Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Zack Snyder’s Justice League (Snyder, 2021) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Zack Snyder’s Justice League (Snyder, 2021) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
10.94%
14.06%
39.06%
15.63%
6.25%
4.69%
4.69%
1.56%
1.56%
1.56%
0%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Zack Snyder’s Justice League (Snyder, 2021) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-21, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Re: Zack Snyder’s Justice League (Snyder, 2021) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Then why fucking complain about it? You don't want an explanation? Then stop talking out of your ass on shit that's been explained onscreen. Pay attention while you watch shit instead of bellyaching that there's no reason for it or that it looks silly. Someone just posted about the nurse winning the jackpot and thought it was being stolen from regular folks until it was explained that it was the Gotham lottery. See how easy that was? You're bent on this whole ZS sucks, his movies suck, blah, blah, blah.
Cyborg 100% stole the money. You think it’s more realistic to believe a bank would give a random person $100,000? That was just the way he hid it so she wouldn’t question it.
The following users liked this post:
spainlinx0 (03-29-21)
Old 03-23-21, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
Re: Zack Snyder’s Justice League (Snyder, 2021) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by fujishig
Wait, do people seriously believe there's a Gotham lottery that you win via ATM and it wasn't just made up by Cyborg so the woman would feel like that money wasn't stolen from elsewhere? Who needs to pay attention?

I was paraphrasing.

Last edited by Why So Blu?; 03-23-21 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-23-21, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Draven
Cyborg 100% stole the money. You think it’s more realistic to believe a bank would give a random person $100,000? That was just the way he hid it so she wouldn’t question it.

That makes sense. See how easy that was? You get it. Does not make me hate or question the film any less. I thought it was a cool scene, as well.
Old 03-23-21, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

The point still stands that he stole it though which is what you were arguing against...

Again, that's a small point, it's consistent with him cheating on the test (basically, consequences be damned). But my initial point about this was that if you have to cut a four hour movie down to two, I understand why you completely cut those scenes and the Flash job scenes. They might make for decent things to explore in separate movies though.

Last edited by fujishig; 03-23-21 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-23-21, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 826 Likes on 547 Posts

That scene reminded me of the time I got paid too much at work and they didn’t notice and neither did I. Then a few months later I had to pay back a couple grand.
That broad is in some deep shit when she spends that money and the bank realizes what happened.
Old 03-23-21, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 826 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
The point still stands that he stole it though which is what you were arguing against...

Again, that's a small point, it's consistent with him cheating on the test. But my initial point about this was that if you have to cut a four hour movie down to two, I understand why you completely cut those scenes and the Flash job scenes. They might make for decent things to explore in separate movies though.
The thing is, if a cohesive universe was established PRIOR to Justice League, we wouldn’t need these setup scenes, because those characters should have already been introduced. That shaves off a considerable amount of time right there.
Old 03-23-21, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Received 1,068 Likes on 621 Posts

I wish the Junkie XL score was available on vinyl. It buries the piece of shit one by Elfman. I think my favorite piece of music is during the end when Flash goes back in time. When the piano keys start at the beginning right before he takes off - it's badass. I also enjoyed the new WW Amazonian theme, and the more metal rocking instances in certain parts.
I love how trippy the guitar portions (or it might be piano like you said, I don't really know jack about music) of "At the Speed of Force" are and I think it's part of the best visual sequence of the film. I'm not super hot on the drums at the end. I can't sanction the new wailing portions for WW
Why So Blu? (03-23-21)
Old 03-23-21, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Then why fucking complain about it? You don't want an explanation? Then stop talking out of your ass on shit that's been explained onscreen. Pay attention while you watch shit instead of bellyaching that there's no reason for it or that it looks silly. Someone just posted about the nurse winning the jackpot and thought it was being stolen from regular folks until it was explained that it was the Gotham lottery. See how easy that was? You're bent on this whole ZS sucks, his movies suck, blah, blah, blah angle.
Hmm. Why complain about things in a movie on a message board specifically dedicated to said movie? Gee, I don't know.

If I want an explanation for something, I'd ask. You know, like I did when I had a plot question. Otherwise, I'm not looking to be mansplained. Likewise, it's possible I already understand all those things and simply disagree with you.

