Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms (2021) -- V: Joel McHale, Jennifer Carpenter

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms (2021) -- V: Joel McHale, Jennifer Carpenter

Old 10-10-21, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms picks up shortly after the explosive finale of Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge, the 2020 blockbuster hit that initiated these animated films - which are based on one of the most popular videogame franchises in history. In Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms, our team of heroes is besieged by the enemy forces of Shao Kahn - forcing Raiden and his group of warriors into a deal to compete in a final Mortal Kombat that will determine the fate of the realms. Now our heroes must travel to Outworld in order to defend Earthrealm and, simultaneously, Scorpion must find the ancient Kamidogu before it's used to resurrect the One Being - which would mean certain destruction of all things in the universe. Time is short and the stakes are high in this action-packed continuation of the Mortal Kombat journey. The fate of the universe once again hangs in the balance as warriors come together for one final clash in Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms, an all-new, feature-length film produced by Warner Bros. Animation in coordination with NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

The film arrives from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Digital, Blu-ray, and 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack on August 31, 2021. Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms will be available on Blu-ray (US $29.98 SRP; Canada $39.99 SRP) and 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (USA $39.99 SRP; Canada $44.98 SRP) and Digital. The Blu-ray features a Blu-ray disc with the film in hi-definition and a digital version of the movie.

The 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack features an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc in 4K with HDR, a Blu-ray disc featuring the film in hi-definition, and a digital version of the movie. Pre-orders will be available for the Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack beginning June 28, 2021, and for Digital starting on July 8, 2021. Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms is directed by Ethan Spaulding (Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge, Batman: Assault on Arkham) from a script by Jeremy Adams (Supernatural, Justice Society: World War II) and based on the videogame created by Ed Boon and John Tobias. Rick Morales (Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders, Batman vs. Two-Face) is Producer. Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) is Producer. Executive Producer is Sam Register. Ed Boon (NetherRealm Studios) is Creative Consultant.

This came out August 31st. It's the sequel to Scorpion's Revenge.

It doesn't look like many people have seen it. Only 6 reviews on RT for 50%

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mor..._of_the_realms

Old 10-10-21, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms (2021) -- V: Joel McHale, Jennifer Carpenter

I totally forgot about this until it was mentioned in the 1st movie thread. It's still a $20 PVOD purchase right now and a $5.99 rental. I had a $5 credit on Vudu, so I went ahead and rented it for 99 cents. I'll try to watch it tonight. It's only 80 minutes.

Old 11-01-21, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms (2021) -- V: Joel McHale, Jennifer Carpenter

I rented this weeks ago and watched it on Friday. Honestly, I was disappointed with it. I loved Scorpion's Revenge from 2020. That had a great backstory and it was badass and violent. This one tried to do way too much in the limited running time and the story, especially the final act got very muddled with it's mythology. And I think the new characters introduced here didn't get enough time to be developed. I honestly didn't really care about Liu Kang here and he was apparently the focal point.

I give this a C mainly for some of the fights and violence, but the story was kind of a mess.
Old 11-01-21, 07:15 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

I thought this was decent. Loved SR. This wasn’t, but gory and fun. DJ summed up pretty good, but I think I liked it a little more.
Old 12-01-21, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk God

FYI
This is up on HBO Max
Old 12-02-21, 10:33 AM

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

I didn't like it.

Just like Scorpions revenge, it was too short and jammed in too many storylines into it. Doesn't make it bad. Just not great