Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Tawny Kitaen - Dead at 59

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Tawny Kitaen - Dead at 59

Old 05-08-21, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Re: Tawny Kitaen - Dead at 59

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Be on Seinfeld, die. You know how many actors died who were guests on Seinfeld? Granted most were the parents. Only Liz Sheridan around, I believe. Brandon Tartikoff (who saved from cancellation), guy who played Kruger from Krueger Industrial Smoothing. Daniel Von Bargen? Even tried to commit suicide, I believe, failed, obviously. But, I think he actually died, perhaps of complications over diabetes which he originally tried to commit suicide bc some toes or fingers being amputated. Not sure what it was he actually died of though, I’m just guessing daibetes. Never actually disclosed, I think there have been others, but prominent on screen guests. Dead. After Seinfeld. A lot have died from show though, when you think about it...

Of course, I’ll remember her and Adrian Zmed in only the 2nd movie I’ve seen him in and of course, Dance Fever reboot. Blah. She was cute though.
Seinfeld filmed 180 episodes and has hundreds of guest stars,laws of average suggest even if most of those people will just go on to die from old age ala Jerry Stiller,Uncle Leo,Seinfelds dad etc some of those people would die from a drug overdose,suicide,cancer etc. Pick any random 400 or so people from the yellow pages and track them over 30 years and you would get a similiar result.
Old 05-09-21, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 195 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku View Post
Wow, what a great memory for you of the moment you realized you were gay.
She had the face of Seal. I understood the multiple plastic surgeries and the wonders of having an awesome make up artist.
Old 05-09-21, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez View Post
Seinfeld filmed 180 episodes and has hundreds of guest stars,laws of average suggest even if most of those people will just go on to die from old age ala Jerry Stiller,Uncle Leo,Seinfelds dad etc some of those people would die from a drug overdose,suicide,cancer etc. Pick any random 400 or so people from the yellow pages and track them over 30 years and you would get a similiar result.
Yeah, the results would be similar. Being in show business may slightly decrease your life expectancy though. They tend to make more risks with their life and are more likely to suffer from drug abuse and alcoholism than the average population. Musicians seem to have the worst record for premature deaths. Becoming a rap musician definetely decreases your life expectancy. I believe their average live expectancy is only 30 years of age.
Old 05-09-21, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 344 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Be on Seinfeld, die. You know how many actors died who were guests on Seinfeld? Granted most were the parents. Only Liz Sheridan around, I believe. Brandon Tartikoff (who saved from cancellation), guy who played Kruger from Krueger Industrial Smoothing. Daniel Von Bargen? Even tried to commit suicide, I believe, failed, obviously. But, I think he actually died, perhaps of complications over diabetes which he originally tried to commit suicide bc some toes or fingers being amputated. Not sure what it was he actually died of though, Im just guessing daibetes. Never actually disclosed, I think there have been others, but prominent on screen guests. Dead. After Seinfeld. A lot have died from show though, when you think about it...

Of course, Ill remember her and Adrian Zmed in only the 2nd movie Ive seen him in and of course, Dance Fever reboot. Blah. She was cute though.
Maybe the Seinfield producers used their power to give a little help to comic actors who needed it. Or maybe comic actors are more prone to tragic deaths.
Old 05-09-21, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku View Post
Just like The Love Boat, the main cast is still alive, but for all those guest stars, it's like a freaking holocaust.
The Love Boat's aired forty years ago and the guest stars were usually has beens that were well past their prime when they became guest stars on the show. Some of them were from the silent movie era. Others were stars during the 1930's to the 1950's. It would be reasonable to expect they would be long gone by now.
Old 05-09-21, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 237 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
The Love Boat's aired forty years ago and the guest stars were usually has beens that were well past their prime when they became guest stars on the show. Some of them were from the silent movie era. Others were stars during the 1930's to the 1950's. It would be reasonable to expect they would be long gone by now.
Congrats, you figured out the meaning of a joke.
Old 05-09-21, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 1,530 Likes on 966 Posts

My wife told me yesterday that Tawny would call the Angels front office all the time to find out where Chuck Finley was. Shed hang up if nobody answered and would call right back. My wife got her on the phone once and she demanded to know where Chuck was at that moment and insisted he was with another woman. My wife told her I have no idea, but hes not here in the front office.
Old 05-09-21, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 164 Likes on 113 Posts

Wait... several people from a sitcom that premiered over 30 years ago have died? IT'S A CURSE!
Old 05-09-21, 09:30 PM

The following users liked this post:
Why So Blu? (05-09-21)
Old 05-09-21, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 344 Likes on 285 Posts

Old 05-10-21, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

So she agreed to a date even though she's married.
Old 05-10-21, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
So she agreed to a date even though she's married.
She went out with OJ Simpson while she was married to David Coverdale...so it could happen.
Old 05-10-21, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 237 Likes on 176 Posts

I don't know if it is a complete disconnect, or just that hot girls play mind games, but I have heard about this phenomenon of beautiful women accepting what the men think are dates (ie, I want to have sex with you) and the women claiming that they thought the man was just trying to be friends.
Old 05-10-21, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

I met her twice. Helped her shop at Circuit City as a manager in the 90's. I swear to god, I saw her in line to get popcorn, at the Big Newport, opening day of The Phantom Menace, I am in full Jedi costume, and she began flirting with me! LOL. I have told that story a million times.
Decker (05-10-21)
Old 05-10-21, 11:15 AM

^ She would have been married to Chuck at the time.
Old 05-10-21, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 586 Likes on 420 Posts

And yet, she was the one calling the Angels demanding to know where her husband was at all times. She didnt sound like your typical crazy hot chick at all.
B5Erik (05-11-21)
Old 05-17-21, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 280 Likes on 168 Posts

Dang, I just now heard of her passing. She was an iconic 'nookie girl' of the 80s. I lusted over her in Bachelor Party--watched that countless times. I remember when she showed up as Herc's wife in Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and I was disappointed that she didn't have a bigger role in that.