DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   The Marvels (Captain Marvel 2) (2023, D: Nia DaCosta) S: Larson, Vellani, Parris (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/652933-marvels-captain-marvel-2-2023-d-nia-dacosta-s-larson-vellani-parris.html)

Hokeyboy 02-10-20 10:43 AM

re: Captain Marvel 2 (2022, D: DaCosta) — News, Rumors

I'd hope Disney plans to make the "mutant menace" grow and evolve throughout several movies before uniting the X-Men in a feature film. Give it a burgeoning sense of "menace" that finally erupts into urgency, necessitating the X-Men's creation. I'd like that. I'd like that a lot.

And yeah, hold off on Wolverine for a few years. Magneto too. Bring back Thunderbird. Give Storm a Mohawk. And Baba Booey to you all

IBJoel 02-10-20 02:52 PM

re: Captain Marvel 2 (2022, D: DaCosta) — News, Rumors

I'd like Magneto re-introduced quickly, if he's a survivor of the Rwandan genocide, like I've heard suggested. Him just kind of always lurking in the background like he did for a while in the Ultimate universe would be cool.

dex14 12-10-20 07:25 PM

Re: Captain Marvel 2 (2022, D: DaCosta) — News, Rumors

dex14 02-12-21 11:25 AM

EXCLUSIVE: As pre-production ramps up on Captain Marvel 2, Brie Larson looks to have found her next co-star she will square off against as sources tell Deadline, Velvet Buzzsaw‘s Zawe Ashton has been set as the villain in the next installment in the Marvel franchise. Nia DaCosta, who directed the anticipated reboot of Candyman, has been tapped as director on the film.

Disney and Marvel Studios had no comment.

Megan McDonnell, a story editor on the Marvel-based series WandaVision, penned the script for the Captain Marvel sequel, with Ms. Marvel star Iman Vellani and Teyonah Parris also on board to star. While the exact character is unknown sources do say Ashton will be the main villain, though as we know with all Marvel films, there is always a chance the another antagonist may remain hidden till the very end of the film.

Jason 02-15-21 01:34 PM

I hope Mantis is in it in case Captain Marvel needs help carrying a glove after repeated ramming through a starship bare handed.

E Unit 05-03-21 08:36 AM

The Marvels (Captain Marvel 2) (D: Nia DaCosta, 11/11/22) S: Larson

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...5ef38c46eb.jpg

Decker 05-03-21 08:38 AM

re: The Marvels (Captain Marvel 2) (2023, D: Nia DaCosta) S: Larson, Vellani, Parris

Existing thread :
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk...=#post13675574

E Unit 05-03-21 08:38 AM

re: The Marvels (Captain Marvel 2) (2023, D: Nia DaCosta) S: Larson, Vellani, Parris

By all means, merge this bitch.

Obi-Wanma 05-03-21 08:52 AM

FYI, The S in the logo is Ms. Marvel's logo. She will be introduced in her Disney+ series, so she and Carol are the "Marvels"

devilshalo 05-03-21 10:09 AM

Will it include...

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...af587a039.jpeg

Marvelous... Marvel S... nevermind.

Mike86 05-03-21 12:36 PM

To me it’s a tad interesting and stands out a bit that Captain Marvel isn’t in the title of her sequel. Could have called it Captain Marvel and The Marvels or something along those lines.

dex14 05-03-21 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13929045)
To me it’s a tad interesting and stands out a bit that Captain Marvel isn’t in the title of her sequel. Could have called it Captain Marvel and The Marvels or something along those lines.

That wouldn’t make sense since Captain Marvel is one of The Marvels and there is only one other. And it is too repetitive. Captain Marvel & Ms. Marvel is too repetitive too.

Mike86 05-03-21 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13929047)
That wouldn’t make sense since Captain Marvel is one of The Marvels and there is only one other. And it is too repetitive. Captain Marvel & Ms. Marvel is too repetitive too.

