Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Blue Bayou (2021, W/D: Chon) S: Justin Chon, Alicia Vikander

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-13-21, 07:27 AM

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Only in Theaters September 17

An official selection of the 2021 Cannes Film Festival from award-winning writer/director Justin Chon, Blue Bayou is the moving and timely story of a uniquely American family fighting for their future. Antonio LeBlanc (Chon), a Korean adoptee raised in a small town in the Louisiana bayou, is married to the love of his life Kathy (Alicia Vikander) and step-dad to their beloved daughter Jessie. Struggling to make a better life for his family, he must confront the ghosts of his past when he discovers that he could be deported from the only country he has ever called home.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11121664/
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/blue_bayou_2021
Old 09-15-21, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,115 Likes on 832 Posts
Re: Blue Bayou (2021, W/D: Chon) S: Justin Chon, Alicia Vikander

I'm going to check this out on Sunday. Not familiar with Justin Chon, but I heard some positive things about this movie. I don't personally see a lot of small indie movies like this, but I am interested after seeing the trailers several times.