Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Needle in a Timestack (2021, W/D: John Ridley) -- S: Leslie Odom Jr, Cynthia Erivo -- Time travel drama

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Needle in a Timestack (2021, W/D: John Ridley) -- S: Leslie Odom Jr, Cynthia Erivo -- Time travel drama

Old 10-18-21, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,666 Likes on 1,223 Posts

If love is in the form of a circle, what lines would you cross to be with your soulmate? In this gripping, near-future love story directed by Oscar® winner John Ridley, Nick and Janine (Oscar® nominees Leslie Odom, Jr. and Cynthia Erivo) live in marital bliss, until Janine’s ex-husband (Orlando Bloom) warps time to try to tear them apart using Nick’s college girlfriend (Frieda Pinto). As Nick’s memories and reality disappear, he must decide what he’s willing to sacrifice in order to hold onto — or let go of — everything he loves. Can love endure in a future where time is fluid, and all of life may be just an illusion?

This came out on Friday in limited theaters and on demand.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...estack/1905743

It's a $10 purchase or $6 rental at Vudu.

It has a solid director and good cast, but reviews aren't good though. It's from the director of 12 Years a Slave and the 2 stars of Harriet from 2 years ago. I do like time travel movies, so maybe I will rent it.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/needle_in_a_timestack

Old 01-28-22, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 472 Likes on 392 Posts
Re: Needle in a Timestack (2021, W/D: John Ridley) -- S: Leslie Odom Jr, Cynthia Erivo -- Time travel dr

I used a free rental code on this and thought it was ok. The concept of people having gotten used to random time shifts as a way of life was cool, as was a number of services popping up to help people deal with it (ah, capitalism!), and the cast was good (first time I’ve seen Jadyn Wong since Scorpion), but the movie kinda felt flat for me. It’s supposed to be this great romance in which
Spoiler:
a guy loses his wife due to a time shift, but the wife he ends up with instead seems just fine too. I dunno.

2.5/5 stars