DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Moonfall (2022, D: Emmerich) S: Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/653676-moonfall-2022-d-emmerich-s-halle-berry-patrick-wilson.html)

dex14 09-02-21 08:23 AM

Moonfall (2022, D: Emmerich) S: Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson

In Moonfall, a mysterious force knocks the Moon from its orbit around Earth and sends it hurtling on a collision course with life as we know it.

With mere weeks before impact and the world on the brink of annihilation, NASA executive and former astronaut Jo Fowler (Academy Award winner Halle Berry) is convinced she has the key to saving us all - but only one astronaut from her past, Brian Harper (Patrick Wilson, "Midway") and a conspiracy theorist K.C. Houseman (John Bradley, "Game of Thrones") believe her.

These unlikely heroes will mount an impossible last-ditch mission into space, leaving behind everyone they love, only to find out that our Moon is not what we think it is.

Directed by Roland Emmerich and written by Roland Emmerich & Harald Kloser & Spenser Cohen, the film also stars Michael Peña, Charlie Plummer, Kelly Yu, Eme Ikwuakor, Carolina Bartczak, and Donald Sutherland.

Moonfall opens on February 4, 2022 in the US and UK and in Australia on February 3, 2022.

RichC2 09-02-21 08:28 AM

Re: Moonfall (2022, D: Emmerich) S: Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson

Looks idiotic as fuck. Can't wait!

GoldenJCJ 09-02-21 08:39 AM

Knowing it’s a Roland Emmerich film tells you everything you need to know about this. :lol:

The teaser trailer was mostly useless but that JFK speech voiceover made no sense. :shrug: Probably, just one of about a million things that don’t make a lick of sense with this project.

Why So Blu? 09-02-21 10:17 AM

Is this part of the Moon 44 world?

mhg83 09-02-21 06:47 PM

"IN Soviet Russia , Moon comes to you!"

Inhumans99 09-03-21 12:57 PM

Is this an unofficial Transformers sequel? It looks like there is a mechanical big bad that is the cause of the calamities in this film. Also, this already looks better than Geostorm, which should have been a much more enjoyable "dumb" film than it turned out to be. I think the problem with Geostorm is that they tried to give it too much of a story, and I had no interest in nor cared about big bad politicians that were the villains in Geostorm. I just wanted to see Gerard Butler beast mode his way past the obstacles thrown at him like he did in Greenland.

We shall see, we shall see, like Rich said, I can't wait!

Shannon Nutt 09-03-21 04:23 PM

Hasn't science been assaulted enough in the last year and a half? :lol:

Why So Blu? 09-03-21 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Inhumans99 (Post 13979407)
Is this an unofficial Transformers sequel? It looks like there is a mechanical big bad that is the cause of the calamities in this film. Also, this already looks better than Geostorm, which should have been a much more enjoyable "dumb" film than it turned out to be. I think the problem with Geostorm is that they tried to give it too much of a story, and I had no interest in nor cared about big bad politicians that were the villains in Geostorm. I just wanted to see Gerard Butler beast mode his way past the obstacles thrown at him like he did in Greenland.

We shall see, we shall see, like Rich said, I can't wait!

Emmerich had nothing to do with Geostorm and I don't think Dean Devlin has anything to do with this either. There's a sci-fi angle in this one since I saw fucking metal tendrils grabbing people. We'll see how it goes. At the very least, it will be dumb as shit just like all of Emmerich's disaster films have always been.

dom56 09-03-21 11:36 PM

I blame them for causing to moon to fall. :)

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...84faade766.png

dex14 11-01-21 11:42 AM

mwynn 12-13-21 03:30 PM

Why So Blu? 12-19-21 01:10 PM

They showed a new trailer of this in front of Spider-Man and it had what's his face from GOT (fat guy Sam) being the obnoxious comedy relief. One bad joke/reaction after the other.

dex14 01-06-22 11:04 AM

GoldenJCJ 01-06-22 11:57 AM

I love that they launch the space shuttle with the push of a button, inside the space shuttle. :lol:

At least this movie looks exactly like it’s being advertised as.

I’m hard up for some original content that isn’t more Marvel movies, so screw it, I’ll watch. If for no other reason than to find out why they would allow a dorky internet social media influencer be part of the space mission.

RichC2 01-06-22 12:02 PM

No Adele theme no sale.

I'm glad the baddie from Lost is getting its own movie.

kd5 01-06-22 08:52 PM

My first reaction to the trailer is that it looks like a bunch of special effects thrown in your face just for the hell of it.......and I'm the guy who loves science fiction.

Gunde 01-07-22 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by kd5 (Post 14036564)
My first reaction to the trailer is that it looks like a bunch of special effects thrown in your face just for the hell of it.......and I'm the guy who loves science fiction.

You sound like you've never heard of Roland Emmerich :lol:

Cellar Door 01-09-22 12:18 PM

I enjoy a good disaster movie, but this looks dumb AF.

Ash Ketchum 01-09-22 12:21 PM

Is this a sequel to DON'T LOOK UP?

DVD Josh 01-10-22 08:32 AM

Armageddon meets 2012 meets Independence Day. I'm there.

EddieMoney 01-11-22 01:28 PM

This looks like a ball blistering shitload of fuck.

dex14 01-11-22 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 14038760)

That will make you shit your pants.

GoldenJCJ 01-11-22 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 14038760)

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 14038763)
That will make you shit your pants.

If those blurbs don’t end up on the Blu-ray cover I’m going to be severely disappointed.

RichC2 01-11-22 02:49 PM

Hmmm. I could see that.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...c9733b6f34.jpg

Rodney2187 01-11-22 06:02 PM

This looks absolutely over the top and silly and I can't wait to watch it.