Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Zack Snyder’s Justice League (Snyder, 2021) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Zack Snyder’s Justice League (Snyder, 2021) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
10.94%
14.06%
39.06%
15.63%
6.25%
4.69%
4.69%
1.56%
1.56%
1.56%
0%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Zack Snyder’s Justice League (Snyder, 2021) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Old 03-21-21, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,546 Likes on 2,541 Posts
Re: Zack Snyder’s Justice League (Snyder, 2021) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Some behind the scenes photos from the Knightmare sequence shoot

The following users liked this post:
Why So Blu? (03-21-21)
Old 03-21-21, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts
Re: Zack Snyder’s Justice League (Snyder, 2021) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Another thing I just noticed, the whole snippet of Joker dialogue with "we live in a society" was not in the final version.
The following 2 users liked this post by Why So Blu?:
IBJoel (03-21-21), wearetheborg (03-21-21)
Old 03-21-21, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Received 1,056 Likes on 616 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Another thing I just noticed, the whole snippet of Joker dialogue with "we live in a society" was not in the final version.
I was reading that there was another Joker sequence or two that they couldn't fit in.
Why So Blu? (03-21-21)
Old 03-21-21, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
He filled the mother box with a shit ton of radiation for Cyborg could track its location on the globe. Without his dad sacrificing himself, the JL wouldn’t have been able to find where Steppenwolf took the boxes.
He couldn't have initiated the laser from outside the enclosure???

The Supemant-JL fight: why was Flash running at him? What could he have done?
Also, when Flash gets knocked hard enough to crumble concrete: he should have been seriously hurt.

Some small nitpicks.
whotony (03-26-21)
Old 03-21-21, 06:01 PM

Why So Blu? (03-21-21)
Old 03-21-21, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I was looking for it, did not hear it, and I was like, did I miss some dialogue, rewatched it, still nothing, and I was confused.
Why So Blu? (03-21-21)
Old 03-21-21, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,546 Likes on 2,541 Posts

FYI, there's a 6 minute featurette up on HBO Max in the extras section on the making of the Snyder Cut. It's also on HBO Max's YouTube page.
Old 03-21-21, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by Artman
If this were given a wide release in theaters, it'd be cropped on the vast majority of screens.
Then it wouldn’t be a wide release!
IBJoel (03-21-21)
Old 03-21-21, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts

Still a bit confused as to why Meera was speaking with an accent and why they kept it for the new footage when there's a whole movie where she doesn't have one. I guess in this "Elseworlds" type setting, it makes sense. I also guess that despite all of Heard's negative publicity, she's staying in the role.
Old 03-21-21, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Draven
You really think an IMAX theater is going to screen a 4 hour movie from the previous year that's a version of a movie from 2017 that has been available to view at home for months by the time that theater opens? Easily halving the number of showings per day for something that a handful of diehards will see, if that (because they've already all seen it at home)? That's something you think will happen in 2022? Not to mention that theaters will still be dealing with the glut of delayed movies that didn't come out in 2020?

It might get a few one-night-showings here and there but there is zero reason for this to be in 4:3 just to accommodate those showings. I mean, my god, HBO Max had to put a disclaimer on this thing because they knew they'd get people asking them what was wrong with the stream. That's a bad move from a director.
I can totally see them doing it as theaters are reopening and there is a lag between audiences returning and studios getting that glut out. Do you know what was playing on IMAX in Mississippi for the last few weeks? Tom and Jerry (which is also on HBO Max at the same time).

Now, I agree that general audiences are not sitting through a four hour movie though. I will go see it, but I am not general audiences.
Old 03-21-21, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts

Originally Posted by wearetheborg
Why did Pa Kent allow himself to be killed by a tornado when Clark could have easily zipped over and saved him? Snyder likes killing Dads, I guess.
Old 03-21-21, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I had some vacation time to use this past week so I was off Thursday and Friday and decided to try and give this a true serialized comic treatment. Thursday I watched Man of Steel, then on Friday I watched Batman v Superman (Ultimate version), and then Friday I split the Snyder cut into to two halves. I will say that if you view all of these consecutively, they are quite cohesive. Snyder definitely kept his vision consistent, for better or worse.
I did not take the time to do the “lead up” and was going to ask those who did. I know Age of Ultron benefits from watching a certain sequence of films around it, so I may give this a go. Others who did the whole gauntlet, did it work better?
Old 03-21-21, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
Some behind the scenes photos from the Knightmare sequence shoot

https://twitter.com/uberkryptonian/s...449394176?s=21
Do we need to get Tom Cruise on set to tell Batman and Deathstroke that they are wearing their masks wrong?

Also, I am hearing rumors of a new cut of the movie in the near future. The Dan Snyder Cut will simply be called “The Superheroes Movie.”
Old 03-21-21, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by wearetheborg

The Supemant-JL fight: why was Flash running at him? What could he have done?
Also, when Flash gets knocked hard enough to crumble concrete: he should have been seriously hurt.

Some small nitpicks.

Steppenwolf was right there. As far as Flash getting hurt, he has regenerative healing abilities.
wearetheborg (03-22-21)
Old 03-21-21, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

ZSJL changing minds

Old 03-21-21, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Still a bit confused as to why Meera was speaking with an accent and why they kept it for the new footage when there's a whole movie where she doesn't have one. I guess in this "Elseworlds" type setting, it makes sense. I also guess that despite all of Heard's negative publicity, she's staying in the role.

