened.

The armorer on the set of the film "Rust" said she was not called to inspect the gun that ultimately fired a live round, fatally wounding cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

"Mr. Baldwin knew that he could never point a firearm at crew members under any circumstances and had a duty of safety to his fellow crew members," Gutierrez Reed said.
"Yet he did point the gun at Halyna before the fatal incident against all rules and common sense."

"Hannah was not called into the Church before the impromptu gun scene rehearsal and she should have been," the statement said.
Gutierrez Reed said she had no knowledge of what was happening inside the church set that day and Baldwin was responsible for helping maintain the safety of the crew.


The court document also claimed when Baldwin arrived on the New Mexico set, he underwent a training session with Gutierrez Reed and he understood from that session he did not need to check the gun for live ammunition.

"Reed did not instruct Baldwin to check the gun himself. In fact, she told Baldwin that it was her job to check the gun -- not his," the document said.

"Similarly, Baldwin believed, based on prior gun safety training he received on movie sets, that actors should not unilaterally check guns for live ammunition. If actors want to check a gun for their own peace of mind, they should only check the gun with the armorer closely supervising the process. In other words, actors may jointly inspect a gun with the armorer, but never on their own."


But Gutierrez Reed, in her statement Saturday, said she encountered "constant resistance" from Baldwin and production staff during her time on the set."Hannah emphasized the importance of training Mr. Baldwin in the cross draw, which is dangerous," the statement said. "He never accepted the offer and Hannah was not able to conduct that training as well as other training she wanted to do, because of budgeting and being overruled by production."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/12/enter...eed/index.html
Old 03-12-22, 08:28 PM
  #286  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 12,790
Received 1,045 Likes on 749 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by andicus
More info from CNN. Some excerpts. In short, the armorer is blaming Baldwin for what happened.
It's more that she is saying she's not responsible.

It's her job to make certain Baldwin is not holding a gun that contains live ammunition, but she is saying that she did not do her job because she had no knowledge of what was taking place and no one called her to come there.

So, where did Baldwin get the gun and why did it have live ammo in it?

She says Baldwin was instructed that he should not be checking the firearms himself, so if a gun was loaded, he wouldn't know it.

Hasn't Baldwin said that he was told the gun was "cold." Who told him that? Wouldn't that be the person responsible?
Old 03-12-22, 08:46 PM
  #287  
DVD Talk Legend
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,678
Received 980 Likes on 703 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
It's more that she is saying she's not responsible.
She's definitely doing both, based on "Mr. Baldwin knew that he could never point a firearm at crew members under any circumstances and had a duty of safety to his fellow crew members," Gutierrez Reed said."Yet he did point the gun at Halyna before the fatal incident against all rules and common sense."

So, where did Baldwin get the gun and why did it have live ammo in it?
This is definitely a huge question that needs to be answered.
Hasn't Baldwin said that he was told the gun was "cold." Who told him that? Wouldn't that be the person responsible?
This still doesn't appear to be clear. Didn't someone, earlier in the investigation, claim that the director handed him the weapon, proclaiming it 'cold?'
Old 03-12-22, 08:58 PM
  #288  
DVD Talk Hero
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 26,900
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,002 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Reports were that Gutierrez Reed wasn’t on set that day and it was assistant director Dave Halls who gave the gun to Baldwin and claimed it was “cold”.

Presumably, everyone on set should have known that wasn’t correct procedure.

There’s a whole lot of finger pointing going on right now. Everyone seems to be in CYA mode.
Old 03-12-22, 10:46 PM
  #289  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,135
Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Reports were that Gutierrez Reed wasn’t on set that day and it was assistant director Dave Halls who gave the gun to Baldwin and claimed it was “cold”.

Presumably, everyone on set should have known that wasn’t correct procedure.

There’s a whole lot of finger pointing going on right now. Everyone seems to be in C
​​​​YA mode.
​​​​​​Not looking good for Baldwin's bank account.
Old 03-12-22, 11:20 PM
  #290  
DVD Talk Legend
 
B5Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Southern California
Posts: 13,496
Received 421 Likes on 320 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

OK, rather than having every single actor who handles a gun take a firearms safety class, it would make more sense to have a two person armorer team. One person to check the gun, and then a second to hand the gun to the actor. The second person could be required to then to a check themselves to confirm that the gun is safe.

