Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

TÁR (2022, D: Todd Field) S: Cate Blanchett

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

TÁR (2022, D: Todd Field) S: Cate Blanchett

Old 02-02-23, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 164 Likes on 117 Posts
Re: TÁR (2022, D: Todd Field) S: Cate Blanchett

I’m still chewing this one over but fully expect it to linger for a while. It’s a bit overlong and I still don’t know if it needed to go on past the scene where she returns to her childhood home. Not for everyone, but I thought it was pretty haunting and Blanchett was just astounding. I love Yeoh and kind of hope she wins the Oscar but honestly Blanchett delivers a performance that won’t be forgotten.

just read this interesting article which laid out some thoughts on the film and the final act - not sure I agree with them entirely but some pretty stunning little details they caught I missed:

https://slate.com/culture/2022/12/ta...-analyzed.html
Old 02-05-23, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Sunday afternoon viewing today, followed by reading articles about it and rewatching scenes again with a better understanding. It does have a hard shell to get through to understand initially, but upon further reflection I'm a massive fan of this film. Cate absolutely carries it, she should win imo.
Old 03-06-23, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 699 Likes on 570 Posts

I was not really into it in the beginning and too much technical talk about music that went over my head and the classic composers which I don't care for but maybe the last 90 minutes or hour was good.

It was way too long and they could have cut out the opening Q&A session and the kid who could not keep his leg still after she went after him in the session or classroom was annoying.