Besides, if you really believe that family won the Gotham ATM lottery, you're probably not the one I trust to explain things to me.

Last edited by clckworang; 03-23-21 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-23-21, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino
That scene reminded me of the time I got paid too much at work and they didn’t notice and neither did I. Then a few months later I had to pay back a couple grand.
That broad is in some deep shit when she spends that money and the bank realizes what happened.
Are we really at this level of nick-picking? WTF
Old 03-23-21, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by clckworang
Hmm. Why complain about things in a movie on a message board specifically dedicated to said movie? Gee, I don't know.

If I want an explanation for something, I'd ask. You know, like I did when I had a plot question. Otherwise, I'm not looking to be mansplained. Likewise, it's possible I already understand ask those things and simply disagree with you.

Besides, if you really believe that family won the Gotham ATM lottery, you're probably not the one I trust to explain things to me.
And I accept the answers I was given. I'm not gonna give them shit for it or "whatabout" it to death. I could also be a dick about it and tell them that I don't want to be mansplained to.
Old 03-23-21, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Received 1,068 Likes on 621 Posts

Old 03-23-21, 12:34 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

At this point, I would be echoing those that liked the movie, but this version was great. Lots more Cyborg, more Flash, a little more Wonder Woman, extended scenes that add background to Superman's recovery, much better final battle. Batman was okay. Aquaman seemed more of an after thought still. If the movie would have ended with the Justice League standing together near the end, it would have been perfect, but instead the epilogue dream sequence dragged it down a bit. It tries to justify the unnecessary dream sequence from Batman v Superman, but that's just piling on a mistake. It was great watching that fight between Wonder Woman and Superman again, love her little smirks as she took hits.
Old 03-23-21, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Are we really at this level of nick-picking? WTF
When a completely unnecessary scene in a 4-hour movie is also wildly stupid, it’s gonna get some comments
IBJoel (03-23-21)
Old 03-23-21, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,203 Likes on 2,067 Posts

I think it would be easy enough to explain away that Cyborg is advanced enough that he was able to effectively hide the paper trail well enough to not have it come back to that lady.

The point of the scene was that Cyborg is able to manipulate the system to benefit those who need it. Not that Cyborg is out there fucking up people’s lives. The movie grazed the subject of ethics and whether or not Victor should have that much power but didn’t get into it too deeply. it’s probably something best left out of an already 4 hour movie and saved for a stand-alone Cyborg movie.
The following 3 users liked this post by GoldenJCJ:
IBJoel (03-23-21), spainlinx0 (03-29-21), Why So Blu? (03-23-21)
Old 03-23-21, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When a completely unnecessary scene in a 4-hour movie is also wildly stupid, it’s gonna get some comments
And when there are multiple scenes like that, they will get comments.

I didn't have an issue with the idea of the scene, but the lottery part of it was an eye roller.
IBJoel (03-23-21)
Old 03-23-21, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I think it would be easy enough to explain away that Cyborg is advanced enough that he was able to effectively hide the paper trail well enough to not have it come back to that lady.

The point of the scene was that Cyborg is able to manipulate the system to benefit those who need it. Not that Cyborg is out there fucking up people’s lives. The movie grazed the subject of ethics and whether or not Victor should have that much power but didn’t get into it too deeply. it’s probably something best left out of an already 4 hour movie and saved for a stand-alone Cyborg movie.
That's what I assumed to, that Cyborg would have covered the trail somehow. But you're exactly right, the morals/ethics of him changing grades pre Cyborg and then shifting money around after is something that is touched on very briefly and then ignored, and because it doesn't really go anywhere it was probably best left on the cutting room floor (if you had to cut something). Same with Barry Allen working all these jobs (but having a whole room full of computers and a space age suit). Or several scenes of Aquaman not giving a damn. Or WW taking out bank robbers (which ok, that was a cool scene which is why I presume they left it in in the Whedon cut and even tried to tie it in).
Old 03-23-21, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

And when there are multiple scenes like that, they will get comments.