Actors will never be expert enough to be expected to know FOR SURE if a gun is 100% safe or not. Gun experts can be expected to know that, however, and that system would solve the problem.

A two person team. A double check.

If followed, this procedure would ensure that this kind of thing never happens again.

Done. Case closed.
Old 03-12-22, 11:54 PM
  #291  
DVD Talk Legend
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,678
Received 980 Likes on 703 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by B5Erik
OK, rather than having every single actor who handles a gun take a firearms safety class, it would make more sense to have a two person armorer team. One person to check the gun, and then a second to hand the gun to the actor. The second person could be required to then to a check themselves to confirm that the gun is safe.

Actors will never be expert enough to be expected to know FOR SURE if a gun is 100% safe or not. Gun experts can be expected to know that, however, and that system would solve the problem.

A two person team. A double check.

If followed, this procedure would ensure that this kind of thing never happens again.

Done. Case closed.
Therein lies the catch... If the article I linked to is accurate, the existing procedure wasn't followed, and there were already issues with the budget that prevented some additional training that the armorer recommended.

Regardless, if the procedures were strictly followed, a single armorer should be sufficient. Clearly procedures were not followed, in this case.
Old 03-13-22, 06:55 AM
  #292  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 43,455
Received 2,580 Likes on 1,796 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

While everyone is pointing fingers and speculating on how Baldwin pulled the trigger and where he was pointing the gun and what the proper procedure was, the real question is why the fuck was there a live bullet (not a blank or a dummy) in the gun in the first place?

That seems to be the elephant in the room nobody is talking about.

That bullet just didn't appear out of nowhere. Somebody loaded it into the gun, either intentionally or unintentionally.
The following 2 users liked this post by Josh-da-man:
andicus (03-13-22), John Pannozzi (03-14-22)
Old 03-13-22, 07:35 AM
  #293  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Galt's Gulch
Posts: 4,769
Received 701 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by andicus
Therein lies the catch... If the article I linked to is accurate, the existing procedure wasn't followed, and there were already issues with the budget that prevented some additional training that the armorer recommended.

Regardless, if the procedures were strictly followed, a single armorer should be sufficient. Clearly procedures were not followed, in this case.
This is my takeaway from all the reading I've done on the subject. Something obviously went grossly wrong on set for this to happen, and it sounds like there was an overall poor culture on set due to some budget issues.

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
While everyone is pointing fingers and speculating on how Baldwin pulled the trigger and where he was pointing the gun and what the proper procedure was, the real question is why the fuck was there a live bullet (not a blank or a dummy) in the gun in the first place?
This is the question that ultimately needs answering. I've mainly avoided these discussions because although I have several certifications with firearms safety, handling, and training; I know very little about protocol on a movie set where almost every rule of firearm safety goes out the window. You need a completely different set of rules, checks, and procedures when you're dealing with pointing guns at another individual and pulling the trigger.

I saw early on, the armorer blamed the ammo supplier for putting a blank round in the box with the live rounds, but 1) I highly doubt that would happen and 2) part of her job should be to check all ammo to ensure that they are indeed blanks. Even if live ammo did make it on set, who the fuck loaded a live round in the gun? Anyone with even basic firearms experience should be able to tell the two rounds apart as they look nothing alike. The reports of some of the crew going out to target shoot would definitely make sense if they were shooting that gun earlier and left a round or two in the cylinder. Short of a deliberate act, it's about the only way any of it makes sense.

