DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   The Worst Person in The World (2021, D: Joachim Trier) S: Renate Reinsve (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/653835-worst-person-world-2021-d-joachim-trier-s-renate-reinsve.html)

dex14 09-24-21 06:10 PM

The Worst Person in The World (2021, D: Joachim Trier) S: Renate Reinsve

The Worst Person in The World is a modern dramedy about the quest for love and meaning in contemporary Oslo. It chronicles four years in the life of Julie (Reinsve), a young woman who navigates the troubled waters of her love life and struggles to find her career path, leading her to take a realistic look at who she really is.
Festival reviews are currently at 100%: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the...n_in_the_world

This is from the director of Thelma. If I recall, there were a few people around here who liked that movie quite a bit. If you've never seen it, it is on Hulu.

Toddarino 09-24-21 06:19 PM

re: The Worst Person in The World (2021, D: Joachim Trier) S: Renate Reinsve

I thought someone was making an unauthorized biopic of me at first.

dex14 10-30-21 07:37 AM

Re: The Worst Person in The World (2021, D: Joachim Trier) S: Renate Reinsve

I saw this last night at a festival screening. It is one of the best films of the year. Renate Reinsve is so good in this. No surprise, Norway selected this for their Oscar entry.

Norm de Plume 10-30-21 02:52 PM

Trump biography?

dex14 01-11-22 01:10 PM

New trailer. Neon is finally releasing this next month. One my favorite films of 2021. Highly recommended.

dom56 01-11-22 01:22 PM

So, it not a movie about Donald Trump.

dex14 01-11-22 01:28 PM

Two posts with the same joke. Highly original. Leave it out of this forum.

Throwing Copper 01-12-22 01:57 PM

Hoping to see this sometime soon. Been waiting for a while.

Looks great. Romantic comedies suck so bad in America, so when a good one comes along from wherever , see it.

Although I highly recommend TOGETHER TOGETHER with Ed Helms and Patti Harrison from this past year.

dex14 02-11-22 08:28 AM

dex14 02-23-22 08:57 AM

This is opening wide this weekend. I see it is playing at all of my local AMCs.

Coral 03-12-22 10:13 PM

Finally got around to seeing this tonight. Great film - definitely one of the very best of the year.

Daytripper 03-13-22 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Toddarino (Post 13988725)
I thought someone was making an unauthorized biopic of me at first.

😂

Originally Posted by Coral (Post 14073473)
Finally got around to seeing this tonight. Great film - definitely one of the very best of the year.

Agree. I saw a screener two weeks ago. Meant to come here to post and it slipped my mind. Bravo for it's two much deserved Oscar nominations. But of course "Drive My Car" will win Best International Feature Film. Although this is better.

dex14 03-18-22 07:56 AM

This was added to digital retailers the other day. $5.99 rental / $14.99 purchase.

dex14 06-13-22 03:59 PM

Now available in Hulu.

RichC2 08-06-22 10:02 AM

Watched this on Hulu. One of the best written movies I've seen in a while, kudos to the translation team as well I would assume.

Movie is great reflection on being aimless in your early 30s and life in general, as well as living with your choices even if the actual plot details are nothing new.

dex14 08-06-22 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 14143828)
Watched this on Hulu. One of the best written movies I've seen in a while, kudos to the translation team as well I would assume.

Movie is great reflection on being aimless in your early 30s and life in general, as well as living with your choices even if the actual plot details are nothing new.

I've watched this 3 times since seeing it last October. I don't think I've ever seen a film that many times in a year's span.

More people should see this. Neon really fucked this over with their release strategy. It should've done so much better during awards season.