I didn't have an issue with the idea of the scene, but the lottery part of it was an eye roller.
The scence wasn't explained, it was just a demonstration of Cyborg's powers. I'd say he stole the money and invented the lottery, but nowhere it says, he stole the money from the bank. Perhaps he stole the money from a billionaire like Bruce or he stole a penny from 10.000.000 people so nobody was really harmed. Is this really so important, it was a symbol for Cyborg's good intentions nothing more. Don't over think it.
whotony (03-26-21)
Old 03-23-21, 01:02 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

This is too damn funny.

https://www.ign.com/articles/snyder-...-motion-slo-mo
clckworang (03-23-21)
Old 03-23-21, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Runaway
The scence wasn't explained, it was just a demonstration of Cyborg's powers. I'd say he stole the money and invented the lottery, but nowhere it says, he stole the money from the bank. Perhaps he stole the money from a billionaire like Bruce or he stole a penny from 10.000.000 people so nobody was really harmed. Is this really so important, it was a symbol for Cyborg's good intentions nothing more. Don't over think it.
Uh, I didn't overthink it. I got the point of the scene. I said I didn't mind the idea of it. I wasn't the one speculating on where the money came from. I just think this advanced cyborg could have come up with something better than "You won the lottery!" That part of it made my eyes roll.
Old 03-23-21, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Uh, I didn't overthink it. I got the point of the scene. I said I didn't mind the idea of it. I wasn't the one speculating on where the money came from. I just think this advanced cyborg could have come up with something better than "You won the lottery!" That part of it made my eyes roll.
Yeah that's true, but Snyder and Terrio aren't advanced beings, they couldn't come up with something better.
Old 03-23-21, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

I'd argue that sort of scene is necessary. Without such moments, the audience doesn't connect to the characters and story and thus don't care what's happening. This is how I felt about Whedon's cut. And, to be fair to Whedon, Batman VS Superman - which I'll have to revisit now that I feel a little more for the story and characters.

That disconnect is why it takes extra effort for sci-fi and action/adventure movies to make people feel something. Fast and Furious movies without the family melodrama and brohski romances would be ineffective.

Now the logic in that scene is a bit much. Much like poor Sam/Falcon getting that loan after saving the universe.
Old 03-23-21, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
I'd argue that sort of scene is necessary. Without such moments, the audience doesn't connect to the characters and story and thus don't care what's happening. This is how I felt about Whedon's cut. And, to be fair to Whedon, Batman VS Superman - which I'll have to revisit now that I feel a little more for the story and characters.

That disconnect is why it takes extra effort for sci-fi and action/adventure movies to make people feel something. Fast and Furious movies without the family melodrama and brohski romances would be ineffective.

Now the logic in that scene is a bit much. Much like poor Sam/Falcon getting that loan after saving the universe.
Hey, I like backstory, just saying if Snyder was in charge of the original release, he'd have had to cut it down to 2 hours too, and that stuff really belongs as build up in some other movie. I mean if you have to cut half the movie you have to start with that kind of stuff (or split the movie in two or something).
Old 03-23-21, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts

I watched it over the weekend in one sitting. I liked it pretty well, and the 4:3 didn’t bother me like it thought it would. But just too damn much slo-mo. I know it’s his thing, but enough already.
Old 03-23-21, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

You all are talking as if Cyborg gave the lady a pile of cash that physically had to come from somewhere else. Money is fairly conceptual to start with and when it’s just 1’s and 0’s, I have no problem with Cyborg’s mastery of all things digital being able to ‘create’ some extra money into someone’s account. Nitpick real problems, like why Steppenwolf has armor for his penis and tail instead of tucking them into his pants armor.
The following 2 users liked this post by maxfisher:
IBJoel (03-23-21), majorjoe23 (03-23-21)
Old 03-23-21, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Once again, louder this time: Cyborg did not steal money from the bank and give it to the woman.

Nor did he "create money" for her.

Watch the scene again: it shows that Cyborg rigged the "Gotham City Bank Prize Jackpot" so that the woman won the contest.

While that might not be exactly legal per se -- he basically did the equivalent of fixing a slot machine that was going to pay out anyway.
DJariya (03-23-21)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.