Originally Posted by B5Erik
Actors will never be expert enough to be expected to know FOR SURE if a gun is 100% safe or not. Gun experts can be expected to know that, however, and that system would solve the problem.
And this is why I find it very hard to put the blame on Baldwin. I don't feel it's very realistic to expect every actor to be proficient in the safe handling of firearms. Guns are a divisive issue obviously, and I'm sure there are plenty of actors who hate them but do this because it's part of the job. You can teach them basic safety and I would expect them to know and understand that, but there's hundreds of different types of guns out there that all operate differently with regards to safeties and actions. It sounds like this was an old cowboy action revolver where simply releasing the hammer can fire the gun, even if the trigger was never pulled.
Old 03-13-22, 12:48 PM
  #294  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mike86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,658
Received 1,116 Likes on 878 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

I don’t even know why it’s necessary to have live guns and ammunition on sets of movies in the first place. You can get imitation guns that look close enough to the real things, and gunfire effects/sounds can be added in during post production later on.
Old 03-13-22, 01:41 PM
  #295  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Runaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 1,732
Received 392 Likes on 315 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by Mike86
I don’t even know why it’s necessary to have live guns and ammunition on sets of movies in the first place. You can get imitation guns that look close enough to the real things, and gunfire effects/sounds can be added in during post production later on.
It's quite stupid, that in a world where everybody knows how steering wheels and elevators work, filmmakers have no problem showing every driver steering like he's on a slalom parcours and elevator doors closing one second after someone jumped in the elevator, they have to use real guns, because people could recognize fake guns.
Old 03-13-22, 02:08 PM
  #296  
DVD Talk Legend
 
B5Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Southern California
Posts: 13,496
Received 421 Likes on 320 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
While everyone is pointing fingers and speculating on how Baldwin pulled the trigger and where he was pointing the gun and what the proper procedure was, the real question is why the fuck was there a live bullet (not a blank or a dummy) in the gun in the first place?

That seems to be the elephant in the room nobody is talking about.

That bullet just didn't appear out of nowhere. Somebody loaded it into the gun, either intentionally or unintentionally.
There was a story that came out not long after the incident where it was noted that two people took the gun (along with a second gun) out to a shooting range and fired live ammo with it. They brought it back still loaded with the live ammo, but no one really checked the gun since they assumed it hadn't been messed with and the producer who gave the gun to Baldwin and told him it was safe went with that assumption.

A real breakdown in procedure. The gun, if the story was accurate, should never have left the set, have never been used to fire live ammo, and should have been checked before use on set anyway.
Old 03-13-22, 02:48 PM
  #297  
DVD Talk Hero
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 26,900
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,002 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

^ I thought one safety rule movie sets have is to keep all firearms locked up in a special locker/cage. It would make sense that only the armorer would have the key to get the guns out. Obviously not the case here though. Even though she wasn’t on set for the incident, the fact that Gutierrez Reed allowed the guns to be used out of her presence and removed and brought back without her (seeming) knowledge makes me think she’s more at fault than she’s admitting at this time. At the very least she was far too inexperienced to be running things alone.
Old 03-14-22, 02:56 AM
  #298  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 43,455
Received 2,580 Likes on 1,796 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Yeah, I would think that all firearms used on a movie set would be securely locked away when not being used. They're an attractive nuisance that random people with access to the set are going to want to handle and play with.

Makes me wonder if the story about crew members going out and using them to target shoot is true, and if one or more of the people who did it (if it happened) actually had keys/access to them.
Old 03-14-22, 03:19 PM
  #299  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,947
Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by Mike86
I don’t even know why it’s necessary to have live guns and ammunition on sets of movies in the first place. You can get imitation guns that look close enough to the real things, and gunfire effects/sounds can be added in during post production later on.
This is safer but comes at a significant extra cost to make it look convincing (complete with fire out the barrel, shell casings ejecting etc.) through post production work. I think it also helps the performer react to the sound and kick-back of firing blanks.
Old 03-14-22, 03:26 PM
  #300  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,947
Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts
Re: Alec Baldwin accidentally kills DP with prop gun, director shot as well

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
While everyone is pointing fingers and speculating on how Baldwin pulled the trigger and where he was pointing the gun and what the proper procedure was, the real question is why the fuck was there a live bullet (not a blank or a dummy) in the gun in the first place?
My thoughts as to Alec Baldwin's responsibility would be, what if the gun happened to be a machine gun with a 30-shot clip? Should the actor be responsible for removing all 30 blanks to ensure they are safe? If something does happen to go wrong, does the actor want to inherit the responsibility of being the last person to touch the ammunition?

Last edited by orangerunner; 03-14-22 at 06:28 PM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.