And she said her parents were killed as well.

They were also, as the subs on my tv called it, "trilling"...when speaking in water and needed to create air bubbles to speak so we could understand them. It actually makes sense. But it also worked the way it was handled in Aquaman.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 03-22-21 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-21-21, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo

They were also, as the subs on my tv called it, "trilling"...when speaking in water and needed to create air bubbles to speak so we could understand them. It actually makes sense. But it aslo worked the way it was handled in Aquaman.
Again I ask - can other Atlanteans make the bubbles or do they have to grab Mera anytime anyone needs to talk underwater?

Old 03-21-21, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Giantrobo

They were also, as the subs on my tv called it, "trilling"...when speaking in water and needed to create air bubbles to speak so we could understand them. It actually makes sense. But it aslo worked the way it was handled in Aquaman.

Really? I've seen that epilogue a few time already and only remember her saying wants revenge on Darkseid for killing Arthur. Don't remember her mentioning her folks.
Old 03-21-21, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 362 Likes on 262 Posts

After really liking this I watched Man of Steel today and felt different about it too. I'll have to watch Batman VS Superman again sometime.

In business, the Snyder Cut is knowing as "throwing good money after bad money". But I guess only time will tell if we get anything else like this. I hope we do. I have high hopes for the Flash. And I'd watch a Knightmare movie.
Old 03-22-21, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 397 Likes on 265 Posts

I’m fucking dumbfounded that we were given the film we were given when this film existed. It’s almost as if Warner Brothers was actively trying to lose money.
Old 03-22-21, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 397 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
Again I ask - can other Atlanteans make the bubbles or do they have to grab Mera anytime anyone needs to talk underwater?
If you watched the movie more carefully, you could answer the question yourself, since Willem Dafoe made a bubble.
Old 03-22-21, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Runaway
If you watched the movie more carefully, you could answer the question yourself, since Willem Dafoe made a bubble.
He did, but then he started talking before Aquaman came into it. It was like, dude, he can’t hear you. Lots of superhero movies do things because they look cool and not because they make sense, but Snyder takes it to an extreme.
Old 03-22-21, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I watched all 4 hour and....hated it.

Things I hated:
  • How willing the superheroes were to kill their enemies
  • Overuse of slo-mo
  • Superman, who represents truth, justice and hope and chooses darkness - literally, he picks a black costume for his comeback
  • Superman, the paragon of a hero, maims his enemy in a fight by lasering off his horn
  • Wonder Woman, decapitates a defeated enemy because, why not?
  • Batman - "and make no mistake, I will fucking kill you."
  • Also, Batman, whose parents were gunned down, to whom guns are anathema, picks up a gun and blasts hundreds of parademons out of existence
  • The aspect ratio
  • The dialogue - Cyborg: "It's nature is to fly" (no shit, it's a plane) - Batman: "Just like you." Ugh.
  • The length.
  • The general "darkness" of the film. In every possible way.
I could keep going but the single biggest thing for me is that these onscreen representations simply are not the characters that 80+ years of DC Comics history have given us. These are Snyder's perversions of those characters.
IBJoel (03-22-21)
Old 03-22-21, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

Things I hated:
  • How willing the superheroes were to kill their enemies (Well, yeah... those enemies have kill thousands+ people)
  • Overuse of slo-mo (Ok, can't argue here)
  • Superman, who represents truth, justice and hope and chooses darkness - literally, he picks a black costume for his comeback (Not that big of a deal, considering he came back from the dead. But, I can see Snyder doing this for the hell of it)
  • Superman, the paragon of a hero, maims his enemy in a fight by lasering off his horn (Again, not a bid deal since said enemy has killed thousands, he should've decapitated him.)
  • Wonder Woman, decapitates a defeated enemy because, why not? (I loved it.)
  • Batman - "and make no mistake, I will fucking kill you." (It is an older version of Batman)
  • Also, Batman, whose parents were gunned down, to whom guns are anathema, picks up a gun and blasts hundreds of parademons out of existence (Yeah, because kicking and punching them would've made a difference.)
  • The aspect ratio (Agreed)
  • The dialogue - Cyborg: "It's nature is to fly" (no shit, it's a plane) - Batman: "Just like you." Ugh. (double agree.)
  • The length. (Triple agree.)
  • The general "darkness" of the film. In every possible way. (Yeah, I have to agree here too.)
Movie is far from good. It's ok at best. heh
Old 03-22-21, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts

Originally Posted by ytrez
I watched all 4 hour and....hated it.

Things I hated:
  • How willing the superheroes were to kill their enemies
  • Overuse of slo-mo
  • Superman, who represents truth, justice and hope and chooses darkness - literally, he picks a black costume for his comeback
  • Superman, the paragon of a hero, maims his enemy in a fight by lasering off his horn
  • Wonder Woman, decapitates a defeated enemy because, why not?
  • Batman - "and make no mistake, I will fucking kill you."
  • Also, Batman, whose parents were gunned down, to whom guns are anathema, picks up a gun and blasts hundreds of parademons out of existence
  • The aspect ratio
  • The dialogue - Cyborg: "It's nature is to fly" (no shit, it's a plane) - Batman: "Just like you." Ugh.
  • The length.
  • The general "darkness" of the film. In every possible way.
I could keep going but the single biggest thing for me is that these onscreen representations simply are not the characters that 80+ years of DC Comics history have given us. These are Snyder's perversions of those characters.
Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on Thor beheading Thanos in Endgame?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.