Just seems somewhat odd to not have her name in the title directly. I think every other MCU sequel has had the title character in the title. Obviously she’s in it and it’s part of her name and the logo.

Obi-Wanma 05-03-21 12:52 PM

Why are the words Marvel or Captain Marvel automatically appearing in red?

devilshalo 05-03-21 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni (Post 13929056)
Why are the words Marvel or Captain Marvel automatically appearing in red?

Maybe Carol becomes Binary? :shrug:
Also, will this delve into Monica becoming Photon/Captain Marvel 2 with her new powers from WandaVision?

Josh-da-man 05-03-21 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni (Post 13928911)
FYI, The S in the logo is Ms. Marvel's logo. She will be introduced in her Disney+ series, so she and Carol are the "Marvels"

Monica Rambeau, introduced as a child in the first Captain Marvel and later featured a an adult in Wandavision, is going to be in it, too. So there are three "Marvels." I don't think they've given Monica a name yet -- I think she's currently called Photon in the comics. (Monica was originally the second Captain Marvel in the comics, and Carol Danvers was originally Ms. Marvel, the name currently being used by Kamala Khan. Yeah, it gets confusing.)

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13929045)

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13929047)

"Captain Marvel and the Marvels" might be a little too close to Shazam's Marvel Family for trademark and copyright purposes. Shazam was already the original "Captain Marvel" before Marvel Comics snapped up the name.

I suppose they could have called it Captain Marvel 2: The Marvels or something, but they seem to like to change up the title formats of their franchises.

Obi-Wanma 05-03-21 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13929078)
Monica Rambeau, introduced as a child in the first Captain Marvel and later featured a an adult in Wandavision, is going to be in it, too. So there are three "Marvels." I don't think they've given Monica a name yet -- I think she's currently called Photon in the comics. (Monica was originally the second Captain Marvel in the comics, and Carol Danvers was originally Ms. Marvel, the name currently being used by Kamala Khan. Yeah, it gets confusing.)

I guess the symbol in the A is probably going to be Photon's logo then?

EDIT: Actually it looks like she's called "Spectrum" now. She's had a lot of names.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...8a3a84dfc2.jpg

Toddarino 05-03-21 03:00 PM

Wish they kept it Photon. Spectrum reminds me of my shitty internet and tv provider.

Mike86 05-03-21 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13929078)
I suppose they could have called it Captain Marvel 2: The Marvels or something, but they seem to like to change up the title formats of their franchises.

Every MCU film has had at least the main character in the title. There’s not one that doesn’t have the main character in the title. I get it that she technically is one of The Marvels but still. I would think they would feature it more prominently as her film.

Draven 05-03-21 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13929191)
Every MCU film has had at least the main character in the title. There’s not one that doesn’t have the main character in the title. I get it that she technically is one of The Marvels but still. I would think they would feature it more prominently as her film.

I think this is kind of a weird hangup. It seems very logical to me why they did it this way.

Mike86 05-03-21 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Draven (Post 13929197)
I think this is kind of a weird hangup. It seems very logical to me why they did it this way.

I’m just pointing out. Of every MCU sequel film not one has completely left out the main character in the title. Just seems a tad strange to me. :shrug:

Draven 05-03-21 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13929199)
I’m just pointing out. Of every MCU sequel film not one has completely left out the main character in the title. Just seems a tad strange to me. :shrug:

But this is kind of an unprecedented situation in the MCU with multiple characters with the same name. And you don't want Marvel in the title 5 times.

B5Erik 05-04-21 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Draven (Post 13929205)
But this is kind of an unprecedented situation in the MCU with multiple characters with the same name. And you don't want Marvel in the title 5 times.

Marvel Studios presents Marvel's Captain Marvel and the Marvels.

mndtrp 05-04-21 12:47 PM

Captain Marvel and the Marvels sounds like a house band at your local bar.

GoVegan 05-04-21 02:12 PM

I think the name is fine. If there had been a second Hulk movie with She-Hulk and Hulk Kitty, I think Hulks would have been an acceptable name.