DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Ryan Reynolds is taking a break from acting (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/654046-ryan-reynolds-taking-break-acting.html)

Djieffemo 10-20-21 11:54 AM

Ryan Reynolds is taking a break from acting

So much for my Clue remake 😞

Anyone else worshipping that movie?

What are your thoughs on Van Wilder going back to be just a supporting background player?

Trelach24 10-20-21 12:02 PM

Re: Ryan Reynolds is taking a break from acting

It's a bit!

Why So Blu? 10-20-21 12:07 PM

He's gonna count his Aviation Gin and Mint Mobile money.

DaveyJoe 10-20-21 12:32 PM

Me too.

GoldenJCJ 10-20-21 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Trelach24 (Post 14000497)
It's a bit!

But did you know he’s got a real feud with Hugh Jackman? Apparently they can’t stand each other!!

Decker 10-20-21 01:36 PM

Most interesting thing in the article I read on this sabbatical is that Reynolds & Lively's three kids are named James, Betty and Inez - as made famous as the players in the teenage love triangle in the 2020 Taylor Swift song "betty" (actually Inez is a school gossip, not one of the players, the third is unnamed). If I knew that's where the names came from, I must have forgotten it.

fujishig 10-20-21 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 14000546)
Most interesting thing in the article I read on this sabbatical is that Reynolds & Lively's three kids are named James, Betty and Inez - as made famous as the players in the teenage love triangle in the 2020 Taylor Swift song "betty" (actually Inez is a school gossip, not one of the players, the third is unnamed). If I knew that's where the names came from, I must have forgotten it.

I think the song even came out before Reynolds and Lively revealed the name of their third but fans guessed it from the song.

E Unit 10-20-21 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Djieffemo (Post 14000493)
So much for my Clue remake 😞

Anyone else worshipping that movie?

What are your thoughs on Van Wilder going back to be just a supporting background player?

Nope.

Count Dooku 10-20-21 05:27 PM

The guy is rich as fuck. He has a beautiful wife. He has three young children. He banged Scar Jo. What's left to accomplish?

Even though he is just in his 40s, he has been acting professionally since he was a teenager. Take a break? Just retire!

But yeah, take a long ass break. When you "come back,"only act occasionally when the project really interests you. Enjoy your fucking life and family.

Wish I was in his shoes.

Djieffemo 10-20-21 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Count Dooku (Post 14000638)
The guy is rich as fuck. He has a beautiful wife. He has three young children. He banged Scar Jo. What's left to accomplish?

Even though he is just in his 40s, he has been acting professionally since he was a teenager. Take a break? Just retire!

But yeah, take a long ass break. When you "come back,"only act occasionally when the project really interests you. Enjoy your fucking life and family.

Wish I was in his shoes.

True... although, CLUE !!!

dex14 10-20-21 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Djieffemo (Post 14000650)
True... although, CLUE !!!

That wasn’t something upcoming that was close to getting made anyway.

RichC2 10-29-21 10:23 PM

Just announced he has a movie with John Krasinski coming out in 2023. Not much of a break.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...004723638.html

Count Dooku 10-30-21 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 14004882)
Just announced he has a movie with John Krasinski coming out in 2023. Not much of a break.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...004723638.html

Maybe for someone as in demand as him, taking most of a year off, and then taking a role in a film where Krasinski seems to be doing the heavy lifting is a a significant break from work.

Cellar Door 10-30-21 03:52 PM

Surely Deadpool 3 is in the works, yes?

Troy Stiffler 10-30-21 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 14000498)
He's gonna count his Aviation Gin and Mint Mobile money.

Lots of celebrities have spirits made in their name. The Mint Mobile thing is new to me. Good for him. Seems like a quality service that helps people. I know plenty of working class people who have trouble keeping their phones on.

Runaway 10-31-21 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Count Dooku (Post 14005024)
Maybe for someone as in demand as him, taking most of a year off, and then taking a role in a film where Krasinski seems to be doing the heavy lifting is a a significant break from work.

I guess the movie making itself isn't the biggest pain, it's the promo, especially for someone like Ryan Reynolds, who is expected to be funny and entertaining all the time.